1651282623567.png

May have been posted before but still holds true

Deep Thoughts of a Retired Man

an-elderly-man-rests-on-a-shady-balcony-

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing."
She then said, "That's what you did yesterday!"
I replied, "I WASN'T DONE , SO I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF FINISHING RIGHT NOW."
The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would
have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep
thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.
Finally I pondered an age old question: "Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?"
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts,
but how could they know?
Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to
that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I
obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth,
a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts!”

I rest my case. Time for another beer, and then maybe a nap.

I cleaned this thread up a little. The Billy Bob thread has always been about a place to post good natured humour, that humour includes of course politics, even if the humour is sometimes marginal. However when a post is simply a political talking point with no humour/thread related factor well it gets deleted. That was the case here.

As many of the long time members here are aware we do not moderate all that much but lately politics has ended up locking many threads. If moderation and the opinion of the moderators to keep things in line is unacceptable to anyone well perhaps they should consider moving on.

A first-grade teacher, Ms. Brooks, was having trouble with one of her more precocious students.

The teacher asked, 'Harry, what exactly is your problem?'
Harry answered, 'I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!'
Ms. Brooks finally had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained the situation to the principal. The principal told Ms. Brooks he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he happily agreed to take the test.

Principal:
'What is 3 x 3?'

Harry:
'9..'

Principal: 'What is
6 x 6?'

Harry:
'36.'

And so it went with every question the principal thought a bright 3rd grader should know.

The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her,

'You know, I reckon Harry can go to the 3rd grade.'
But Ms. Brooks is still skeptical of the little bugger and says to the principal, 'Not so fast, let me ask him a few questions...'

The principal and Harry both agree.

Ms. Brooks asks, 'What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?'

Harry, after a moment answers,
'Legs..'

Ms. Brooks:
'What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?’

The principal wondered why would she ask such a question!

Harry replied:
'Pockets.’ to the Principal’s great relief...

Ms. Brooks: 'What does a dog do that a man steps into?'

Harry:
'Pants.'

By now, the principal is sitting forward with his mouth hanging open...

Ms. Brooks:
'What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?'

Now the principal's eyes open really wide and before he could intervene, Harry replied,
'Bubble gum.'

Ms. Brooks:
'What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?'

Harry:
'Shake hands.'

The principal is now trembling with apprehension as Ms. Brooks asks the final question…
Ms. Brooks:
'What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' and indicates a great deal of heat and excitement?'

Harry:
'Firetruck.'

The principal breaths a huge sigh of relief and tells the teacher,

"Put the little bastard in 5th-Grade, I got the last seven questions wrong myself .."