A friend dropped his C8 order and then bought this C7Z, put the ZR1 front clip on and it's gorgeous. So, personally, I would take option 2 as I personally want a manual, but really, your choice is win-win. It's like asking, who do you want to date, Kate Beckinsale or Jessica Biel?
Steve Vette 3.jpg

Agreed...at the best of times there are always some first year issues (my C3 and C5 series were prime examples...I luckily bought later years in both cases). I think with a totally new mid engined platform and especially the complex DCT, it wouldn't surprise me if there are more significant first year issues than usual with the C8. Depends on your risk tolerance...I'm not a gambler at heart, nor can I afford to be.

I ordered the first year C7 and the first year Shelby GT350 and never had any major issues with them. If there is an issue, I get fixed under warranty. They continually improve these cars every year, so there's no point in waiting for the 'perfect' version.

Reactions: Gilles27 and jaycee
Sure sparked a lot of replies, I'll say that!
I'm not a Corvette fan so I'm buying (waiting impatiently for) a new Corvette! ;)
Really is Apples to Oranges.
It's all the C7 forum guys that are voting #2. Who has actually driven a C8? Not many.

Option #1 for me. Owned 2x ‘19, the last being a Manuel Z06.
Get bored, Easy!!!
If a C8 drives by me, I’ll be pissed I passed...on the Latest Vette!
Good luck. Not a bad thing to be unsure of!
Gilles, #1 is still a good choice but you will be waiting. Please remember all the votes for number 2 are from C7 owners. You need to remember what originally got your attention in regards to the C8. You don't want regrets when someone passes you in C8. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Gilles27
If it's all the C7 guys who are voting for option 2, why are there votes for #2 from people that don't have or have never driven a C7? Most votes for the C8 are based on looks and/or performance info. that has been read, not real life experience. I can't say if the C8 is the better option since I have never even sat in one, thus kind of difficult to vote for #1. I think the thread is not about which car is better, but about how to spend the money in the most feasible way. Just MO.

It's all the C7 forum guys that are voting #2. Who has actually driven a C8? Not many.

Good point. It's actually the CCF guys who have driven C7's and many, lots of previous generations as well. Who HAS actually driven a C8... Very few. The rest of these members are offering advice based on years of actual experience. Owning, driving and loving their C7's. That's the only reason almost none of us ordered a C8... I'm guessing of the very few that vote Option 1, none of you have driven a C8... Most likely haven't even sat in one.... At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think as It's your call to make @Gilles27. Follow what your head tells you.

Edit.... Lol.... @tyho .... you beat me to it....

With this damn virus - you don't know when the C8 will be built or delivered. There is a strong risk it will be delayed into 2021.

GET THE C7 Z06 now! Hear me? NOW! Life is short - enjoy it now.

Drive it like crazy all spring and summer - it is not irresponsible to drive during a lockdown - just no pit stops.

In late 2021 trade it in on the C8.

Last edited:
A friend dropped his C8 order and then bought this C7Z, put the ZR1 front clip on and it's gorgeous. So, personally, I would take option 2 as I personally want a manual, but really, your choice is win-win. It's like asking, who do you want to date, Kate Beckinsale or Jessica Biel?View attachment 38014
Steve Vette 3.jpg
I thought about the idea of a ZR1 nose for a Z06 ... I see I am not the only one. I do like it.
I also knew I would be opening a can of worms with paint matching my Long Beach Red
as I went through the process already that there may likely be "color strangeness"
if parts were not sprayed the same way ....
I also know this from @rockitman when he sprayed 1/18th diecasts.
I love the idea of the ZR1 nose but, sorry to admit,
this angle/reflection in paint match here would drive my OCD insane.
If not the paint and perhaps a film of paint protection doing this, then I'd have to do the whole car.
I'd have to put the nose emblem back on as well because - the add-on is just too obvious. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: tyho
I would go in and offer $82,000 all in for the 2019 Z06. That means taxes, fees and whatever else the dealer tacks on. I give you $82,000, you give me the keys to the car. This gives you a better discount. We all know that new car designs means growing pains and problems. I would rather buy a 2021, or even 2022, C8. Let them work out all the bugs first.

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.