Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
My dealer gets between 6 and 9 allocations per year. I went in about a month ago and was told at that time they have had only one 2023 allocation so far. I am the next on the list and am wondering if they should have received at least one more since then? With them receiving 6-9 per year should I have received a call by now? Also wondering if anyone here has a dealer with similar yearly numbers how many 2023 allocations have they received so far? I'm not sure if the allocations are granted evenly or they may get multiples later in the year and what would be the rough cutoff date for 2023 orders? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

My dealer gets between 6 and 9 allocations per year. I went in about a month ago and was told at that time they have had only one 2023 allocation so far. I am the next on the list and am wondering if they should have received at least one more since then? With them receiving 6-9 per year should I have received a call by now? Also wondering if anyone here has a dealer with similar yearly numbers how many 2023 allocations have they received so far? I'm not sure if the allocations are granted evenly or they may get multiples later in the year and what would be the rough cutoff date for 2023 orders? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Since RHD cars started being produced, CDN dealers have received a great reduction in allocations. Their 6-9 is likely now 3-6 or less since the Z06 is close to production.

Reactions: Nik

That sounds right my dealer is same sales volume and 1 allocation so far

The Canadian allocations for 2020 and 2021 are outdated and useless data now. So if your dealer told you it receives 6 to 9 allocations/year based upon the 2020 and 2021 years, that's now totally changed. Even the 2022 Canadian allocation history won't be repeated for 2023 and will likely get worse.

Ever since GM released the 2022 stats showing the Canadian allocations to be cut in half (approximately) compared to 2020 and 2021, followed by the Q1 and Q2 2023 MY stats (showing further cuts to Canadian allocations), we now know that GM is replacing what used to be Canadian allocations, for C8's that are being made for Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. GM isn't reducing allocations for the States, but rather taking away all the allocations that normally would have come to Canada, and giving those allocations to these new markets. So the C8 has now truly become "America's sport car", with GM abandoning Canadian corvette buyers. Sad news for Canadians, especially people like me who sold their C8 Stingrays to get funds for the Z06, thinking the 2020 and 2021 Canadian allocations would continue.

The Canadian allocations for 2020 and 2021 are outdated and useless data now. So if your dealer told you it receives 6 to 9 allocations/year based upon the 2020 and 2021 years, that's now totally changed. Even the 2022 Canadian allocation history won't be repeated for 2023 and will likely get worse.

Ever since GM released the 2022 stats showing the Canadian allocations to be cut in half (approximately) compared to 2020 and 2021, followed by the Q1 and Q2 2023 MY stats (showing further cuts to Canadian allocations), we now know that GM is replacing what used to be Canadian allocations, for C8's that are being made for Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. GM isn't reducing allocations for the States, but rather taking away all the allocations that normally would have come to Canada, and giving those allocations to these new markets. So the C8 has now truly become "America's sport car", with GM abandoning Canadian corvette buyers. Sad news for Canadians, especially people like me who sold their C8 Stingrays to get funds for the Z06, thinking the 2020 and 2021 Canadian allocations would continue.
Thanks for the insight Netsinah. I put my name on the list 6 months ago. The dealer was expecting a 50 to 70 corvette allocation for this year based on past deliveries but they only got 23 units delivered so far ... Now, I get it :(. Are you aware of any plans from Chevrolet to increase the production by adding another manufacturing plant or assembly line ?

Thanks for the insight Netsinah. I put my name on the list 6 months ago. The dealer was expecting a 50 to 70 corvette allocation for this year based on past deliveries but they only got 23 units delivered so far ... Now, I get it :(. Are you aware of any plans from Chevrolet to increase the production by adding another manufacturing plant or assembly line ?
There will be no increase in production

Its really like we live in a 3rd world country with this stuff. Out of 25,000+ deliveries last year Canada got just over 1,000 from what I read yet we live on the U.S. border. Plus Canadians can’t even buy a new U.S. vehicle and legally import it brand new. Like a lot of others, I have cash for a car and can’t get one. I can only hope my dealer gets another couple allocations but who knows what will happen. Its a disgrace.

Reactions: Cruzin and Nik
No idea on any of that; but, don't hold your breath . Z06 part of C8 allocation and as per GM notice I read yesterday allocations based on 3LT PKG C8 sales which I found interesting.

The chances of GM opening up another production facility or expanding existing Bowling Green production to make more C8's, are zero IMO. GM is having trouble sourcing out parts with the existing production, as shown by the recent stats released by GM on Z06 constraints (only 10% of the C8 production will be Z06's and only 3% of the Z06's will have the carbon fiber aero accessories) and the already existing constraints on some of the C8 Stingray options, plus plant shut-downs which are likely to continue due to future part shortages. And GM is no doubt already planning what it takes to retool and manufacture the all-electric C9 Corvette, so investing in new infrastructure for the "soon-to-be-antiquated" ICE C8, is likely already in its rear-view mirror. We in Canada will have to get used to a dearth of future C8's and with that, others like me looking to other car manufacturers (I've placed a deposit on the new Lotus Emira) will increase in numbers as time goes on and reality sets in and rudely intrudes on what are now unrealistic sport car dreams. Again, a sad consequence of GM's decision to cut Canadian allocations and especially hard to swallow, for someone like me so enamoured with the C8 and so looking forward to a Z06.

