Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian dealers are expected to find out June 2023 allocations for Stingray on June 8 and will know constraints on June 15

Z06 allocations are expected on June 22

June allocations are the last allocations for 2023 production year.

UPDATE: I am hearing that the top dealers got half of what they expected

From 2nd hand sources: Cullen 5, Niblett 5, Spencer 3

Last edited:
I'm actually happy mine was one of the last 2023's made. I hear 2024 is getting the dreaded start/stop feature that drives me nuts in my wifes car.
Isn't that usually defeatable by some sort of switch? I drove a loaner 2020 Wrangler recently, and it had a stop/start kill switch.
The 2024 is also supposed to be getting a transparent engine cover for the HTC, as well as a "soft close frunk".
Did some searches, and can't find any reference to the "stop/start" thing.
I didn't like it either, like the V4/V8 fuel management thing. Don't like, either.

Last edited:
GM is aware that many Corvette owners don't like the "start/stop" fuel economy engine feature, so I can't imagine GM won't put in a "kill switch" IF they put this feature in, which as you say, most vehicles have anyway. My 2016 Mercedes and 2018 Volkswagen each have that kill switch.
The only problem is that you have to switch off that feature every time you start the car. Unless GM has a first, no manufacturer has a permanent off switch as far as I know.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
The only problem is that you have to switch off that feature every time you start the car. Unless GM has a first, no manufacturer has a permanent off switch as far as I know.
Like Jack said, after a while and multiple annoyances, it will become reflexive to disable it.
Traction control and ABS should be "turn offable".

I am hearing that the top dealers got half of what they expected
Denis, the plant is closed for the first 10 days of July so that is going to push some of last months allocations into late July or early August.
This months allocations will have less time to be built in August before the end of production cycle for the 2023's on Sept 1st.
They just don't have enough production time to build another large allocation number like last month.

Reactions: KTJF and DenisC8
GM is aware that many Corvette owners don't like the "start/stop" fuel economy engine feature, so I can't imagine GM won't put in a "kill switch" IF they put this feature in, which as you say, most vehicles have anyway. My 2016 Mercedes and 2018 Volkswagen each have that kill switch.
No mention of stop/start to date, in the GM Authority daily email.
They do expect to be added, emergency forward braking, and proximity alert (but no adaptive cruise control) warning, and a lane position maintainer (they said you'll get a steering "nudge" if you're wandering) assist.
Some of these will improve your chances of making it home, without the DUI.

No mention of stop/start to date, in the GM Authority daily email.
They do expect to be added, emergency forward braking, and proximity alert (but no adaptive cruise control) warning, and a lane position maintainer (they said you'll get a steering "nudge" if you're wandering) assist.
"GM authority" has no relation to GM and are authority on nothing as they post made up info just to get clicks

"GM authority" has no relation to GM and are authority on nothing as they post made up info just to get clicks
I just read the C8 Corvette stuff, out of curiosity, much like on here.
Yes, it's the internet, and everything on it should be "grain of salt" treated.

Reactions: 12cents

Sometimes "GM Authority" provides accurate info, however that's not always the case and I agree you can't rely upon what they say. It's ++++ unfortunate they have the name "GM Authority" since I suspect that many people who don't know better, take their name to mean they're part of GM, sponsored by GM, or otherwise connected to and getting up-to-date info from GM, so some will think whatever they read on their announcements, is 100% accurate. I'm surprised that GM hasn't pressured them to change their name, but I say that w/o knowing what they did to get that name and if they somehow have exclusive rights to it...

Sometimes "GM Authority" provides accurate info, however that's not always the case and I agree you can't rely upon what they say. It's ++++ unfortunate they have the name "GM Authority" since I suspect that many people who don't know better, take their name to mean they're part of GM, sponsored by GM, or otherwise connected to and getting up-to-date info from GM, so some will think whatever they read on their announcements, is 100% accurate. I'm surprised that GM hasn't pressured them to change their name, but I say that w/o knowing what they did to get that name and if they somehow have exclusive rights to it...
They have a disclaimer on the home page of their website that caveats their publication, as unaffiliated.
"We also invite you to join other enthusiasts and fans in discussing The General in our GM Forums. Please note that GM Authority is a product of Motrolix LLC and is not sponsored, owned, or in any other way condoned by General Motors Company, its brands, subsidiaries, or partners."
I usually take that sort of thing to mean they're more of an internet rag mag, like the National Enquirer, or Star, or Globe, but sometimes they might get it right, more like TMZ.
To me, it's just more internet "info", right or wrong, good or bad, for entertainment purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.