The big factor will be how many Canadians not only do not buy a Corvette, but ANY GM product in the future, in reaction to how GM has decided to treat Canadians, in contrast to the US buyers. Yes Canadians have a reputation for being more tolerant than others, however in my experience, if a Canadian thinks he/she is being treated ++ unfairly, the reaction is predictably harsh and unforgiving, especially here where we're being asked to fork out a ton of extra money and that extra money attracts extra taxes, including the despised Federal luxury tax. I see this as a "fool me once; shame on you" (ie. drastically cutting Canadian C8 allocations in the recent past), to a "fool me twice, shame on me" (ie. incredibly high price increase) situation, purposely orchestrated by GM with no care about consequences. A good day for Ford and Chrysler and other automotive manufacturers IMO.

Reactions: AtomZ
GM is fed up of the exporters buying cars up here and sending them south of the border. They are also trying to stop the flippers, and as I said on my other thread about why such a high increase, it's not just Corvette. I also heard today when checking with another one of my contacts that Camaro had a $6500 price increase as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTJF and DenisC8
My car took 9 weeks from the day the order went in with no constraints. The big thing now is September 14th and how long the stoppage will be?

The last 2 strikes were 40 days. GM has also now announced that E-Ray production is scheduled to begin on Oct 24. Coincidence that it is approx 40 days after the 14th?

But this time they are targeting the big 3 at the same time. That means union strike pay will be divided by 3. That places more hardship on the rank and file.
Union has $125,000,000.00 in strike pay reserves enough for every UAW union member for up to 11 weeks. Each UAW worker would get $500.00 per week in strike pay.

Stellantis will be hoping for a strike just to get their inventory situation under control. GM and Ford arent much better. My local dealers are loaded with full size trucks at the moment. A strike would give them the opportunity to get rid of some units without rebates and not have to pay employees at the same time.

Union has $125,000,000.00 in strike pay reserves enough for every UAW union member for up to 11 weeks. Each UAW worker would get $500.00 per week in strike pay.
Are you taking into account that those funds are invested? It's not cash

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.