Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I am very curious as to what actual modifications can be made to the actual engine to enhance its visual appeal? I am not talking about another painted engine cover either. What upgrades can be done?

Others have said its not a show piece, okay how do you make it one?
2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-LT2-Engine-M1L-Transmission-004-scaled.jpg

Chrome Headers
I was looking at a thread that stated the c8 engine well was just an engine and not a work of art like for example a ferrari engine. I was merely asking what one could do to make it look and possibly function better without adding more plastic or covers to make it something it is not. My last corvette C6 2010 has zero done to it and it looked fine as it was to me. Spotlessly clean and well detailed it was fine. I guess the difference is here the engine is the showpiece being under glass and on display. Hence my question as to what one can do to make it stand out more. The truth may be nothing and if that is the case fine so be it.

• Clever
Reactions: MKinOntario
I like it just the way it is.
It says CORVETTE in block caps, and backs it up with namesake performance.
What more do you need?
Even I admit the stock engine MAY not have the appeal of some esoteric engines in vehicles that cost 5 , 10 or 20 times the Corvette.

But at the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... I got the engine appearance package and of course those 2 pieces of carbon fiber that flank the engine really dress up the engine bay.

I think that the engine cover in edge red is also pretty cool as it matches perfectly to the valve covers ... what I also did was add the chrome cross flag symbol to the engine cover over top of the bland cross flag symbol .

I was at the Pine Valley and 7 car meet last night ... there with the hatch open ... and no less than 8 or 9 people snapped pics of it

Beautifully detailed it looks great ... and thats true of many many things

Reactions: MKinOntario
Looks like an engine to me. My first American car was Impala with 327 ci engine that I dismantled and painted a few interesting colors. My mom was not happy I used the oven to "Bake". Ugliest engine I saw was Jaguar XJS with wires going everywhere and this warning:

1688276657232.png

Reactions: Vettenut
I did order on my car for 2024 the new engine appearance package ( ZZ3) not sure what actually comes with it but good to know edge red is a match.

My car will be black, black so my opportunity to add that punch just may be with all red as you have done. I also made sure the cargo / engine bay had the switchable led lights.

I did see they are offering now a new carbon cross brace for the engine now as well, but big $!
Maybe an anniversary gift to the car down the road.

Apparently 2024 will be getting more advanced blind spot technology. Things like Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert and quite possibly Automatic Emergency Braking - Like nothing could go wrong with that one :)

I read a comment recently which was quite timely - if you see new features on the E-Ray since it is a 2024 model year then chances are it will be available on the 2024.

Last edited:
I did order on my car for 2024 the new engine appearance package ( ZZ3) not sure what actually comes with it but good to know edge red is a match.

My car will be black, black so my opportunity to add that punch just may be with all red as you have done. I also made sure the cargo / engine bay had the switchable led lights.

I did see they are offering now a new carbon cross brace for the engine now as well, but big $!
Maybe an anniversary gift to the car down the road.

Apparently 2024 will be getting more advanced blind spot technology. Things like Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert and quite possibly Automatic Emergency Braking - Like nothing could go wrong with that one :)

I read a comment recently which was quite timely - if you see new features on the E-Ray since it is a 2024 model year then chances are it will be available on the 2024.
Yea as you can see the engine cover in edge red matches perfectly to the valve covers and would look awesome on a black car .

When i ordered mine the engine appearance package was I think 11 or 12 hundred bucks and for that you got the 2 pieces of carbon fiber and 2 led lights that illuminate when you open the hatch. Couple that with I think it was 670 bucks for the engine cover in edge red ( it was dealer installed and they gave me back the original grey engine cover ) and your at prob over 2 grand with tax .... worth it ? Probably not . But it does look pretty sweet.

Some guys with torch red cars take the original engine cover and paint it torch red to match the ext color .... but then it looks kinda weird to me as it doesnt match the rockers.

Its all about creativity without making it look like your trying too hard ... and of course you wanna refrain from making it look stupid.

One of my fav things is the way the engine is reflected in the glass.:cool:

Attachments

• engine bay.jpg
    engine bay.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 30
Wow that looks good, as you said clean wins! Does the engine cover have chrome letters / corvette ? I've been trying to find raised c8corvette chrome letters for that purpose and can only find - trunk lettering options. I thought chrome corvette letters and possibly chrome stingray logo.

Wow that looks good, as you said clean wins! Does the engine cover have chrome letters / corvette ? I've been trying to find raised c8corvette chrome letters for that purpose and can only find - trunk lettering options. I thought chrome corvette letters and possibly chrome stingray logo.
Yes the engine cover in edge red has the chrome lettering although its not raised ... doesnt have to be . Looks great as is .

Keep in mind the Engine appearance package and the cover in edge red are 2 separate options . Of course they are :cool:

The stingray logo that sits on the hatch is pretty big ... not sure how you would incorporate that ...

I am very curious as to what actual modifications can be made to the actual engine to enhance its visual appeal? I am not talking about another painted engine cover either. What upgrades can be done?

Others have said its not a show piece, okay how do you make it one?
View attachment 110938
I am getting a stage 2 Procharger (Paragon Performance) supercharger installed as soon as it arrives to Outrun Mfg. in Port Moody . Designed for the C8 both the coupe and HTC which my car is. I just had the Paragon Performance spacers installed to move tires out more in line with the wheel well, car lowered 3/4 inch. ( I have front lift) and new oval exhaust system installed with black tips. The car looks awesome with the wider stance and being lowered slightly.

I am getting a stage 2 Procharger (Paragon Performance) supercharger installed as soon as it arrives to Outrun Mfg. in Port Moody . Designed for the C8 both the coupe and HTC which my car is. I just had the Paragon Performance spacers installed to move tires out more in line with the wheel well, car lowered 3/4 inch. ( I have front lift) and new oval exhaust system installed with black tips. The car looks awesome with the wider stance and being lowered slightly.
I love the Supercharger. Really looking forward to your report on that!

I love the Supercharger. Really looking forward to your report on that!
The one I am having installed is the best for the C8: linear response through the range, easy to install, ECU access and tuning ( no error codes). Quite a lot of time. Reasons why ProCharger is the best power adder: • Systems up to 230+ more HP on pump gas • Capable of 900+ HP on modified applications • No engine or trans removal needed • No permanent modifications (reversible) • Complete turnkey systems • Systems ready to ship to you or your installer • Factory drivability and durability • OEM convertible functionality Procharger C8 Forced Induction Kit. These guys know what they are doing.

The one I am having installed is the best for the C8: linear response through the range, easy to install, ECU access and tuning ( no error codes). Quite a lot of time. Reasons why ProCharger is the best power adder: • Systems up to 230+ more HP on pump gas • Capable of 900+ HP on modified applications • No engine or trans removal needed • No permanent modifications (reversible) • Complete turnkey systems • Systems ready to ship to you or your installer • Factory drivability and durability • OEM convertible functionality Procharger C8 Forced Induction Kit. These guys know what they are doing.
Looking forward to pictures...

Reactions: CTRL_CV
I have been looking at that kit and also the rear filter kit to match. They do offer a reduced package if you take both. Then it was who could do the actual install? I'm good with a chainsaw and grapple but not so much with with a wrench. I was trying to size up driving stateside to the closest installer and total overall cost with install so I could budget for such. Maybe rent a car hauler? I just love the look and increased HP. I suspect it might end up being 10 grand but you'd pick up 43hp to the rear wheels ( thats a ton without any remapping, bolt and go ), and likely have something pretty unique up here in ontario... no $ this year but on the list :)

packaged linkfelter