No allocation at my dealership. This is what they told me. Being the next in line is worth s**t,if they don't get any. If I don't get one this year, I will move on. 28 months and 17 days up to now. Add one more month, now. F u GM!
Sorry to hear. That is an extraordinarily long time.

Thanks. My salesman is frustrated and losing patience with us because we enquire about allocations! What does he expect from us? It's only been 2 and one third year and he is frustrated!
Maybe it’s time to consider a higher volume dealer? Pick up in Ontario. Make a weekend out of it…

Maybe it’s time to consider a higher volume dealer? Pick up in Ontario. Make a weekend out of it…
I do not think my wait time would improve much , being next in line. I am ready to buy a used 2lt convertible but not at the inflated price I am seeing.

I do not think my wait time would improve much , being next in line. I am ready to buy a used 2lt convertible but not at the inflated price I am seeing.
there is still hope that if you get Aug 11 allocation that you will get your car before Nov 1st like I predicted few months ago.
what other cars are you considering if you don't get your C8?

there is still hope that if you get Aug 11 allocation that you will get your car before Nov 1st like I predicted few months ago.
what other cars are you considering if you don't get your C8?
I am shopping BMWs , Mustangs , Challengers, anything with a under 11.5 seconds quarter mile. I like drag racing. I should of kept my 2016 but I believed my salesman that I would get a 2022. :Cryin: :Banghead: I get it by November , that means right in the garage for a very long winter.:mad: Thanks for the encouragement , though.

I am shopping BMWs , Mustangs , Challengers, anything with a under 11.5 seconds quarter mile. I like drag racing. I should of kept my 2016 but I believed my salesman that I would get a 2022. :Cryin: :Banghead: I get it by November , that means right in the garage for a very long winter.:mad: Thanks for the encouragement , though.
None of the cars you listed will be even close to the C8.

Jeez, that sounds like a great idea, wait a second, I think I know someone who is doing exactly that :)

I knew from the start that Quebec blows for allocations, no matter what dealer you go to (I went to a few), and when I asked the few questions and looked around at what was in storage from deliveries over the winter (not many), I knew where my money was going, good 'ol Ontario. Easy drive, and heck, once I get the car and drive it back here to Quebec, I will be wanting to head back there to see the boys on here at the car meets !!

Reactions: Bunny hop
It's too late for me.

Lots of finger pointing when these car deals go sideways

Owners that sell their old cars before even having a non guaranteed allocation

Dealers for promising allocation that they don’t know they will get

GM for not informing dealers better of their plans for allocations ex. Percentages

Well as I'm #3 at Spencer's hopefully August 4th is my day. Birthday is Aug 16th so that would be nice... hehe.

@wlgj maybe check out some used dealers and negotiate down any premium they are asking. Platinum Cars and Munro seem to have loads of stock and with a recession looming they may want to offload stock heading into the latter part of summer

Well as I'm #3 at Spencer's hopefully August 4th is my day. Birthday is Aug 16th so that would be nice... hehe.

@wlgj maybe check out some used dealers and negotiate down any premium they are asking. Platinum Cars and Munro seem to have loads of stock and with a recession looming they may want to offload stock heading into the latter part of summer
I agree, I would offer $10,000 less than asking price on every used C8 that you like on autotrader and go from there. Once your new C8 arrives you can sell the used C8 for what you paid for it and get all your money back.

Reactions: CamsC8

Are you getting your C8 August 4th or just your allocation?

Thanks guys for all your help but I just bought a 2017 C7 for the rest of the summer. It s a 2017 2LT Z51 Coupe with 2950 kms. I will be checking Carfax , to make sure this is true and to make sure he did the minimum requirement of services. It is black outside with a ceramic grey interior . Looks brand new. Should get it next week. The owner is gone for the weekend. :Cryin: Already have a deal with my C8 salesman. He will buy the Vette and sell it back to me , because I have a trade in with him for 72000$ and this one is 70000$ , so I will pay 0$ taxes.;):Hurray: After that we have a deal for him to buy back this one as a trade in for my C8 and I will get at least what I paid for and maybe more. So I will save on 70000 some $ on taxes again , when the C8 arrives. As for the price of my C8 , yes, it is price protected but I must NOT make any changes because the price increases by over 3000$ because options have gone up also. Have a great weekend everybody.

Thanks guys for all your help but I just bought a 2017 C7 for the rest of the summer. It s a 2017 2LT Z51 Coupe with 2950 kms. I will be checking Carfax , to make sure this is true and to make sure he did the minimum requirement of services. It is black outside with a ceramic grey interior . Looks brand new. Should get it next week. The owner is gone for the weekend. :Cryin: Already have a deal with my C8 salesman. He will buy the Vette and sell it back to me , because I have a trade in with him for 72000$ and this one is 70000$ , so I will pay 0$ taxes.;):Hurray: After that we have a deal for him to buy back this one as a trade in for my C8 and I will get at least what I paid for and maybe more. So I will save on 70000 some $ on taxes again , when the C8 arrives. As for the price of my C8 , yes, it is price protected but I must NOT make any changes because the price increases by over 3000$ because options have gone up also. Have a great weekend everybody.

In Ontario you can’t keep a tax credit over a year, I believe you sold your other C7 well past that, sounds like you found a nice C7

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.