The road courses have their place, many don't like them but they have a following. I think there is too many 1 1/2 mile tracks. Darlington is a great track but has had trouble selling out for years. Check out Jayskis.com for a list of the tracks and new/old seating numbers, there is only one or two tracks that hasn't reduce the number of seat due to not selling out over the last few years.

on another note anyone who wanted could have walked to the gate at both Daytona and Pheonix and bought a ticket for the cup race

Last edited:
Oops. I thought this thread was about Dwayne Johnson!:rofl:

Myself, I wanted to see more road courses....but really, I don't know. I haven't caught too much of Nascar since Bill Elliot.

awesome bill from dawsonville - future hall of famer for sure. i have always thought of stock cars on road courses as more of a novelty than anything else. i just prefer the speedways and high banks - more what the cars are really designed for and where they have historically raced. for me the old tracks like darlington and rockingham just offer more excitement than a road course ever could.

i have always thought of stock cars on road courses as more of a novelty than anything else. i just prefer the speedways and high banks - more what the cars are really designed for and where they have historically raced. for me the old tracks like darlington and rockingham just offer more excitement than a road course ever could.

I don't know the NASCAR boys always put on a great show at Riverside till they closed it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.