So I just got an email back from the sales manager, not encouraging. Yes I am still on "the list" no orders yet and they start Feb 2020 for Canada (his words) will not confirm where I am in relation to others on the list and says expect spring 2021 for car. So I am now not sure I should not be continuing to look for a dealer with better allocation to Customers wait listed. Or do you think this is a waste as all will be spoken for anyways.

So I just got an email back from the sales manager, not encouraging. Yes I am still on "the list" no orders yet and they start Feb 2020 for Canada (his words) will not confirm where I am in relation to others on the list and says expect spring 2021 for car. So I am now not sure I should not be continuing to look for a dealer with better allocation to Customers wait listed. Or do you think this is a waste as all will be spoken for anyways.
Disappointing since you had your deposit in just after the reveal, and the dealer doe not want to provide you with any more information on regards to what position you are in. I was #27 at a dealer that had 5 allocations for the first phase. I became more educated on the GM ordering process and I soon realized after spending significant time on the forums that I would not be getting a 2020 C8. Now looking elsewhere, not very optimistic at this point. I feel your pain.

• Sorry
Reactions: OttawaKev
I have no idea. My rep is either not on top of this or they are keeping tight lipped. Dealing with Humberview. Gave them 1,500 back in July. All I was told is that they have 12 builds in the next 16 months and that I would see car summer of 2020. Confirmed I am in cue but that’s it.
I would find out what number on the deposit list you are, to see where you stand, if you are in the top 12 you will most likely get a car on the first allotment.

Agree. GM apparently has told dealers that what they assumed they were getting for the second allotment batch will now be significantly reduced. Probably has to do with the strike/late start and not enough runway available to get full production numbers in for 2020 MY ...

I know I am at the top of the list for the next allotment. Put down 80K deposit so think that should hold it. LOL. I passed on the last one because there wasn't a hardtop convertible in it. They said maybe January or February they might start building them.

Since you live in Canada like I do you should know we are always at the bottom of the list. We are lucky to get six cars in an allotment. While in the states they can get 30 or so. Guess you will have to be patient with who you are with. They aren't about to throw money out the window and lose your sale. Even though some will be waiting to take your place if you do jump ship. Its winter anyways. I hope mine isn't done before spring as a buddy of mine has his Grand Sport in one of my climate controlled garages right now. I could kick my wife's car out in the cold though. LOL.

more like April
Possibly. No one really knows for sure about anything it seems. If it looks like I wont be getting it until mid summer I will just wait till September when most 2021's will be coming out. Don't feel like buying a year old car by the time I get it.

Working at a dealership, if anyone asks anything, I say "It happens when it happens." Everything is just speculation.

As for the timing and model year, Corvettes seem to typically follow the actual year and don't do the "early" model-year thing like most models. Heck, the Equinox comes out with the new model year as early as May. The 2020 'Vettes may be built all the way up to Xmas, 2020. This won't make the 2020 Corvette a year old when you get it. Besides, it'll be so unique, it's not like it'll lose any value when you drive it off the lot. You can probably sell it for more than you paid for as soon as you get it, regardless of when you get it.

Working at a dealership, if anyone asks anything, I say "It happens when it happens." Everything is just speculation.

As for the timing and model year, Corvettes seem to typically follow the actual year and don't do the "early" model-year thing like most models. Heck, the Equinox comes out with the new model year as early as May. The 2020 'Vettes may be built all the way up to Xmas, 2020. This won't make the 2020 Corvette a year old when you get it. Besides, it'll be so unique, it's not like it'll lose any value when you drive it off the lot. You can probably sell it for more than you paid for as soon as you get it, regardless of when you get it.
Thanks for the insight, and hope. LOL. I have waited around 45 years for a mid engine Corvette since I had my 1974 Vette. So I think I can wait a bit longer. :)

I had this exchange with my GM guy today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191206-111744.jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-111744.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 69

Also with the news coming out that they are loosing $$$ on them at this opening cost, I have read in some articles the 2021 will be more expensive.

Cheers,

Kevin

Again. Speculation. Nothing concrete saying this will happen.

My rep believes it will only go up on the base model. Which is kinda weird because don't you start with every base model and add your options???

My rep believes it will only go up on the base model. Which is kinda weird because don't you start with every base model and add your options???
That is what I was thinking buy who knows as EJ says speculation....Lets just hope we get some good Canadian support :)
Cheers,
Kevin

Reactions: kerry4
'19 model year started JAN '18 > lasted 23 months :Shrug2:

The 2018 and 2019 model years were really weird. 2018 started production mid-2017, if I'm not mistaken, but then they shut the plant down for 3 months in August to rebuild the paint section of the plant. It re-opened in November when they hammered out all of the 65th anniversary editions for the 2018MY. They built less than 10,000 2018 Corvettes.

2019 began in January 2018 because of the release of the ZR1, which was not going to be a 2018MY vehicle.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.