In my 05 C6 I replaced the stereo in order to get bluetooth so I can take phone calls and listen to my play list. it also had USB ports so that I could plug things in as well.

It worked really well.

I have seen a couple of 3rd party installs in a C6 that look really nice - although not OEM for those who are particular.
For those who are not worried about OEM, a professional install can now bring not only bluetooth and a USB port option for tunes,
but also with a touch screen for maps (like via the Waze App or CarPlay). Keep us posted and add a photo with what you end up doing.
Cheers!

A few aftermarket addons to get some upgrades to the OEM stereo. There's nothing like upgrading to new equipment if you aren't concerned with originality. It makes a difference whether you have a Bose or non-Bose system. Non-Bose you can replace the head unit for Bluetooth and USB update and speaker upgrade is easy because there are no amplifiers to deal with. The doors have 8" subwoofers.
the Bose system is trickier. You can just replace the unit and get an OEM2Bose converter to connect it to the Bose amplifiers. the doors contain 10" subwoofers and all speakers are 2 ohm. Yeah, Leave it to Bose to make upgrading speakers difficult. Most people replace the amplifiers and speakers.

I've upgraded my head unit, used the OEM2BOSE and added powered sub in the back. This gives me all USB, Bluetooth and backup camera capability. I also sound deadened the doors and that really helped the quality of base from the door subwoofers.

Do some research and there's lots of time between now and spring to make all your upgrades so you're ready for spring. Good luck in what you decide to do!

Reactions: guygeo
Check out the iSimple Connect ISGM655.

It will play mp3 files off a USB drive as well Bluetooth phone, iPhone/iPod and Android Bluetooth audio streaming, iPhone/iPod control with USB, RCA and 3.5mm audio input, and will charge USB device with 2.0A. For a slick and stealthy install, I mounted the USB in the cigarette lighter so have easy access to the USB behind the ashtray door. I use the music on the USB most of the time and the quality is great. It's not as slick as some aftermarket head units, but for $200 and some time it's been worth it to me.

You could also swap out your head unit for a 2011-2013 as they have USB, though for the cost of used head units you're probably better off going aftermarket.

@BMW C6GS, Ray Kawal's page is great, the ISGM655 needs the sat radio tuner which my car didn't have, so that's where I got the info on how to add a used tuner box and hack it. This was a big deal because the tuners are VIN coded, so it only cost me $20 US and a few seconds to clip a chip leg vs. paying a dealer whatever exorbitant rate they'd want to recode the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: guygeo and RockyPM
I have a 2012 C6 and in the arm rest compartment there is a USB Port at the back end of it. I play my "stick" with 41 hours of my music all the time. Is this not a standard feature???

Reactions: 12cents
I just bought a cheap touchscreen from crutchhfield. Bluetooth so I have spotify. Phone calls aren't great but that's now why I bought it

I will get the car in spring time only, the transfer has not been completed yet as I purchased the car last October and it was already in ''hivernage'' . I am shopping for this kind of device. Will let u know for sure.
tks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.