Featured Thread
Something else came to mind last night guys. Although I’ve attached the buffet meal to this cruise,the option to have supper from the bar is open as well.

The buffet is $32.99 without taxes/tip so when all was said and done,I paid $38.00. If anyone chooses the bar option,I’ve eaten in there before as well and it’s pretty good. I’ve had their big cheeseburger/fries 2 summers ago and I’ve had the clubhouse sandwich and no complaints.

In fact,I’m kinda tossing that idea around as my choice of eats. I’m going to go out there again this weekend and will photograph the bar menu.

Reactions: ddgermann
Something else came to mind last night guys. Although I’ve attached the buffet meal to this cruise,the option to have supper from the bar is open as well.

The buffet is $32.99 without taxes/tip so when all was said and done,I paid $38.00. If anyone chooses the bar option,I’ve eaten in there before as well and it’s pretty good. I’ve had their big cheeseburger/fries 2 summers ago and I’ve had the clubhouse sandwich and no complaints.

In fact,I’m kinda tossing that idea around as my choice of eats. I’m going to go out there again this weekend and will photograph the bar menu.
Room booked

Have had both menus, the buffet is okay if you hit it before the tour buses. Bar menu in front of the big screen if there is a sporting event on is great!
I agree on both your points. As for the buffet,that’s why the 5 pm as soon as they start serving time was bantered around. Rolling in there at 6 or after isn’t a good idea.

Myself I’m open for either. Leaning a little bit to the bar and big screen to be honest. Might be a Jays game on. Might be a NASCAR race on.

Actually there is a NASCAR race on that Saturday night. It’s the night race from Bristol. Starts at 5:30 mountain time.

I agree on both your points. As for the buffet,that’s why the 5 pm as soon as they start serving time was bantered around. Rolling in there at 6 or after isn’t a good idea.

Myself I’m open for either. Leaning a little bit to the bar and big screen to be honest. Might be a Jays game on. Might be a NASCAR race on.

Actually there is a NASCAR race on that Saturday night. It’s the night race from Bristol. Starts at 5:30 mountain time.
Don’t care either way. I will go with the flow.

Hotel manager is a friend of mine, getting us a special rate if anyone chooses to stay over.
And here he is with myself and Jim,the general manager of the resort.

638FB3DA-23EF-4C22-A951-68CD8083FCAD.jpeg

And the bar menu. I had the Denver on brown with fries.

BF159D55-A011-474D-BB88-D49026972E0E.jpeg
EE3B89C5-ECD7-4CB7-83E3-D3AB84A7D189.jpeg
776439E5-7B3F-4BA4-BAE6-1D6A3DCD5180.jpeg
38C4F16D-7077-4937-9ECF-545196F484DD.jpeg
D84CB9DC-5AEB-4FFB-88F4-E05FD6DDC256.jpeg
BB69A502-E59E-4C99-A9B4-8CF88EAFE562.jpeg
7F68DB09-515D-4BD0-B97B-2AF0F6E642C2.jpeg
B537996A-5852-4EA7-8848-8AE0734F0EAE.jpeg

I also found out from Lino and Jim the other night that we can eat the buffet food in the bar,or the bar food in the Peaks cafe room we’re getting.

That makes it a lot easier keeping most of the group together pending how many tourists/guests are there as well.

Again,the choice on where to eat is all yours. Once I get a ballpark figure on the Shag guys coming,I can ask them to configure the Peaks room for an approx amount +/- 5.

Reactions: YFCvii
I also found out from Lino and Jim the other night that we can eat the buffet food in the bar,or the bar food in the Peaks cafe room we’re getting.

That makes it a lot easier keeping most of the group together pending how many tourists/guests are there as well.

Again,the choice on where to eat is all yours. Once I get a ballpark figure on the Shag guys coming,I can ask them to configure the Peaks room for an approx amount +/- 5.
I will be at the Shag meeting and Lynn and I are definitely joining everyone on the 17th. Will be a great day

Ok everybody. Just home from our meeting and it looks like we’ll have 25 cars for the day....

Over 1/2 being Corvettes. A C3,a couple of C4s. A beautiful Spiral grey C5 coupe,a few C6s and a a few C7s. A well represented gathering of Gens.

Again,my thanks to everyone who jumped on board. A lot more than I expected so overall,I think we have a great day in store. I’ve called Jim and told him to set the Peaks Cafe room up for 40.

Just a few things to keep in mind. Highwood pass is at an elevation of 7250 feet ASL. Calgary sits at 3500 ft ASL at the airport. So I recommend if your going to wear shorts in Calgary,,,,Bring a pair of jeans or whatever your choice of long pants are. Maybe a fleece/hoodie incase we end up hanging out at the pass parking lot. An umbrella isn’t a bad idea either for sun. It can be 10/15 degrees cooler sometimes at the pass. Not saying it will be but it can be. I’ve seen snow there in July.

As well,please bring some chairs with you as we’ll be early back for supper and we’ll probably park over at the travel centre before going in to eat.

With the amount of tourists going through there,,,,it’s inevitable we’ll be attracting a crowd. Last week my car sitting alone had people taking pics and I was asked twice about the C8. What do I think about the C8? Am I getting a C8 ? Is my car for sale?

The meeting time will be between 08:30 to 09:15 at the 16th ave/Bowfort Road McDonald’s parking lot.... Departure time has been agreed upon as 09:30 sharp.

Last edited:
Ok everybody. Just home from our meeting and it looks like we’ll have 25 cars for the day....

Over 1/2 being Corvettes. A C3,a couple of C4s. A beautiful Spiral grey C5 coupe,a few C6s and a a few C7s. A well represented gathering of Gens.

Again,my thanks to everyone who jumped on board. A lot more than I expected so overall,I think we have a great day in store. I’ve called Jim and told him to set the Peaks Cafe room up for 40.

Just a few things to keep in mind. Highwood pass is at an elevation of 7250 feet ASL. Calgary sits at 3500 ft ASL at the airport. So I recommend if your going to wear shorts in Calgary,,,,Bring a pair of jeans or whatever your choice of long pants are. Maybe a fleece/hoodie incase we end up hanging out at the pass parking lot. An umbrella isn’t a bad idea either for sun. It can be 10/15 degrees cooler sometimes at the pass. Not saying it will be but it can be. I’ve seen snow there in July.

As well,please bring some chairs with you as we’ll be early back for supper and we’ll probably park over at the travel centre before going in to eat.

With the amount of tourists going through there,,,,it’s inevitable we’ll be attracting a crowd. Last week my car sitting alone had people taking pics and I was asked twice about the C8. What do I think about the C8? Am I getting a C8 ? Is my car for sale?

The meeting time will be between 08:30 to 09:15 at the 16th ave/Bowfort Road McDonald’s parking lot.... Departure time has been agreed upon as 09:30 sharp.
I will be there.

Reactions: ccltj and MikeysZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread