Agreed with above. After watching countlees Youtube videos, I've come to the conclusion that these CTeks are a great product! If you won't be driving for a bit, it's a great idea--as Case says above to Cycle the battery. It's like a little hamster wheel for your 'vette's battery!

Snowing in Calgary today. I could have done a few more trips, but glad I put the 'Vette away when I did.
[mob][/mob]

Last edited:
Tomorrow the weather here in Toronto will be over 20 ...My bad boy will be going to work with me :D....Have to enjoy these nice days before the snow hits :(

Enjoy the ride Peter -- If you find yourself free for some reason and you want a ride to Stoney Creek, check out our thread in 519 forum for details.

Cheers,
Colin

This topic is Depressing me.:( I hate the thought of winter coming. I'm driving mine right up to the time they start salting the roads. Then I give her a real good cleaning and put her away until a hopefully very early spring.

I Hate :swear: Winter!!!!!:mad::mad:

anyone with any information on whether or not they would recommend getting rust proofing on a c5 just to protect little bit of exposed metal and underbody from the winter salt in the spring?

heres my 2 cents....I use Fluid Film on any bare metal.. I have a Texas 2500HD that I drove one winter (not much) The "like new" frame had a few spots show rust.. I sprayed some Fluid Film on and it disappears.. its awesome stuff .....

Fluid Film

make sure you run your engine for 20 minutes or so after adding stabilizer. ensures that you have treated fuel in the entire system. battery tenders are great ,i have several,one is hardwired to my lil' kubota backhoe for winter use. the batteries in my atv's are 6 years old. learned a lot when i was in the marine business. an unused battery will discharge at the rate of 1% per day!!!

Hey guys, great tips.....I seem to have done most of them. I removed the wheels and have mine up on jackstands, since I need to redo the brakes prior to spring. Has anyone had negative effects from doing this? I also removed the battery and brought it inside, I hit it with a trickle charger a couple of times over the long winter. Thoughts?

Hey guys, great tips.....I seem to have done most of them. I removed the wheels and have mine up on jackstands, since I need to redo the brakes prior to spring. Has anyone had negative effects from doing this? I also removed the battery and brought it inside, I hit it with a trickle charger a couple of times over the long winter. Thoughts?

No problem as far as I know .Removing the battery is exactly what GM recommends for long term storage .I believe it's in the owners manual of C5/C6 's .Worse problem I've ever had is re-indexing my windows and thats no biggie .

For all of ya that are getting cabin fever just wait till the next 30 '' show storm and drive around for 8 hours ,works wonders .Next ya can clean and detail till spring .:(

No problem as far as I know .Removing the battery is exactly what GM recommends for long term storage .I believe it's in the owners manual of C5/C6 's .Worse problem I've ever had is re-indexing my windows and thats no biggie .

For all of ya that are getting cabin fever just wait till the next 30 '' show storm and drive around for 8 hours ,works wonders .Next ya can clean and detail till spring .:(

I too have disconnected the battery...and just caught your comment about re-indexing the windows.
I just assumed that other than the clock and radio, everything else would just readjust and work as it should. Then again, it's my first winter with the vette and first time storing it....so, I am rather new at all this.

Any tips on re indexing of the windows? ....or anything else other than the stereo and clock?

Thanks in advance bud.

David

No problem on indexing and you might not have to depending on the sequence your battery was disconnected .Anyway I start with the right window key on run the window down and hold for about a minute than run it up .do the drivers side next .If you have a problem revert to the owners manual .:D This is a great time of the year to actually read the manual cover to cover .

if you are going to be needing an e test, i would be leery about disconnecting the battery.
Always a matter of contention rather to disconnect or not .We have testing also and it maybe different in Canada.After Disconnecting the battery it sometimes takes a few miles for the computer to completely reprogram ,it's nothing the driver will even notice .I make sure I run a tank or more of gas before testing ,get rid of stabile and old gas . Interestingly enough we get better tests using Canadian gas (Irving )

Till the end of time there will be different opinions on disconnect .In reality ya probably can't do it wrong :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.