This I might have waited for. Front engine C8.

7C40B555-5561-4ED6-958E-64D308C82F17.jpeg

Option 1 - a C8 is a better choice. Having own a C7 before, a Z06 can't put power down as well and will skid and slide on corner exit. Also you have to deal with the dated styling and interior design. With a C8 you always have an option of adding more power later if required.

I guess it all depends on how you are going to use your car. . Personally I have intentionally control drifted my C7 during aggressive spirited cornering but find that the drift is predictable and steering recovery is also forgiving if you know your car. On the other hand, if you shut the nannies off and punch either the 460 hp or especially the 650 hp coming out of a corner, you can get yourself into trouble in a hurry. The C8 with the mid engine placement and the majority of weight over the rear wheels will be more stable in those situations, but any car will make you dirty your underwear if you don't both learn the car's capabilities and drive accordingly. Anyone that wants to drive that aggressively would greatly benefit in finding a deserted parking lot (preferably with permission) and learn your car's capabilities and limitations. Spending the $1000.00 for the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain education is also a great place to learn the above. JMHO

Gilles, #1 is still a good choice but you will be waiting. Please remember all the votes for number 2 are from C7 owners. You need to remember what originally got your attention in regards to the C8. You don't want regrets when someone passes you in C8. Just my thoughts.

Not much chance your C8 will pass my C7...but thanks for the laugh

Option 1 - a C8 is a better choice. Having own a C7 before, a Z06 can't put power down as well and will skid and slide on corner exit. Also you have to deal with the dated styling and interior design. With a C8 you always have an option of adding more power later if required.

That is ridiculous. "Can't put power down" Interestingly every serious reviewer says otherwise and mine certainly can. Pulled over 1.2 Gs in corners at Spring Mountain... good enough for me.

... The C8 with the mid engine placement and the majority of weight over the rear wheels will be more stable in those situations...

A mid-engine car is more liable to have a snap-oversteer situation than an FR set-up car with 50:50 weight distribution. It's also more difficult to correct once the rear end loses grip. This is why the C8 comes from the factory with a setup that is heavily set towards understeering.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Love first world problems....
Hi, new guy to here today. I had the same dilemma. Sold my C4S and wanted a replacement. Always been a P-car guy. However, coach some HPDE and had the pleasure of coaching a couple guys and gals in C7's, Z51, GS, Z06. I was thoroughly impressed with the performance right out of the box. You can not buy a better performance car for the money CDN or US! I bought a GS manual lt2, aero 2 comp seats. I could not be happier! I looked at ordering a C8. I have friends that work for teams racing IMSA. Heard the hype. But i wanted a manual. And so did my wife! The only reason I did not get the Z06 was because she'll be driving the car and has a heavy foot! I didn't want her to "run out of talent" in the Z06. GS a safer bet.

Anyway, Z06 is a fabulous platform. Sounds nicely dressed. And,,,,It a manual!!!

That would be my choice.

Get the C8 later...

Chio!

z

A mid-engine car is more liable to have a snap-oversteer situation than an FR set-up car with 50:50 weight distribution. It's also more difficult to correct once the rear end loses grip. This is why the C8 comes from the factory with a setup that is heavily set towards understeering.

Compensating drift, skid, whatever for an understeer mid engine car, especially with a 40/60 weight distribution is totally different for the driver who is use to correcting a front engine skid with no understeer. My advice, if you are going to drive that aggressively, would be go somewhere on a sandy surface with lots of room and learn your C8. Or as mentioned before, go to Spring Mountain....jmo

Attachments

• 1585527788028.png
    1585527788028.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 10
Eric give me your best salesman pitch $80 000 to spend, you drive a C6 and have been in a lot of C7's where would you spend your money as they are of same value?

Eric give me your best salesman pitch $80 000 to spend, you drive a C6 and have been in a lot of C7's where would you spend your money as they are of same value?

Between a C6 and C7? No question: The C7 is a much, much nicer car to be in and to drive. Every aspect is much more refined, especially the interior.

But a C7 and a C8? Apples to Oranges. I honestly couldn't say.

Option #1 -2020 C8 1LT Sebring Orange Z51 package MSRP of $81000 at Status 3000 who knows when I will receive it
or
Option #2- Brand New 2019 C7 Z06 Sebring Orange MANUAL List $98000 for $82000 available today drive tomorrow

I'm having a serious dilemma between the 2
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Option #1 -2020 C8 1LT Sebring Orange Z51 package MSRP of $81000 at Status 3000 who knows when I will receive it
or
Option #2- Brand New 2019 C7 Z06 Sebring Orange MANUAL List $98000 for $82000 available today drive tomorrow

I'm having a serious dilemma between the 2
I would do option#2 no question and here is why. The 2019 C7 is the best C7 because GM had a number of years to correct all the weak areas that showed up in each new model. Purchasing the first year of a new model is not a good idea (particularly with GM) as there will be many areas that will need improving just like the C7 had. If you purchase the 2019 you are good to go with the best C7 ever made and when you spend good money you want satisfaction and happy motoring and the 2019 will give you all that and give it to you now.

Between a C6 and C7? No question: The C7 is a much, much nicer car to be in and to drive. Every aspect is much more refined, especially the interior.

But a C7 and a C8? Apples to Oranges. I honestly couldn't say.

Like the C8, the C7 was also a totally redesigned Corvette. Nothing carried over from the C6 excepting the roof release lever and the cabin air filter...This is an excerpt from Scott Kolecki of Corvsports.com updated Jan/ 5, 2020......

"The seventh-generation Stingray provides the perfect combination of performance, handling, reliability and refinement – it’s the culmination of every Corvette that came before it."

Go for the C7 now, have fun and enjoy this car now....your C8 will not be in your driveway till next year. They have to get past this Covid crisis, realign production from making respirators and such back to automobiles, and we are a long way away from ending this pandemic anyways. No one is building Corvettes at least for the next 10 months. At least you can get one for a good price, (dealers are hungry now for business)and sell it in a couple of years for good money and get a new C8, that may actually come in a whole bunch of new colors with newer available features that may not have been released as of now.

Reactions: Gilles27 and tyho
For me, it's easy. I have never been a fan of any corvette until the c8, so even in this crisis i will wait for the c8 or i will buy something else. As far as growing pains, sure they will have some, but you can get a crappy one in any year. The 2020 is important to me as it is a monumental year in my life and I am actually only interested in a 2020, otherwise it will lose the significance. Weird i know but that's how i am.

A couple of reasons I would go with #2 but the MAIN reason is I would NEVER buy a first year car no matter what the hype!
Agreed...at the best of times there are always some first year issues (my C3 and C5 series were prime examples...I luckily bought later years in both cases). I think with a totally new mid engined platform and especially the complex DCT, it wouldn't surprise me if there are more significant first year issues than usual with the C8. Depends on your risk tolerance...I'm not a gambler at heart, nor can I afford to be.

Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.