7500 kms and my overall average is 9.9L/100km. But it varies by the type of driving I do. Some tanks at fillup I see 7.3 if I have been driving nothing but highway. Some at 10 or more if lots of urban driving. At my last four tank fillups I was at approximately 9.1 for each tank.
Thanks

My best was 7.4 during break in driving well below rpm for break in.

8.8-9 on highway runs ( 200km +) and 10-11 for in town driving.

If I goose it, I don’t bother looking what I got as I know it was for a good cause.

I’m ~2600km now so still pretty new.
I do have a heavy foot, in town and I cruise at 120 on highways of 100. I always leave it on current drive cycle. Do you drive on my mode or touring or...?

Reactions: Vbill
Watch this from :40 to 1:20
Then decide what you mean by "better"
I get the point. I drive it hard , all the time. This was just a curious question. I do not drive it over 120 kms , so as not to get a ticket but if I have too , I do , then look around for cops. Highway drive at 120 is not even close , yet, to what I was getting with my C7. I will test it out another way. I will reset one of my mileage and see what I get. By the way , this is a movie , not real life! ;)

My best run is, 9.6 liter /100 kms. I drive, My Mode, all the time. Now I used to get 8.5 or less on the highway, in sport mode, with my C7s. Most of the time, I am in the ten. something with the C8. I have not reached 4000 kms yet. Normal, or are any of you, getting better?
When I drive long distance (1000kms or more) I get 7.8-7.9 l/100kms. Otherwise, in regular use it’s closer to 8.8. I guess I’m not mashing the pedal near enough!

Reactions: Bunny hop
I do have a heavy foot, in town and I cruise at 120 on highways of 100. I always leave it on current drive cycle. Do you drive on my mode or touring or...?
I set cruise to 120-122 on highway.

My mode in town, tour on highway , Z mode for fun times.

Mine is not Z51 so that could be a small difference on gas mileage too. Z51 agressive ratio will get you better 0-60 for a trade off in top speed and fuel efficiency.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I set cruise to 120-122 on highway.

My mode in town, tour on highway , Z mode for fun times.

Mine is not Z51 so that could be a small difference on gas mileage too. Z51 aggressive ratio will get you better 0-60 for a trade off in top speed and fuel efficiency.
Makes sense. Mine could be a little heavier , being a convertible and Z51.

Hamilton to Wytheville Virginia last Saturday...

20230909_175846.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
I was pulled over once in the States, cop asked if I knew how fast I said I was driving. I said 125. He said he had me at 78, but was willing to write me up at 125 if I preferred lol...
I do the same, when driving in the USA, switch to their system.

I was pulled over once in the States, cop asked if I knew how fast I said I was driving. I said 125. He said he had me at 78, but was willing to write me up at 125 if I preferred lol...
😅 answered with my phone. Never fails to fail me.

Last edited:
Decided to check mine and Trip 1 is 7,000 km and average is 19L / 100 km. No idea how you are getting such fuel mileage. Maybe as movie Ken Miles maybe said "... but if you ask me this isn't your car, your car's more a Plymouth .... Studebaker"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.