Haha Brian, yes I don't want to be in the ditch when I turn over 100k! Hi Wide"05 Long time no hear! Are you thinking of driving out to Ponoka for the Meet and GReet? It's always a good time and it's growing from the hospitality by all in that area!

There are 3 Motels in Town,

The CanAlta, 1 888 704-1122, located on the West edge of Town on Hiway 53. A newer Motel approx 5 yrs old. Water slide, attached A&W. The location of the last two Meet and Greets.

The Western Budget, (403) 783-8382 or 783-8350. New Motel 1 yr old. South on Hiway 2A, West side, only a couple blocks from Prairie Boys Car Wash where we will be this year.

Stampeder Motel (403) 783-5535. Older motel South on Hiway 2A, East side, also close to Prairie Boys.

Hi Scary Fast! I just left Fort Mac, was up for a couple of days working! Glad to see you're thinking of coming down! The more the merrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hezzy a few details for ya:rofl:

So after much debate and consideration of the concerns about holding the event over the long weekend, we have decided to move the Ponoka Meet and Greet to Saturday May 23rd. We appreciate the past attendies and look forward to having you all here again!! We hope that by holding it on the Saturday this will work better for those who need to travel home on the Sunday.
OK a few details. The meet will begin at 10am at the Prairie Boys car wash. This is the same car wash that we met at later on in the day last year. The wash is located on the west side of 2A on the far south end of Ponoka.
Tim Hortons coffee and donuts will be provided upon arrival!!!!
Conversation, tech talk, BS, ect.ect til about 11:30 at which time we will fire up the BBQ for Free Burgers and soft drinks!!! After the BBQ we will leave for about an hour cruise (west of Ponoka) where we will also be stopping for photos.
Hope this date works better for more people. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some new faces!!

ThanKS man I did change the date on my calendar.
I've been fiddling all winter and finally today I think I've tweaked and tuned and tightened enough stuff on the vetted so as not to embarrass myself when the meet and greet happens. :D
It would be cool to do the road trip but not this time.
Looking forward to actually being there. :D

It will be great to finally have a C7 at one of our meets..............oh ya great to meet you too Kevin!! LOL. Your car looks great in your pics..........looking forward to seeing it along with the mods you have planned.

was it Somebuddy?

Pretty sure It was. Sorry I didn't stick around. I had my grandson in the other seat.
And how did you like that puff of blue???:eek:
I need valve seals. Should have done it ages ago... it's a terrible case of procrastination.
:D
I'll be there on 23...

Yes that was me heading to the R/C flying field the other morning Hez. No worries on not sticking around I think the woman behind you was in a hurry to get home and eat her happy cereal, (if not she needed to!!) Great that you can make it this year.

For my own update, I have tires ordered and am waiting for them to come in. Fingers crossed! Although I am unable to do the extended cruise and stay overnight away from Red Deer, I am looking forward to seeing everyone!!!! I just need these tires to show up!!!

For my own update, I have tires ordered and am waiting for them to come in. Fingers crossed! Although I am unable to do the extended cruise and stay overnight away from Red Deer, I am looking forward to seeing everyone!!!! I just need these tires to show up!!!

I kinda thought adding 3 hours further west to your drive might be too far for a drive home Sunday for you.

OH OK...

I did chat with Paul last night and he is kinda liking the drive to the mountains idea. It is his Birthday that day so kinda giving him the power to decide.

It is a week after the long weekend, I can't see the Crossing or that other place Wide 05 mentioned being booked up, hard to tell. We are kinda watching for the weather forecast a week before and then plan.

more to follow.

Brian

The weather will play the biggest part of what we do after the Meet and Greet. As we get closer a more definite decision will be made.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.