Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
Thought I'd chance a drive on the coldest morning of the year and take a drive up to Manny's . Sure is a busy place: Put new batteries in my camera and promptly left it at home so iPhone pics will have to do.

This car was incredible
photo_1-L.jpg

photo_7-L.jpg

photo_4-L.jpg

Garage full of some beautiful projects
photo_5-L.jpg

photo_6-L.jpg

photo_3-L.jpg

photo_13-L.jpg

photo_12-L.jpg

Why was I there?

...well to have this removed
photo_8-M.jpg

and replaced with a Z06 titanium catback
photo_11-M.jpg

Do I miss the Borla Stingers?

Well yes and no. I miss the real loud bark when it fires up, and the popping in the pipes... BUT ever since the headers went on the drone was ANNOYINGx1000. A great setup for a normally stock car ......., or somebody with diminished hearing.

After a 1 hour drive home I have to say I love the new setup, sounds like a V8 when it starts up and at idle and but NO DRONE, ...LOVE IT. Also good when you are on the throttle...not that I do that.

Next spring I'll try the bypass mod and that should be the end of my exhausting adventures.

As an aside Hwy 6 always seems to have radar or accidents..today it was accidents.

I met a very nice gentleman from Montreal who was getting his Camaro looked at, was introduced but my name remembering skills are apparently at zero, needless to say it was nice to meet him. Manny was as charming as ever :) the coffee ,free breakfast, new tees and hats were much appreciated, as was the many ways I can spend my money next year .... wheels...tires c6 Z06 brakes to name a few.

Hope to be back before the year is over.

What always amazes me is for a place that's always so busy, it's always spotlessly clean. Look forward to hearing the new sound next time we meet up Wayne.

Are you selling the Borlas? Sounds like they would work okay with the stock H-pipe, even though I'd prefer the Corsa Xtreme. And I HATE ANY DRONE! I'm interested if the price is right, but since headers 'might theoretically' be a future upgrade, maybe I shouldn't be.

Cramar, I have the Borla Stingers with stock manifolds and cats. They drone....but damn they sound great! I prefer the sound to Corsa, not as high pitch.

Glad to hear you enjoy the new tunes Wayne! I've heard very good things about headers and the Ti exhaust.

That first car in the thread is absolutely stunning!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.