Did someone say earlier that the cars after built only stay on the lot for 10 days and then shipped? I still havnt seen my vin number on any of the shipping charts from C8Liz. Are they taken off the lot and held somewhere else? Do all the canadian shipping lists get posted or just what you can get your hands on. Its gotta be on its way now or early next week. So anxious
If you have your vin you can see if it is on a trailer. go here. Click on the search icon and enter your FULL vin.

So there must be a QC issue on that car. Wilson Nibblett had a much later VIN (4248) and it was already on a truck June 26th.
I just entered the vin on that transport sight it says origin Bowling green, Destination null, it gives a freight bill number, my vin then says status pending. Not sure if this has anything to do with the extras on the car like pinstriping, fender hashmarks holding it up are they installed there or at my dealer? I've yet to see one with the fender hash on the internet or youtube or anything like that when being picked up by people

Reactions: Bucketoy and ABC
I just entered the vin on that transport sight it says origin Bowling green, Destination null, it gives a freight bill number, my vin then says status pending. Not sure if this has anything to do with the extras on the car like pinstriping, fender hashmarks holding it up are they installed there or at my dealer? I've yet to see one with the fender hash on the internet or youtube or anything like that when being picked up by people
If it's on their page then it has been released for shipping. Have you tried the concierge to find out exactly what your status code is? It's likely just waiting for other Ontario cars. Your dealer might not have been invoiced yet.
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green

Reactions: ABC
Sounds to me that if you have a freight bill, then it is on a load next. May not have dispatched yet but is likely pending. I would think you may see it out soon. If there are still loads going then maybe Monday. They would have likely finished for the day early given the July 4th Holiday. Perhaps you are right with the application of stripes and hashes maybe an offline process.
If it's on their page then it has been released for shipping. Have you tried the concierge to find out exactly what your status code is? It's likely just waiting for other Ontario cars. Your dealer might not have been invoiced yet.
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
I'll be happy to help out if you're waiting for more Ontario Cars. My car comes off the line on Tuesday. hahaha. No stripes to wait for so good to go. Hope paint is dry.

Reactions: Bucketoy
I don't think your stripes are holding it up. It's more likely what Murray and ABC eluded too... or might just need a small repair, panel alignment etc. They want them perfect when they leave the plant :). It will be on its way soon.

So today... out of the blue... I get an email from my dealer.
He says "I received good news today. You have moved to status 3000 and your corvette will be built this month!"
He says as soon as he gets the TPW he'll let me know as well as an estimated time of pickup.
But I went to status 3000 on January 24 with a then TPW of April 6th and according to order management I have a now TPW of August 3rd. I do expect my vert to start making its way through the assembly line on July 27 and come off on August 3rd. But if it gets built this month I won't be upset with that.

He says "I received good news today. You have moved to status 3000 and your corvette will be built this month!"
He says as soon as he gets the TPW he'll let me know as well as an estimated time of pickup.
But I went to status 3000 on January 24 with a then TPW of April 6th and according to order management I have a now TPW of August 3rd. I do expect my vert to start making its way through the assembly line on July 27 and come off on August 3rd. But if it gets built this month I won't be upset with that.
I called my sales person last week and asked for a status update. I got an email last Friday from him with a GM attachment about the fact that they are only planning on building those vehicles that are currently at 3000 status. This is the same information the forum has been passing around for about a month. I talked with him about what status I was at, he had no idea. I just got an email from him that I was at status 3000, which is what I told him already. He has no idea of TPW. Looks like they may not get much information or some sale people are not aware where to find it.
Sounds like it’s best just to deal with Chevrolet.CA chat.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
I called my sales person last week and asked for a status update. I got an email last Friday from him with a GM attachment about the fact that they are only planning on building those vehicles that are currently at 3000 status. This is the same information the forum has been passing around for about a month. I talked with him about what status I was at, he had no idea. I just got an email from him that I was at status 3000, which is what I told him already. He has no idea of TPW. Looks like they may not get much information or some sale people are not aware where to find it.
Sounds like it’s best just to deal with Chevrolet.CA chat.

When you spend half your waking hours praying for a customer to come through the door, and the other half tracking if your month end commission cheque will be enough if you eat at McDonalds once more, there is little time left for anything else. Certainly not all, but there are many sales personnel out there like that. JMO

LOL....

Sounds like his sales manager told him some poor info.

Many many many salespeople don't have access to workbench. The Sales manager usually does all that.
For sure it appears to be a mixed bag out there. My salesman has access to WB and has always been open with the status of my order. But they have not had VIN's either until 3800. At least that's my understanding. They were shocked when I gave them mine. No question that the underground works well for us expected owners. As an aside, not to take any support away from Morgan Crosbie, but I just had my order delivered from the Museum. I ordered 4 brochures. I am keeping one but will offer 3 up for others to buy. I need to get $45.00 to help cover cost of shipping and brokerage. I picked up a polo and jacket too. All ready for the dealership photos when my baby is delivered. haha.

Reactions: Gilles27
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
Do you have the concierge/order management phone number again, I am having problems locating it in back discussions. My car still shows a destination name "null" but their is a freight number and vin number. It was built on the 22nd.. Does the vehicle need to be invoiced and paid for by the dealer before it is delivered? my status still shows pending

I've had mixed results trying to get info from "Order Management" since the last time I called, they refused to talk to me and said they'd only talk to a "dealer". So I'd suggest calling the Customer Assistance Centre: 1-800-263-3777 and have your order number handy. They got back to me within 2 hours and provided the status of my order. Good luck!

And I don't think the dealer has to pay for the car right away. I know from past info, that cars usually sit on the dealer lot for 3 months before the dealer has to pay GM, which is why dealers tend to reduce prices after they've had a vehicle on their lot for a few months. That's admittedly OLD information (30 years ago) so I don't know what happens now but can't imagine dealers having to pay up front. Plus with COVID they may even have their time for payment to the manufacturer further extended.

No, the dealer is invoiced after the car is released and available to ship.
These things don't have to happen in order.
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced

4104, 4106 and 4150 are all about money.
4000, 4B00 and 4200 are all about shipping. At 4000 the car can move to 4B00 which means it's waiting for the shipper to pick it up or assign it to a trailer (not sure which).

For sure it appears to be a mixed bag out there. My salesman has access to WB and has always been open with the status of my order. But they have not had VIN's either until 3800. At least that's my understanding. They were shocked when I gave them mine. No question that the underground works well for us expected owners
That's because they are making assumptions. When the car is built the vin stares them in the face. They don't have to look for it. Even one of the largest dealers in he States didn't know where to look.

7/7 BUILT 🔫
Screenshot (96).png

sr.PNG

I forgot I was going to repost this info.

You can go to the Chevrolet website 2020 Corvette Stingray | Next Generation | Chevrolet Canada
Use the chat function and give them your order number, your name and your dealers name. They can tell you your TPW and confirm anything on your order.
You can also call 1-800-263-3777 for the same folks.
You can also call Order Management if you know your dealers dealer code at 800-668-5846

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread