You sure it was latched down this time? :angelic:
F you! I checked when I thought of it though! ;) lol I actually did even though it's mid winter and the roof hasn't been off in 4 months or so.

do you have any rubber seal restorer? likely just a portion of the seal might not be joining from the temps?
I know I am reaching but that is the first thing I would do - ..

Attachments

• rubber-seal.PNG
    rubber-seal.PNG
    89.1 KB · Views: 10
AC Delco dielectric grease for your seals. Any GM store should have it.

Yup. Typical Corvette disquality in every one I have been in Or owned. You just don’t hear the passenger side due to being further away. Dealer will just mess with it.

AC Delco dielectric grease for your seals. Any GM store should have it.
DO NOT DO THIS !!
Very wrong stuff. Never. For too many reasons to list here. Ditto for the next pick, vaseline.

GM has rubber trim emulsion you rub on specifically designed for rubber seals and weatherstripping. At your parts dealer. Cheap!

Reactions: Dik and Murray20c8
DO NOT DO THIS !!
Very wrong stuff. Never. For too many reasons to list here. Ditto for the next pick, vaseline.

GM has rubber trim emulsion you rub on specifically designed for rubber seals and weatherstripping. At your parts dealer. Cheap!
You mean this stuff:
GM Lubricant

Overpriced at Amazon, best to get it from the dealer.

It could be a simple window adjustment. The window might not be going all the way up to its stop point. Or it's not going up straight. Question is do you trust the dealership or a body shop to do the adjustment?

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
It could be a simple window adjustment. The window might not be going all the way up to its stop point. Or it's not going up straight. Question is do you trust the dealership or a body shop to do the adjustment?
Exactly. I usually hate going to the dealer for anything. Also, I thought about it and I realized it might be my new top. Perhaps I don't have the catches aligned correctly.

Reactions: kerry4
Mine is well under a year old, and I was unimpressed with the wind noise from new. My other cars (Dodge/Chrysler) are notably quieter at equivalent speeds.
My Malibu is also quiet. I'm sure it's the top that causes the lack of seal as it was the same, to a lesser degree, with my 2 Camaro's with t-tops.

My Malibu is also quiet. I'm sure it's the top that causes the lack of seal as it was the same, to a lesser degree, with my 2 Camaro's with t-tops.
Corvettes, like any sports car are designed to cut the air efficiently and deflect it along the streamlined body instead of just pushing it out of the way. This results in the air moving closely along the body of the car. This is great for aerodynamics but if there is any misalignment of doors or tops or pinched, hardened or not quite positioned right seals, that air rushing along the body lines is going to create turbulence and thus more noise. Try going along your roof or door with a $20 bill. Close the top or door on it and then try pulling it out. Do this all along where you think the noise is coming from. You might locate an area not sealing as well this way. Since you likely don't know what a $20 bill is Murray, a $100 bill will work too... ;)

Since you likely don't know what a $20 bill is Murray, a $100 bill will work too... ;)
It's the opposite I'm afraid. though I do have a dusty $20 bill in my wallet. I haven't used any cash in years.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
You mean this stuff:
GM Lubricant

Overpriced at Amazon, best to get it from the dealer.
No, not that.LOL. Wrong stuff again. I would not get that anywhere close to my weatherstripping. Ignore what some guy on Amazon claims.

The dealer sells specific weatherstrip lubricant. Plastic bottle with a brush in it. It was like $7 last time I bought it at the dealer.

Reactions: Dik
Can't believe you actually posted that for all to see. I would have just said that you got it fixed. Can't laugh too much though as it's sounds like something I could have done too... lol...
I always maintain that I'm not perfect. Just closer to it than most! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.