Ponoka Meet and Greet

DSC_1033_zpskhnn6vl9.jpg

The Car Wash is at the South Edge of Town on 2A, West side of the road.

Map_zpsanvtdxeh.jpg

Hope to see You all there...

I am checking my wally world reciept to see if I can return my 4.99 mud wrestling outfit to help pay for gas,

and even if not Robin and i will be there

yay my life has meaning again

Jeffer2013

Ok, I have talked to Somebody and Bear F and would like to add an additional event after this is over.

Ok, May 23rd is Paul's ( RockyPM's ) Birthday

before I mentioned about maybe driving to Sask crossing on the Long Weekend for a night at the Crossing Resort at Sask crossing

The Crossing Resort | Icefields Parkway Resort | Canadian Rockies |

Now, I know where the cruise is heading but I won't mention it as not sure if Bruce and Don want to keep it a secret ( surprise ).

Now, Bruce said the stuff they have planned should be done about 2-3pm area.

Now, from where the cruise is going to Sask crossing is 2:48 min drive, 2:35 min if Jeff has a 5 hour energy before! :) ( and no wearing your mud wrestling shorts Jeff )

I would say a gas stop / bathroom break in Rocky Mountain House on the way too.

A photo stop at Abraham Lake on the way there ( maybe on the way back too )

We should arrive at Sask crossing about 6pm, we check in, freshen up and then Birthday dinner at Mt Wilson Restaurant maybe about 7:00 to 7:30pm

The Crossing Resort | Icefields Parkway Resort l Canadian RockiesThe Crossing Resort | Icefields Parkway Resort | Canadian Rockies

Now, there is a special till the end of May that adds a real breakfast ( not continental ) and a room rate of $98 for 2 people or a room I guess.

Just Passing through? Take advantage of our

“SPRING FLING” SEASON OPENER!

One Night accommodation The Crossing Resort
Full Hot Breakfast in the Mt. Wilson Restaurant
ONLY $49.00 Per Person Per night, double occupancy, plus tax

Offer valid from April 17 through May 31, 2015. To qualify, room must be booked by APRIL 30. 2015.

I will contact the Crossing in the next day or two and see about getting rooms side by side in the back where we would park our cars.

I will see about blocking 4-7 rooms, right now 3 rooms are planned, Jeff/Robin, Paul/Joanne and myself said yes to going to the mountains for a drive.

Yes, I am sure RockyPM will be planning 1 or 2 more mountain cruises this season.

If this idea interests you let me know by posting here.

Sunday we could relax in the am, maybe find some photo shoot locations and head home in the afternoon.

Any idea's could be posted here.

Brian

Ok, I just sent an email to the Crossing Resort

I asked about getting a block of 4-8 rooms in the back area so we are near the cars.

See what the reply is from them.

Asked if booking more rooms together could get us a better price, said we do visit the bar in the back once or twice a year on our mountain cruises.

too bad they don't have some outdoor hot tubs there. Would be great to enjoy them Sat night after dinner out in the fresh air.

Brian

Last edited:
Don't get to excited. We all know what happens on the May Long Weekend.......

Snow and Rain...........

It's all good to plan an excursion , but with our weather it's hard to predict.

So I would be rather hesitant to book rooms etc ahead of times.

Now if Someone wants to Promote some other venues that is fine.

Well, I should never say never. not that in a normal year that I haven't been getting done seeding by May 23rd and with this being a, hopefully, earlier than normal start, and with a 33' airdrill for my gf and hopefully welding friend who will be between jobs and my normal 58' drill I could be done in record time. Still I would hope for some custom seeding as it can be a lucritive undertaking but I have to admit that I am feeling more hopeful I could make it again..............

Cheers,

Garry

Ok, I chatting with Paul tonight..... we think we should wait to plan rooms and the road trip to the mountains till maybe a week before the event.

Make sure no snow might happen in the mountains.

Now, this cruise to the mountains to celebrate Paul's Birthday is happening after the Ponoka part it done.

Somebuddy told me they should be done just after 2pm. So, this is not conflicting with the Ponoka event... happening after the cruise is over.

More planning mid May I guess.

Brian

I would really like to make it out this year--for a great burger if nothing else. Hope to see you all there, but May is also shaping up to be a pretty busy month for me :-(

Too bad Vince. Would be good to see you again. By the way my car is nearing the 100k mark. Currently @ 99,650 km. Could turn over going to Ponoka!

Sounds like fun, again. Going to try and make the cruise as it goes right past my door. Just a suggestion but if the crossing can't accomodate you properly I could check the David Thompson Resort. Do the cruise to the crossing for a beer, or crossing maximum of 2 as per their regulations if you're not staying there, dinner and then cruise back to D Thompson. Would be quiet that time of year unless they have live entertainment. Could be cheaper and the view is also amazing.
Just thought would be worth mentioning in case they can't look after everyone, plus someone asked for options of other venues. Either way, I'll watch this site and hopefully attend the event.

Sounds like fun, again. Going to try and make the cruise as it goes right past my door. Just a suggestion but if the crossing can't accomodate you properly I could check the David Thompson Resort. Do the cruise to the crossing for a beer, or crossing maximum of 2 as per their regulations if you're not staying there, dinner and then cruise back to D Thompson. Would be quiet that time of year unless they have live entertainment. Could be cheaper and the view is also amazing.
Just thought would be worth mentioning in case they can't look after everyone, plus someone asked for options of other venues. Either way, I'll watch this site and hopefully attend the event.

Ya, DTR could be a decent back up location. No park fees needed and close to Abraham Lake

I might take a trip to the mountains on the May long weekend too, I am ready for a break and some fresh air.

I will talk to who ever is in charge at The Crossing. I might even think of taking some aerial pictures of the resort to give to them to get on their good side for getting rooms together and free cancellation if the weather is not great in the mountains. It could be fine in Red Deer and shitty in the National Park.

Will check out DTResort too.

Hope you can make it again!

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.