Option #1 -2020 C8 1LT Sebring Orange Z51 package MSRP of $81000 at Status 3000 who knows when I will receive it
or
Option #2- Brand New 2019 C7 Z06 Sebring Orange MANUAL List $98000 for $82000 available today drive tomorrow

I'm having a serious dilemma between the 2

Last edited:
Tough choice. I would definitely take the M7 Z06 but that is not being very objective. It depends on your position on fun vs satisfaction. Definitely you will enjoy the C7 and later you will likely go for the C8 Z06 anyway. It's what the few $1000 difference later is worth to you.

Damn good dilemma...

Tough decision there. If I was in that position and hadn't had ordered the C8 I might have gone with the 19. Back when I ordered the car there wasn't the GM strike, 2 weeks Christmas shut down, back orders on 2019's to be filled before they could retool the the C8, then the retooling and now the Covid crisis.What else could possibly go wrong???? Having said that I bet if you walked in with cash on the 19 you could bring the price down even more. Dealerships are hurting badly right now. They aren't making cars and they aren't selling them. Money talks. Let us know how you make out. Oh and where can I go a look at the Z06? LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
I think you can get that Z06 even cheaper right now...heck you're looking at and end of summer delivery for the C8 should the factory re-open in April and looking at the news there's no way. My bet is the factory will re-open June/July meaning your car will be a fall delivery at best.

With Trump enacting the War Defense Production Act GM will be making respirators for at least 2-3 months as we haven't even seen the climax of America's infection rate yet.

Reactions: Gilles27 and Kanuck
Under the current COVID situation delivery of the C8 may happen in the Fall. You probably wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it until next Season if storing during the Winter.
If you want fun now then the Z06 is there now, with Sales at an all time slow you may be able to negotiate an even better deal on an awesome Car.

If you are patient, maybe do a deposit on a 2021 and keep reading CCF to tide you over :) .

...or you could be like the rich guy who announced this week he could buy the whole showroom floor and buy both:p
That was me. LOL. Hope I didn't come off as a braggart. My point was this salesman treated me like someone who couldn't afford a car let alone a Vette. Like I said, never judge a book by its cover.

Hi , the same thing happen to me , go in the C7 Z06 post under( i am lost ) , believe me i have make the right choice the 2019 Z06 are the last and the value will be there to in couple of years , i am glad to take my deposit back for the C8 and not waiting for it to , the C7 is much better looking to , enjoy now dont stupid waiting for it , take time and wait a coulple of years they have so much work to do on C8 , not now not before 2 or 3 more years if you decide to change go for it , believed me till today i do not want to change for the C8 it does not impressed me and the looking is not so good . i will wait for the Z06 C8 and see , for now they are only basic and if you say i need and i want one wait , in 2 or 3 years you will get a 2020 for 30K .

Mine is a : 2019 C7 Z06 3LZ 7M

Option 2
C7 Z06 2019 in a couple of years will be money gain
C8 money lost

Last edited:
Option 2. You could drive and enjoy the car now. You don't know when you will get the C8. The C7 is proven and you can negotiate a good price. Once the C8 is out and available, you can test it, sit in it, drive it and then decide if you really like the car. You can trade in the C7 for the C8 at that time.. Ohhhh .. first world problems. :Cheers2:

Option #1 -2020 C8 1LT Sebring Orange Z51 package MSRP of $81000 at Status 3000 who knows when I will receive it
or
Option #2- Brand New 2019 C7 Z06 Sebring Orange MANUAL List $98000 for $82000 available today drive tomorrow

I'm having a serious dilemma between the 2

Option 2. No question if just for the M7 alone... Not sure of your Corvette history but you will not second guess that decision in my opinion. The C7 will someday be touted as the best Corvette ever built, will become a classic sooner rather than later, and it's the last of the manual tranny. Combined with the multitude of improvements in quality, performance and handling from previous years (including my C6), is it obvious I love mine?.... lol....

That was me. LOL. Hope I didn't come off as a braggart. My point was this salesman treated me like someone who couldn't afford a car let alone a Vette. Like I said, never judge a book by its cover.
Well, ya kinda did. I refrained from posting "My name is Elmer J Fudd. Millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht". But I didn't:angelic:...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.