Sep 30, 2021
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
21 Vette Z51
Province
ON
Hey beautiful people

Anyone had this issue ..... ( coupes only )

My roof top doesnt sit properly Iv had the car for almost 2 years and just noticed it now DUUUUUU

I detailed the car last Friday and removed the top to facilitate cleaning I never drive with the top off

Brought the car to Humberview today to let them have a look and the service advisor made an appt for me for next Tuesday

Does anyone know if there are adjustments that can be made ? As you can see from one of the pics one side of the top sits higher than the other

Thanks

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 80
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 40
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 53
I believe so, but I can't remember exactly how. The pins have some adjustment as I recall, but I could be misremembering.
Sorry, I'm wrong. I just went and looked at my old roof and the (rear) pins are not adjustable. It doesn't look like the front ones are either. Maybe the holes are.

Maybe the weather stripping isn't seated properly, but I'd think you would have seen and corrected that already?

Reactions: Vettenut
The holes in the body are huge ie about 1.5 inches diameter. However the rubber grommets are just placed in there and with a few removals etc they can become curled over and restricting the pins. I actually had both come off and lost one.

And Murray I would happily pay your price
You don't want the hassle. The liner is glued down and very hard to remove, the two side pieces don't come off easily without breaking stuff, so if they do have to replace it there will be other parts required.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Vettenut
You don't want the hassle. The liner is glued down and very hard to remove, the two side pieces don't come off easily without breaking stuff, so if they do have to replace it there will be other parts required.
Now your scaring me

I guess ill see what they have to say

but I will not accept a run around from the dealer they HAVE to fix this and yea I expect my car back perfect

Reactions: MKinOntario
Now your scaring me

I guess ill see what they have to say

but I will not accept a run around from the dealer they HAVE to fix this and yea I expect my car back perfect
That's why we have a warranty. Please let us know if it is alignable. We sure hope it is.

First thing ... How are the beautiful vette owners ???

Ok .... So just got the car back from Humberview ..... I must say they did a great job ! I was really surprised ... I was expecting " oh we cant fix it or its too invasive "

something like that ..... but no have a look at the before and after pics

The tech was a young guy named Daniel.... absolute gentleman .... he explained how the body holes that except the pins are very well indeed adjustable .

Job done and im happy with the result

So if any of you fine ladies or gentlemen have a top that doesn't sit quite right bring it in they will be able to make those adjustments.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Top 1.jpg
    Top 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
First thing ... How are the beautiful vette owners ???

Ok .... So just got the car back from Humberview ..... I must say they did a great job ! I was really surprised ... I was expecting " oh we cant fix it or its too invasive "

something like that ..... but no have a look at the before and after pics

The tech was a young guy named Daniel.... absolute gentleman .... he explained how the body holes that except the pins are very well indeed adjustable .

Job done and im happy with the result

So if any of you fine ladies or gentlemen have a top that doesn't sit quite right bring it in they will be able to make those adjustments.
Thanks for sharing as it is very good to know when I get my Coupe delivered.

Nice to see some good service and workmanship. People are quick to share horror stories but not always success stories. 👍

You know ..... You live and you learn....

The way the awesome tech explained it to me is as follows ......

There is interior trim around the anchor that accept the pins .... if you gently pry that down ( the trim is just clipped in ) it exposes the anchor there are 2 10mm bolts, 1 on either side of the anchor that hold it..... if you loosen them you can adjust that anchor point any which way you want . if your out of warranty then its easy to do but if your still under warranty then bring it in .

I have a few beefs with humberview sales department but the service department is pretty dam good .

And the techs actually care !

Thanks for reading !!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.