There's going to be a lot of C8 orders that won't be filled this year ( jmo) and a lot of guys who had their hearts set on a hot sports car will be buying a C7 cause life is short and who knows what will happen to the country..1100 plus new Covid cases in Canada today (so far), compared to 665 yesterday and 500+ the day before and the curve is now pretty much a vertical straight line. I traded my C6 in 2015 because a little light bulb came on for a couple reasons and I realized life is too damn short to wait... Never looked back...A couple more months and the C7's on the lot (especially the Z06 M7) will be few and far between... And every one of those C7 buyers today will have a smile on their faces that will light up the darkest night with zero regret.... Like others have said, the C7 will hold value because of the fact it's the best Vette ever built, with the manual tranny as a big bonus, and maybe when the world recovers in 2 or 4 or 6 years, you have a choice for another Vette at such time... JMHO.... :angelic:

There's going to be a lot of C8 orders that won't be filled this year ( jmo) and a lot of guys who had their hearts set on a hot sports car will be buying a C7 cause life is short and who knows what will happen to the country..1100 plus new Covid cases in Canada today (so far), compared to 665 yesterday and 500+ the day before and the curve is now pretty much a vertical straight line. I traded my C6 in 2015 because a little light bulb came on for a couple reasons and I realized life is too damn short to wait... Never looked back...A couple more months and the C7's on the lot (especially the Z06 M7) will be few and far between... And every one of those C7 buyers today will have a smile on their faces that will light up the darkest night with zero regret.... Like others have said, the C7 will hold value because of the fact it's the best Vette ever built, with the manual tranny as a big bonus, and maybe when the world recovers in 2 or 4 or 6 years, you have a choice for another Vette at such time... JMHO.... :angelic:
Preach it, Brother!

• Haha
Reactions: ccltj
Option #1 -2020 C8 1LT Sebring Orange Z51 package MSRP of $81000 at Status 3000 who knows when I will receive it
or
Option #2- Brand New 2019 C7 Z06 Sebring Orange MANUAL List $98000 for $82000 available today drive tomorrow

I'm having a serious dilemma between the 2
I committed to a new C7 because I didn't want to see both great deals evaporate before my eyes. The respectable MSRP on a 2020 C8 (but...poof!) or the outstanding deals on the outgoing, but still awesome, 2019 C7. Can't wait to drive mine, beginning to think the C8 may become a distant infatuation. A manual C7 and a C8 are not easy to compare from a purely driving perspective. That's what I decided...for what it's worth. And is there really a bad choice here??

V-IV

I committed to a new C7 because I didn't want to see both great deals evaporate before my eyes. The respectable MSRP on a 2020 C8 (but...poof!) or the outstanding deals on the outgoing, but still awesome, 2019 C7. Can't wait to drive mine, beginning to think the C8 may become a distant infatuation. A manual C7 and a C8 are not easy to compare from a purely driving perspective. That's what I decided...for what it's worth. And is there really a bad choice here??

V-IV
No such thing as a bad choice given these options. To each their own. Makes for great friendly discussion though... :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: BDK and Vortex-IV
Crazy fun 105 Replies so far, thanks for all your advice wish I could have figured out how to make this a legit poll oh well maybe next time ask Rruuff, well this decision is getting to be a bit easier my TPW just went from May to August 10th and the dealer is desperate to sell he has (3) Z06. I have never ordered a new Corvette but I can tell you this system/dealer allocation/TPW/Shipping schedules is for the birds!

Reactions: ddgermann
Crazy fun 105 Replies so far, thanks for all your advice wish I could have figured out how to make this a legit poll oh well maybe next time ask Rruuff, well this decision is getting to be a bit easier my TPW just went from May to August 10th and the dealer is desperate to sell he has (3) Z06. I have never ordered a new Corvette but I can tell you this system/dealer allocation/TPW/Shipping schedules is for the birds!

Yup... Polls are easy..little bit of tactile mouse clicking and you can do it too.... not so much after the fact though...lol....

Go grab the Z06, enjoy it and trade in on the C8 at a later date.

Even with the change in TPWs its unrealistic to think that this virus will go away soon. China first reported in December and took radical action whereas Canada has been reactive and cases are increasing at an alarming rate. Its going to be months for us and I shudder to think at how awful the U.S. is going to be (already is) and it will take many more months for the U.S. to recover. Production at GM will languish until the healthcare system has enough equipment...

Reactions: Gilles27
The way you guys are talking, I don't know why Chevy would even came up with the idea to introduce something new called the C8!

Brother Rruuff, your preaching is far more refined and eloquent than mine was, but the message is the same. Do it now! We live in uncertain times. Life is Short.

Brother Gilles - Get thee to the dealer and make the donation to happiness that will deliver you from doubt and may you rest forever in the house of smiling Vette owners.

Brother Vanguard! Ye preach thine word of the holy Vette as well as thy Brother Rruuff. Brother Gilles...obtain ye blessed C7 as soon as ye shall can, and when ye cross the great divide of asphalt at thy dealership a year or two in thine future, there be a glorious C8 awaiting your holy toochas at the far end of the lot! Just bring along a few shekels!

The way you guys are talking, I don't know why Chevy would even came up with the idea to introduce something new called the C8!

Have you driven your C8 yet? Did you enjoy your C7 Z06?

This isn't about what car is better as I expect the C8 to be amazing to experience and drive as was the C7 Z06 is when compared to the C6 Z06. (I actually owed and drove them both)

This about getting a great deal on a new car and enjoying it now rather than waiting for an undetermined time for the C8. A decision between cash and enjoying life. He could buy a C4-C7 and have a similar level of enjoyment of pure Corvette driving but chose the 19 C7Z which is a great choice for resale value, creature comforts, and performance.

Easy decision for me.

Go grab the Z06, enjoy it and trade in on the C8 at a later date.
Thats exactly what I did.... except for getting a GS. Wanted a vette for 25 years.... was determined that I'd get the C8 once I learned it was on the way. Lots of thought and concern for being on the bleeding edge of a new design, I figured that I'd opt for C7, get a C8 at a later date. I haven't owned the C7 for more than 6 months but already have no regrets.

Either way, you'll be smiling from ear to ear.
🍾 :meme::ohoh:

Brother Rruuff, your preaching is far more refined and eloquent than mine was, but the message is the same. Do it now! We live in uncertain times. Life is Short.

Brother Gilles - Get thee to the dealer and make the donation to happiness that will deliver you from doubt and may you rest forever in the house of smiling Vette owners.
Wow.... refined and eloquent are definitely not words I'm use to hearing... Where's my dictionary....lol....Would show this to Brenda but she wouldn't believe it anyway.... :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.