I agree. I don't think new cars should leak...but a seep? If it does not return after you take it out it may be a dry seal. I know older cars can seep or leak if left sitting then once you drive them again, they are fine! The reason why I don't think new cars should leak is because of the increase in tolerances, better machining and manufacturing processes as well as advances in gasket materials. If it continues, I would see the dealer for warranty work....or at least ask Manny.

Its manual... I had it sitting for 2 weeks once the weather cooled down. And vent to move it and was a small drip like size of quarter. Near diff. Not sure if diff tranny or lockout solenoid.. I figure seals shrunk cause of the colder weather? I guess I'll get it checked out
[mob][/mob]

If its a C5 probably the rear seal.Common problem as they get older!:mad:

do you guys leave the ctek plugged in all the time or plug it in every few weeks ?

glad I bought one :)

Duff

All the time. They're designed to cycle thru all phases of charge/discharge constantly and will charge then shut itself off as needed.

It really makes charging/maintaining a battery that easy. Just plug it in and forget it.:D

C.

Can someone explain why a trickle charger is no good??

A standard trickle charger is no good because it can overcharge the battery. It does not know what state the battery is in like a smart charger. This can cause the battery to overheat and boil off all it's fluid. A trickle charger is fine if you just plug it in every once in a while to top up the battery but how often and for how long, I am not sure.

thanks

thanks guys

btw - I just picked up an option for my CTEK - it's a plug attachment that plugs into my lighter instead of hooking it up to the battery - just route the chord throu the door - no more opening the hood - got it thru "Complete Battery Source" for 10 US dollars - makes it much more convenient when using the car part time :D

thanks guys

btw - I just picked up an option for my CTEK - it's a plug attachment that plugs into my lighter instead of hooking it up to the battery - just route the chord throu the door - no more opening the hood - got it thru "Complete Battery Source" for 10 US dollars - makes it much more convenient when using the car part time :D

Good feature. That's how my Ctek came with my 'vette (optional).
Very handy.
C.

Winter storage for my C6: leather conditioner on seats, fuel stabilizer, full tank, dryer sheets in engine comp near all wiring, and inside car under dash, plug exhaust pipes with steel wool, no wash, no wax, as I will do this when I bring home. According to GM website on car storage, I just disconnect neg battery terminal. I visit my car once a month for a startup to charge battery and run car around the block to max op temp...if roads are clear. I do similar for my boat as I winterize it every year myself.

Does this cuase condensation in motor when it cools down
[mob][/mob]
Not at all .It takes approximately twice as long for the oil temp to come up to 200 degrees as the water temp .
Those who recommend that ya should just leave the car alone till spring are probably right .The problem is that in some cases this can cause deep physiological and depression for the owners .

There's 2 camps on this one: one that likes to start the engine occasionally and keep things lubricated and working and one that leaves it well enough alone.

I start mine to keep it somewhat lubricated and working but if you do start it up you must warm it up properly -- as Elf says watch the oil temp and make sure it's up to temp b4 shutoff.

Of course sitting in it and starting it and spending a few minutes in it occasionally helps with the winter blues on your way to spring.

C.

Not at all .It takes approximately twice as long for the oil temp to come up to 200 degrees as the water temp .
Those who recommend that ya should just leave the car alone till spring are probably right .The problem is that in some cases this can cause deep physiological and depression for the owners .

Hahahahahaaa! Oh, so true! Why, why, why do I have to live in a land that keeps me away from my love for half the year?

Not a problem. She likes Mustangs so I don't expect her to be signing up anytime soon...plus, I have so many useless posts like this one that her finding out I said that would be like finding a needle in a cornfield.....plus she knows where she stands with the car.:D

not to get too far off topic but is there any procedure for starting the car for the first time in the spring?

I suspect that gas to the floor and waiting until dimples appear under the hood isn't the correct way to warm it up.

not to get too far off topic but is there any procedure for starting the car for the first time in the spring?

I suspect that gas to the floor and waiting until dimples appear under the hood isn't the correct way to warm it up.

Not as far as I know, Wayne -- just push the button. It may turn over a couple extra times but other than that it should fire up as normal.

C.

I can't see whats off topic with spring :D I'd check to make sure your battery has a good charge ,take a quick look under the hood and under the car for leaks of any kind .Most important smile as your sitting in the seat .Nothin' like spring start up :seeya:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.