Hi Guys,
I am new here. In love and want to buy a 2020 Vette. I want to share my story about the buying process.
I gave a deposit of $2000 in the first week of September 2019 to a Chevy dealer in my area and kept waiting patiently with the hope that my dealer will call me when order booking will start.
No call till January 12th 2020. When I called them on January 13th then they told me that they are charging a $10,000 dealer markup over the MSRP of $69,998 of base 2020 Vette.
Now my price will be & 79,998 if I want to proceed with booking otherwise my spot will be offered to someone else as they have only 3 allocations.

This is really a terrible situation. I want to buy but will never pay $10,000 dealer markup. I want to know if anyone else experienced the same situation.
Thanks
Anurag
Expose the dealership

Reactions: Canadianclassics
Good Morning All,
Quick question for the group. How important does everyone think the front end lift feature is? Am I foolish to not have chosen this? I have a firm build order from my dealer and I have until tomorrow am to finalize. So far it is a 2LT with Z51 in ELB with the red calipers. I have topped out now at 90K and really do not want to spend another dime. But the lift option has been left off for now. I have to make this final decision today. Advice? Am I being short sighted for another few K and or can this be retrofitted as a dealer upgrade later?

Good Morning All,
Quick question for the group. How important does everyone think the front end lift feature is? Am I foolish to not have chosen this? I have a firm build order from my dealer and I have until tomorrow am to finalize. So far it is a 2LT with Z51 in ELB with the red calipers. I have topped out now at 90K and really do not want to spend another dime. But the lift option has been left off for now. I have to make this final decision today. Advice? Am I being short sighted for another few K and or can this be retrofitted as a dealer upgrade later?

To each their own but I have a few places I go including putting it on my 4 post lift that the lift will make things so much easier. To me it was a no brainer and the price is a steal. 👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
Good Morning All,
I would make sure there will be no factory option I want to add. Not only is it a PITA to get it done later at a higher net cost, but insurance may then rate your car as modified. They wont know what lift is and just ask you how much horsepower did it add. Real funny but true. The secret is everything you include in the original bill of sale, is what most insurers consider to be “not midified” 😂 ya my new word for a modified C8 is “midified”

My Wife is so tuned-in for this stuff when I buy. Our last purchase she rolled her eyes finding out the Sierra we were shopping for comes optioned with a 6.2l power-plant, a performance intake and exhaust and also Mag-Ride. Then she was asked by the sales manager "...is there anything that you would like in this truck ...?" She replied "Everything that he would only want to add on later". This truly comes from experience for her ...

Last edited:
Good Morning All,
Good Morning All,
Hey ABC, I not getting it as I dont see a need for it, but that is simply my opinion. Im a minimalist when it comes to options on the C8. Do you now have an allocation for your order?

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Ok sounds like I am adding the lift feature. Have call in to dealer to change now prior to firm set tomorrow. Thanks all.
Are you ordering any LPO options like ground effects, mirror covers,splash guards, etc? If so, they can be ordered through
the dealers parts department and installed after you get your C8 when budget allows. The RPO options like the front lift
can't be installed after the car leaves the factory due to the fact that they have to be in integrated with other systems in
the car like the GPS.
Another benefit to buying LPO options through the parts department is they may give a discounted price especially if you
belong to a local Corvette Club. You can also save money if you install them youself. My dealer sponsors the local Corvette
Club and gives all new Corvette buyers a one year membership to the club. Corvette club members receive a 25% discount
on Corvette related parts and accessories including LPO's ordered through the parts department.

Reactions: Canadianclassics
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.