Canadian dealers are expected to find out Aug 2023 allocations for Stingray, Z06 and E-Ray on Aug 10 and will know constraints on Aug 17

2024 will be a short year of 9-10 months of production and there is also potential for a union strike on Sept 14.

UPDATE: Aug 10 allocations:

Brian Cullen 9 Stingrays and 1 Z06
Wilson Niblett 8 Stingrays and 1 Z06
Bill Spenser 6 Stingrays and 0 Z06

Last edited:
Got a call from my dealer and I submitted my order, wanted the high wing carbon flash but they weren't able to get it, instead they put body color high wing and now it's at 3000 and they can't change it.

Obviously don't want to pay for something I never asked for... what do I do here?
Not much you can do. You can always sell your wing and buy the one you want at a decent price though a place like buykippscottgmparts.ca

Reactions: NickRapidC8
Is Chevy that rigid? It's not like they're going to install the part at the factory?
Yes, they are. They are selling the car to the dealer and not you. The dealer promises to sell it to you.
The dealer can not change an order once it's been accepted. If they want the allocation it has to be with what's available at that time. Otherwise they lose their allocation.
So, you can refuse delivery and wait another year or 2 and they can then sell it for over MSRP.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Might as well just take the red one and get it painted after the fact... would be cheaper I feel like than flipping the high wing.
Hey you may even like it the way it comes. At least you have choices AND got a car!

Mandatory 3k ceramic coating... a bit sketch lol. I asked if I could shop around for the coating and they said no.
You'd better tell them it needs to have PPF first! 3K is steep for ceramic. Almost twice of what it should be.

You'd better tell them it needs to have PPF first! 3K is steep for ceramic. Almost twice of what it should be.

Yeah, I asked them if they can at least coat my aftermarket rims and brake calipers and he was like, ehhh, maybe... and I was like, for 3k you better ceramic coat me too

Yeah, I asked them if they can at least coat my aftermarket rims and brake calipers and he was like, ehhh, maybe... and I was like, for 3k you better ceramic coat me too
I got thew whole car, including the wheels, for $1600. AND it was 9H! 9H is the best ceramic which can last 12 years if I recall correctly.

Got a call from my dealer and I submitted my order, wanted the high wing carbon flash but they weren't able to get it, instead they put body color high wing and now it's at 3000 and they can't change it.

Obviously don't want to pay for something I never asked for... what do I do here?
your order went in July 2023. Do not make any changes and accept the car as it was spec’s. You waited 2 years and 4 months, don’t risk it

• Wow
Amit916 and I are friends we have been talking back and forth the last two days after his allocation came up the excitement is real for both of us even though I'm still waiting. I agree with everyone just take it how it is since the wait has been so long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.