iOS Image - 4236766697.jpg
iOS Image - 608921962.jpg

Atomic Twin disk clutch from America Powertrain, mounted and aligned (good for 1100 ft lbs)
Transmission fitted and aligned perfectly!

I will make it there this coming event in the C4!! I got a few days off over the Holidays, hope to have it back together before the new year

:thumbs: Wow. Can't wait to hear it running. Don't let Santa help you Dalen. His fingers are way too pudgy for mechanical work. Spend way too much time crawling around on the floor looking for nuts and bolts.

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
Really nice job. Way back in the day when putting a scatter shield on my Chevelle, I had the engine side and transmission side surfaces machines, checked the alignment, and it was off as well. It took quite a while to find offset dowel pins, and a lot of taking the housing off and on and adjusting the pins to get everything centered.

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
Hreat job! I saw your you tube video, how did you manage to get the ecu to talk to the LCD Dash?

I have the ECU just running the engine, I wired the existing C4 harness into it to use the relays for fuel pump, fans, etc. The dash still runs off the factory harness using all the original C4 sensors for oil temp, oil pressure, water temp. The tach is wired into the ECU of 5.3L LS using the original wire off the C4 distributor, with a resistor to boost the signal off the ECU. The speedometer runs on electric signal off the TKO 600 transmission, needed a Dakota Digital box to convert it so the C4 dash would recognize it.

I have the ECU just running the engine, I wired the existing C4 harness into it to use the relays for fuel pump, fans, etc. The dash still runs off the factory harness using all the original C4 sensors for oil temp, oil pressure, water temp. The tach is wired into the ECU of 5.3L LS using the original wire off the C4 distributor, with a resistor to boost the signal off the ECU. The speedometer runs on electric signal off the TKO 600 transmission, needed a Dakota Digital box to convert it so the C4 dash would recognize it.
Cool, "needed a Dakota Digital box to convert it so the C4 dash would recognize it " answers my next question. Awesome job, the sensor thing just make perfect sense, esp retapping the water temp and putting up a tree for oil functions. Beautiful garage by the way lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread