I put my deposit at Cullen's on Apr28/2021 and was 116 on the list at that time. I believe I'm #30 on the list currently after my last update which was July. If no allocations for August, looks like I'll be patiently waiting for Sept allocations to move up the list. I do not have any of the options that are currently on constraints so lets hoping I get an allocation for Nov/Dec. Just in time to put it in the garage lol. It's been a long wait, snow will be here before we no it an no chance of me getting a car that I can drive this year. I don't believe I've waited this long for anything I've ordered lol.
Apparently Cullen was told by GM that they are going to back-end load them in the 2nd half of the year, which would be nice!!!! Patiently waiting!!!

Reactions: NablaG and DenisC8
Would that be just Cullen or other two big ones getting more as well?

At this rate it might be 3 years of waiting.
not sure, possibly all of Canada due to the low % of C8's all year....Hopefully GM keeps their promise, but don't hold your breath....I was ready to pull the plug, but was surprised my # dropped as much as it did....Hoping for next summer...but, yes, waiting sucks.....

I was 3400 with TPW 8/22. VIN build date was not 8/22 but closer to 31 Aug. Now with the shutdown my earliest date looks like 9 or 12 Sept. or about 3 weeks after the original TPW. I may have to make a sacrifice on the Corvette alter if I am ever going to see this car before winter.

On the bright side my buddy who was behind me on the list had his car built yesterday. I hope everyone else is having good luck and getting their cars in a respectable time.

My C8 was built 9/09. But she is still sitting in BG awaiting shipping. This waiting while the last of the good weather slips away is brutal. Anyone else feel like the last couple of weeks is just ridiculously slow?
Canuckvetster, if your car was built last Friday your vin is around 10,472 based on your calculation. Last Friday I looked at 3 vin's of cars delivered last week to Ontario with vin's at the top of 9600's and lower 9700's built on Thursday August 25th. Delivery time is almost bang on 2 weeks from production date. If your car didn't get held up in Quality Control and is released for shipping it should arrive at Cullen's next week. I'm 15 minutes from the Ingersoll depot and speak to the Jack Cooper drivers all the time. Your car should go non stop to Cullen's depending what time your driver leaves the factory yard. Sometimes the drivers finish loading later on in the afternoon and stop to overnight at there home in Kentucky. One guy tried to do the same and overnight at his house in Michigan. Then they get up early and cross the boarder in Sarnia.

Last edited:
And I thought it was waiting for my car being built on 9/26..
Hehe.

Soon you'll have it!
Cam is the 70th going to be off restraint by the 26th? This car is heading to Cullen's?
Did you load it up? 3LT all the options?

Cam is the 70th going to be off restraint by the 26th? This car is heading to Cullen's?
Did you load it up? 3LT all the options?
Because my 70th was a July allocation parts were kept for that grouping of cars as their VINs are batched seperate from other C8s (and don't show on the daily production numbers).

The 70th was on constraint until yesterday however it looks like orders from August and September will be picked up but with the bright red calipers and engine covers...yeesh.

No, car is heading to Bill Spencer and yes I loaded it up:

Z51
Mag ride
Stealth interior pkg
Black tips
High Wing
Dual roofs (carbon flash and transparent)

Because my 70th was a July allocation parts were kept for that grouping of cars as their VINs are batched seperate from other C8s (and don't show on the daily production numbers).

The 70th was on constraint until yesterday however it looks like orders from August and September will be picked up but with the bright red calipers and engine covers...yeesh.

Z51
Mag ride
Stealth interior pkg
Black tips
High Wing
Cam you're going to need to add another couple lines to your 70th anniversary spreadsheet for cars with bright red calipers and bright red engine cover
The joys of constraints!

Z51
Mag ride
Stealth interior pkg
Black tips
High Wing
Cam, I think your safe, there is no bright red engine cover only the brake calipers. Love the options, but front lift is now $3180 on my 2020 it was $1875 not sure if you got that? Did you get black?

Cam, I think your safe, there is no bright red engine cover only the brake calipers. Love the options, but front lift is now $3180 on my 2020 it was $1875 not sure if you got that? Did you get black?
I'm told July allocations and the cars prior that were stopped for the plant shutdown all received the Edge red calipers. It's the August and September cars that will receive the Bright red...

No front lift...never needed it. Yes, went Carbon Flash Metallic paint and back to coupe with both roofs.

Canuckvetster, if your car was built last Friday your vin is around 10,472 based on your calculation. Last Friday I looked at 3 vin's of cars delivered last week to Ontario with vin's at the top of 9600's and lower 9700's built on Thursday August 25th. Delivery time is almost bang on 2 weeks from production date. If your car didn't get held up in Quality Control and is released for shipping it should arrive at Cullen's next week.
My car was built on the 9th and my VIN is 10472. Good estimate! But, like everything with this car I was informed today that it will not arrive at the dealership til the 27th with delivery on the 1st.

Last edited:
I was informed by a friend that Cullens intends to put a lien on my car after the purchase to prevent me selling it for one year.
When I discussed the C8 purchase with the salesman I was informed verbally that I could not sell for 12 months and when I entered the allocation list agreed to those terms in principle. The dealership never put any part of the post purchase requirements in writing and was never told about the lien. So far this has been a matter of trust but is now becoming a legal affair. I have not found any other dealerships doing this and have found nothing from GM demanding this action.

Heck even the Z06 is only restricted for 6 months. I guess they expect a Stingray to be worth over MSRP even 12 months from now.
Has anyone else had this experience?

BTW I have no intention of selling at any point. Just curious.

Last edited:
I was informed by a friend that Cullens intends to put a lien on my car after the purchase to prevent me selling it for one year.
When I discussed the C8 purchase with the salesman I was informed verbally that I could not sell for 12 months and when I entered the allocation list agreed to those terms in principle. The dealership never put any part of the post purchase requirements in writing and was never told about the lien. So far this has been a matter of trust but is now becoming a legal affair. I have not found any other dealerships doing this and have found nothing from GM demanding this action.

Heck even the Z06 is only restricted for 6 months. I guess they expect a Stingray to be worth over MSRP even 12 months from now.
Has anyone else had this experience?

BTW I have no intention of selling at any point. Just curious.
just to be clear, you are talking about Brian Cullen in St. Catharines? this is the 1st I am hearing about a lien

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.