Definitely get it checked out. Even if it's a "one-off" you'll create a record so if you have more problems after your warranty has expired, it might be covered. My HTC had no problems so I expect it's a DCT issue (DCT common to both Coupes and HTC) rather than a Coupe vs HTC issue. Good luck toronto365 and let us know how this is resolved.

Reactions: JohnB22C8
OnStar Basic is free for 5 years. Doesn't tell you much.
Ya, it tells me via announcement through the radio once a month, that OnStar is limited. In 2014 we got a similar message BLASTED through the radio every time we started the car. Took me several angry phone calls to get the system removed from my car. It can be completely disabled remotely even though they swore it could not be. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Just got it back from getting PPF. Drives fine but still showing CEL and struggles to get into Reverse sometimes.

To the guys that have had DCT troubles (and hopefully since resolved), any recommendations on a west end dealership (Mississauaga/Oakville/Burlington) that is experienced with DCT issues?

OnStart just ran a diagnostic ...

TCM - Transmission System
P2746
The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Transmission System that transfers power from the engine to the drive wheels. You may experience reduced power or shifting issues. If the vehicle is continually driven with the check engine light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, and the engine might not run as smoothly. This could lead to future repairs. Service within 7 days

OnStart just ran a diagnostic ...

TCM - Transmission System
P2746
The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Transmission System that transfers power from the engine to the drive wheels. You may experience reduced power or shifting issues. If the vehicle is continually driven with the check engine light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, and the engine might not run as smoothly. This could lead to future repairs. Service within 7 days
All the DCT issues I've heard about had a GM engineer involved. Any place you go to has that option, so it's important to go to a dealer that is trustworthy and has experienced techs. Hopefully Applewood's has/is both.

Budd's did the DCT flush 3x as prescribed on Friday.
Took it home, drove well.
Started her up the next day, same issues reappeared on start up.
Took it back in this morning.
Chevrolet has authorized a new transmission, but it is on min 30 day back order :(
Have they sold your coupe, you may be down for a couple of months, good loaner

Last edited:
Budd's did the DCT flush 3x as prescribed on Friday.
Took it home, drove well.
Started her up the next day, same issues reappeared on start up.
Took it back in this morning.
Chevrolet has authorized a new transmission, but it is on min 30 day back order :(
If my car was brand new and the engine and trans had to come out I would tell the dealer to put me on a short list for a new one, guess I don't trust dealers for major surgery

On my way to work there is a long downhill access route. I usually throw it into Neutral until I hit the light at the bottom. One time I accidently hit Reverse with the car still rolling and received the same message. Just happy the computer is smarter than me. Ok I'll get it out of the way. Everything is smarter than me...
Not a good practice to coast in nuetral. I'm sure the OM says it's a no no.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.