I know there's dealers out there saying "MSRP" and my hat's off to any of them that actually do that.

But, I'll be surprised if even the base model rolls off any lot for less than 90-100G Cdn.

Taxes, fees, mark up, etc. I'll bet that very very few go for the 65-ish grand that's being thrown around in the media.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, although history seems to indicate I won't be. I honestly don't blame dealers for stupid mark ups. Like any other consumer, I don't like it. But I can't blame them for charging as much as people will pay for a product. It's a business and they're out there trying to make as much profit as they can. It's the goal of every business to make as much profit as they can, so when they have a hot product they charge for it until the market lets them know they are charging too much by not buying them or sales slowing so much that something is obviously wrong with their pricing.

Case in point was the ZR1 C4. It was a 30G premium over a "regular" C4 when it was released and after mark ups (and other things like "fees", taxes, etc) had most of them rolling out the door closer to 100 G. And yet: people were still buying them at that stupid price......same as the cabbage patch kid "craze" when it was on, beanie babies, the "tickle me elmo xmas rush" that one year or any other product that people seem to go stupid/rabid over.

At the end of the day, I'm not looking to by a C8 so I really don't have a horse in this race. But it will be interesting to see what people start posting up as their final price once they hit the dealer lot asphalt.....

I know there's dealers out there saying "MSRP" and my hat's off to any of them that actually do that.

But, I'll be surprised if even the base model rolls off any lot for less than 90-100G Cdn.

Taxes, fees, mark up, etc. I'll bet that very very few go for the 65-ish grand that's being thrown around in the media.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, although history seems to indicate I won't be. I honestly don't blame dealers for stupid mark ups. Like any other consumer, I don't like it. But I can't blame them for charging as much as people will pay for a product. It's a business and they're out there trying to make as much profit as they can. It's the goal of every business to make as much profit as they can, so when they have a hot product they charge for it until the market lets them know they are charging too much by not buying them or sales slowing so much that something is obviously wrong with their pricing.

Case in point was the ZR1 C4. It was a 30G premium over a "regular" C4 when it was released and after mark ups (and other things like "fees", taxes, etc) had most of them rolling out the door closer to 100 G. And yet: people were still buying them at that stupid price......same as the cabbage patch kid "craze" when it was on, beanie babies, the "tickle me elmo xmas rush" that one year or any other product that people seem to go stupid/rabid over.

At the end of the day, I'm not looking to by a C8 so I really don't have a horse in this race. But it will be interesting to see what people start posting up as their final price once they hit the dealer lot asphalt.....

I can see very few people who are custom ordering their 2020 C8 going for a 1LT without Z51 or any other expensive option. We've had our first two customers place their orders - both were 2LT with Z51 and a few other items. Came to around $90-$95k MSRP.

I can't speak about other dealerships, but we have it in writing that we will not charge above MSRP.

Like I mentioned in either this thread or another one, when we did get a C7 ZR-1, we didn't charge extra.

Took the words right out of my mouth... No one will order a dog bare bones C8, including dealer inventory cars (when that time comes). I haven't seen anyone in the know mention 65 k either. Everything I've read starts the car at $69,998

I priced out best I could with CDN pricing for options - can't recall exactly; but, I believe I came up with $94K or so - includes interior carbon fiber trim, front lift, engine trim pkg., 2LT PKG. - red brake calipers. Convertible probably $100K - won't need engine trim pkg..
Z51 Pkg was included in my calculation.

Yesterday, they announced American pricing for the Accessory Engine Cover. $495 USD, available in Q4 of the 2020 MY.

Cannot be ordered from factory until then. Early customers can purchase one later to be installed by the dealership.

092519_13b.jpg

Reactions: 12cents
I find it really interesting how the black wheels were replaced with Carbon Flash. Personally, I'm not a fan of gloss black wheels - satin/matte are much nicer, but no option at all expect as an LPO? Very curious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.