Thanks. I was torn about the z51, but opted for the all season tires instead. I'm going to have to wait until I get my car though. I want to see what it looks like without.

I had many second thoughts as well about the Z51 package, but needed all season tires and couldn't squeeze in yet another set of extra tires/rims in my garage, so practicality won out in the end. As well, I think the Z06 and subsequent C8 models will be the "true" performance track cars for this generation Corvette. But hey, just my opinion and I respect everyone's right to have their own.

On another note Murray, I don't see the daily production VIN's being posted on the Facebook group anymore. I assume you're got a different reliable source and I look forward to your update in the "current BG production estimate" thread. Thanks for continuing with that, even after you've (sniffle sniffle) got your C8. Hopefully you won't be too distracted to carry on with that much appreciated tally!

One of the guys on midengine gets them from a dealer. But only until his car is built. The guy on Facebook also got his car built so now lacks interest to provide us with info. Hopefully someone will step up or we'll gave to rely on Kerbecks sit for some info.

🔫
Capture.PNG

Reactions: ABC
I'm hoping they all come back from the break 100% healthy to get my built the week of 7/13 ! .. also praying for a fast delivery out to Alberta to enjoy the rest of summer with it😎

I'm hoping they all come back from the break 100% healthy to get my built the week of 7/13 ! .. also praying for a fast delivery out to Alberta to enjoy the rest of summer with it😎
I am sure they will. I also have had a 7/13 TPW and, like you my car is an ELB 2LT, my guess is that you will be close to me in the build sequence. My VIN is known. I am # 4663 which means likely coming off the line on Tuesday July 7th unless they do good numbers on the afternoon shift in which it will be Monday the 6th. While I am only guessing, I think they would try to group "Canadian" destinations in groups of 10 at least so that full truck loads can be sent without delay. Lots to consider in the planning of production sequence. Keep your fingers crossed. Good Luck.

I am sure they will. I also have had a 7/13 TPW and, like you my car is an ELB 2LT, my guess is that you will be close to me in the build sequence. My VIN is known. I am # 4663 which means likely coming off the line on Tuesday July 7th unless they do good numbers on the afternoon shift in which it will be Monday the 6th. While I am only guessing, I think they would try to group "Canadian" destinations in groups of 10 at least so that full truck loads can be sent without delay. Lots to consider in the planning of production sequence. Keep your fingers crossed. Good Luck.
Congratulations as well! .. Was your dealer able to provide you with your Vin? ..if so , I better start bugging mine ..lol!!

Congratulations as well! .. Was your dealer able to provide you with your Vin? ..if so , I better start bugging mine ..lol!!
No, I was given my VIN by the museum as I was trying to book the collector photo book and discovered I was too late as they needed 30 days notice. So while they will not do this for all buyers if you did want a book you could try to get it. The dealers seem to not be able to readily see VIN's until at 3800 status. I am told this is not true but that it is not on the first screen they would see. I just got my VIN on Friday. So pretty close to production. By all means try to get your dealer to investigate. Mine at least kept me up to date on my event codes. So you first need to see if you are at 3400. If not then likely a VIN is not issued yet. That 3400 event code is the first major milestone to production likely only a week or two away.

So I wasn't following the "shut down" too closely. I assume it's for their 4th of July? How long are they shutting down for? Like they needed it anyway.... didn't they have months of COVID vacation anyway... lol
Yes they are shut down for the week only. They have a mandatory 2 week shutdown for summers. This is part of the UAW contract. So it is a negotiated paid vacation period. They agreed to cut it down to 1 week this year. My guess to address the backlog of cars to build. They will be back on Monday July 6th and that is also the start of the second shift of production too. So numbers next week should really kick up a notch. Keep your fingers crossed for no COVID issues to hit the state. I am glad the plant is not in Florida.

Reactions: Sparro
The dealers seem to not be able to readily see VIN's until at 3800 status. I am told this is not true but that it is not on the first screen they would see.
According to Eric, who knows he system well, it can NOT be seen by dealers here. Who told you it was available?

They will be back on Monday July 6th and that is also the start of the second shift of production too.
No, apparently it will be no earlier than the 13th. Must still be parts issues.

• Scared
Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread