Funny thing is they've been doing it this way for generations! lol.
GM hears about it, but do they "really" care? They say they do. They hired a nine year old to create a program to email owners when their status changes. From what I've seen it works 60% of the time at best!
I used to email 100,000 students every few days. It didn't take me more than 10 minutes to write scripts to do it.

... It is very disappointing to see dealerships in the US like MM post clear data for all their customers by order number yet we fight to get any data at all. I wish there was an obvious reason. Anyone have insight into this?
Perhaps huge dealers have enough staff (manpower and budget) that they can afford to step up to that level of communication.

Funny thing is they've been doing it this way for generations! lol.
GM hears about it, but do they "really" care? They say they do. They hired a nine year old to create a program to email owners when their status changes. From what I've seen it works 60% of the time at best!
I used to email 100,000 students every few days. It didn't take me more than 10 minutes to write scripts to do it.
Wow, I thought this was a relatively new thing based on some new Canadian rule about privacy or something. Interesting to know.
The MM system of posting by order number seems to be private enough and certainly fills the bill without even an email program. But like you say even a minimal effort would result in better information.

At least GM are great a developing and building better and better Corvettes. Thank you Tadge and team!

My TPW is 8/1, status 3300. Got my partial VIN. Hopefully it will get completed next week.
Hm, interesting. Are you sure you are 3300 and not 3400? Orders aren't normally sequenced until all the parts are at the factory which triggers 3400 status. I assume you got the info from Shane? He told me vins weren't available until 3400.

Hm, interesting. Are you sure you are 3300 and not 3400? Orders aren't normally sequenced until all the parts are at the factory which triggers 3400 status. I assume you got the info from Shane? He told me vins weren't available until 3400.
No, I'm wrong. 3300 is sequenced which produces the vin as it is the sequence number. I made an assumption based on this communication from the museum.

"You are not at 3400 yet.
Your order does not have a VIN.
VIN usually becomes available about week prior to production."

Ands this from a dealer

If your dealer clicks on "Go to Vehicle Order Inquiry" in the order screens of GM Workbench and types in your order number it will show them the last eight of the VIN... then if they scroll that screen all the way to the right they will be able to click on "VIN Incentive Lookup". When they click on that link the full 17 digit VIN will be pre-filled for them on the incentive page.

This process is useless until the order is at 3400 status. It does not work at 3000 or 3300 status even if there is already a TPW before it gets to 3400 status. The dealer will never be able to get a VIN before 3400 status... only vehicles with museum delivery can get that earlier from Shane. I do not know exactly where in the process he can get the VIN.

The dealership can see the vin when one is assigned at status code 3400 and above.
"Tell him to do an order inquiry manually and there will be a vin incentive lookup link..... way, way, way, way to the right. "

Reactions: Rhue
FYI - if you folks know the partial VIN, you can estimate delivery. Image attached. My Vin is 7680 so expected to be built next Thursday (7599-7768).

corvettebuild.jpeg

FYI - if you folks know the partial VIN, you can estimate delivery. Image attached. My Vin is 7680 so expected to be built next Thursday (7599-7768).

View attachment 99105
Um, do you not follow my posts?

• Love
Reactions: Rhue
Thanks! I guess I will be stalking that thread daily now 😆

Thanks! I guess I will be stalking that thread daily now 😆
Murray I told you yesterday 3300 always been that way,once you have the last 9 digits/letters easy to figure out the complete VIN

Murray I told you yesterday 3300 always been that way,once you have the last 9 digits/letters easy to figure out the complete VIN
Yes YOU told me. Like you are the end all? ;) lol. Who do you think told Spencers how to do it? Anyway, see above when we first found out it was told to us by a U.S. dealer. That is what he said. Even the Museum couldn't get me mine at some point at 3300 before 3400. There must be some other trigger. Perhaps it's not posted on Workbench for a couple of days after 3300 or something. Anyway, it's certainly there at 3400.

Reactions: Gilles27
Most folks may already know this but incase you were looking to decipher your VIN number based on the partial number. Quick note: the check digit changes from 0-9 so you can test them out. 9 worked for me.

2022_vin_card_88d9bb2889ce11e2b7ed22287850f032063ff131.jpeg

Most folks may already know this but incase you were looking to decipher your VIN number based on the partial number. Quick note: the check digit changes from 0-9 so you can test them out. 9 worked for me.
I've posted this many times.

So 1G1YB2D43L5101234 First four are always the same.
1st is Country of Origin: 1 = USA
2nd is Manufacturer: G = GM
3rd is Make of car: 1 = Chevrolet
4th is Car Line or Series: Y = Y-body series (Corvette)
5th (2020) is 6 = 1LT, 7 = 2LT, 8=3LT - (2021 and up) A = 1LT, B = 2LT, C=3LT, (Not sure about Z06 trims yet)
6th is 2 = coupe, 3 = HTC (Vert)
7th is always D (restraint system)
8th is engine type 4 = LT2, 3=LT6
9th is the Check Digit. Use the Check Digit Calculator
10th is model year L = 2020, M = 2021, N = 2022, P=2023
11th is 5 = Bowling Green
12th is 1 = customer, 0 = CTF
The rest is partial vin. (sequential)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.