Casual User
May 12, 2021
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 HTC 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Brand new '22 HTC with less than 50Km. CEL came on, transmission won't go into Reverse, and this message came up. Anyone experience this?

IMG_4588.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I feel deflated :(
I do have an OBD II reader and iPhone app that I have used on other cars.
It is currently in a shop getting PPF.
Once it is done, I will take it to the dealership.
Appreciate your troubleshooting and advice.
Any chance it's a one-off / fluke? (crossing fingers)

Any chance it's a one-off / fluke? (crossing fingers)
I've heard of one-offs with the DCT, but I'd still take it in anyway. They likely won't do anything if they can't see it for themselves, unless there is a code, so don't wait too long.

Codes are stored in the system when they go off so they should be able to see the code.
Most codes only stay though so many heat cycles if the problem goes away. Unless programming has changed for newer cars.

Yes you do. Onstar automatically sends out a report when system picks up a problem..
Funny, though. I'm not a subscriber but I get warnings when my tire pressures are low, but not when I get a CEL. Must be a safety thing.

On my way to work there is a long downhill access route. I usually throw it into Neutral until I hit the light at the bottom. One time I accidently hit Reverse with the car still rolling and received the same message. Just happy the computer is smarter than me. Ok I'll get it out of the way. Everything is smarter than me...

Yes you do. Onstar automatically sends out a report when system picks up a problem..

I am trying to follow your adventure with the DCT and GM replacing your 2021 with 2022, however there are many posts and difficult to follow. . I am wondering if you have a thread that details what happened and how GM responded.

My C8 has been in the shop for a week now awaiting a transmission part. The CEL light went on and trying to get to dealership the car was bucking as it changed gears while stopped. Full brake on it lunged forward almost into a stopped car and then stalled. Did this about 5 times getting to the dealership. By the time I got there I was shaking and terrified the car was going to kill me. So pissed I considered throwing the keys at them and telling them to keep it.

I certainly am interested in your process in getting a replacement.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.