Reactions: Cruzin and NablaG
The chances of GM opening up another production facility or expanding existing Bowling Green production to make more C8's, are zero IMO. GM is having trouble sourcing out parts with the existing production, as shown by the recent stats released by GM on Z06 constraints (only 10% of the C8 production will be Z06's and only 3% of the Z06's will have the carbon fiber aero accessories) and the already existing constraints on some of the C8 Stingray options, plus plant shut-downs which are likely to continue due to future part shortages. And GM is no doubt already planning what it takes to retool and manufacture the all-electric C9 Corvette, so investing in new infrastructure for the "soon-to-be-antiquated" ICE C8, is likely already in its rear-view mirror. We in Canada will have to get used to a dearth of future C8's and with that, others like me looking to other car manufacturers (I've placed a deposit on the new Lotus Emira) will increase in numbers as time goes on and reality sets in and rudely intrudes on what are now unrealistic sport car dreams. Again, a sad consequence of GM's decision to cut Canadian allocations and especially hard to swallow, for someone like me so enamoured with the C8 and so looking forward to a Z06.
Good luck on a Lotus .Way too small for me. At over six feet and 175lb it would be like trying to get squeezed into a sardine can. Plus I am a die hard Vette guy: easy to maintain, cheap to service , NA V8 mid-engine that handles amazingly. I get your point though with getting one which is why I paid the bucks to get mine.

Good luck on a Lotus .Way too small for me. At over six feet and 175lb it would be like trying to get squeezed into a sardine can. Plus I am a die hard Vette guy: easy to maintain, cheap to service , NA V8 mid-engine that handles amazingly. I get your point though with getting one which is why I paid the bucks to get mine.

Yes, I'm now kicking myself for selling my C8 to get funds to buy a Z06...

But reviewers on the Lotus Emira (NA V6 mid-engine) describe it with a surprisingly large interior that fits larger-sized people comfortably. It has a souped up Toyota engine that's "bullet-proof" however warranty servicing will be more problematic, with the nearest Lotus dealer being 3 hours away from me. Oh well.

Yes, I'm now kicking myself for selling my C8 to get funds to buy a Z06...

But reviewers on the Lotus Emira (NA V6 mid-engine) describe it with a surprisingly large interior that fits larger-sized people comfortably. It has a souped up Toyota engine that's "bullet-proof" however warranty servicing will be more problematic, with the nearest Lotus dealer being 3 hours away from me. Oh well.
Awesome. I did not know they made a car that size? That is another concern for me - how close the dealer is to get service done. I must look that car up. OMG, you sold your C8 not knowing you would get a Z06? Would it not have made sense to trade the C8 in? Dealers here are giving a trade in value for what they paid. Here in BC because of the terrible luxury taxes I would definitely trade-in my current car on a Z06 or E-Ray . I hope you get your Lotus!!!!

Reactions: Cruzin
Checked it out. Looks great. On phone so must check out rest. $120k loaded? Why not buy another C8 used? What are they selling for now loaded HTC?

Lotus Emira? 0-100 in 4.3 sec? Will seem really slow after the C8! :)

In regards to production increases. The C7 tact time was much faster than the C8 has been. As the production line workers gain more experience it would be possible to decrease the tact time from 11.4 to 10.4 for example, making it possible to produce ~200 cars per day.
IMO GM doesn't really care how many Corvettes they produce and they must not be the money makers so many seem to think they are. Otherwise they would add the car to other facilities as they do with trucks. IMO they care more about the more profitable truck since, as we all know, quantity is where profits are made.
Another indicator to me is with the demand for the Stingray being so high it doesn't make much fiscal sense to introduce another version that slows down total production (Though Covid and parts supply issues muddies the numbers).
The Corvette is a markee car and quantity doesn't add to that. Quality and performance does.

Reactions: Cruzin and Thom
Its really like we live in a 3rd world country with this stuff. Out of 25,000+ deliveries last year Canada got just over 1,000 from what I read yet we live on the U.S. border. Plus Canadians can’t even buy a new U.S. vehicle and legally import it brand new. Like a lot of others, I have cash for a car and can’t get one. I can only hope my dealer gets another couple allocations but who knows what will happen. Its a disgrace.
Damn ... that's exactly what I was considering yesterday after reading this thread ... :bored: How long do you have to wait to make it eligible to export to Canada ? This situation REALLY sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.