really nice choice ! do you know why is taking that long ?
Thanks ! I don't think it has taken that long so far. Waiting to hear back from dealership right now to see if it has changed. Dealership said It would probably be 3 months but they can't know for sure. No one can. Shutdown #1 this year already this week so like everyone else I patiently wait. I just hope it arrives before the summer.

I was told Bill Spencer only got one today...Canadians getting the shaft compared to the US apparently, where they got INCREASED allocations AND for the next three months.

Hopefully Canada gets some love soon, smarten up GM!

I was told Bill Spencer only got one today...Canadians getting the shaft compared to the US apparently, where they got INCREASED allocations AND for the next three months.

Hopefully Canada gets some love soon, smarten up GM!
They also got only 1 allocation in Jan 2021

Last edited:
if you have an allocation you will get it. one of the lucky few!

That was the key for me: once I had an allocation my dealer kept telling me to "keep the faith, your car will be made" and he was right. So yes, lucky you emtae001 and I expect you'll be driving your C8 long before the end of this year. To better kill the time until delivery, I found the best medicine was to buy accessories to have everything ready for the big day! :D

Says the guy with his car already, easy to say...Im not gonna tell you what you sound like, as most folks already know...
You guys have a short memory, let me remind you the 2020 dynamic. Recieved my allocation on Feb 20 Status 2000. Awesome day. Weeks later recieved my TPW for 4/13 which was the second week for HTC production, was super excited, would receive my C8 in May. March 12 Covid hit and plant closed, fast forward to all the news when they would start HTC production. My car was delivered to me on September 29, 2020. 5 months later, I know I'm not the only one as others have also experienced same.

I am starting to think that I shouldn't have sold my car. Go ahead everyone tell me off! Not so sure I am going to get an allocation for a HTC this summer at this rate. You gamble you take a chance! Good luck to everyone in getting an allocation for a 2021.

Reactions: Psyclist
Im good to wait in line, thats what I signed up for last summer. But we have Canadian dealers now getting squat for allocations, at the same time a ramp in allocations going to US dealers. So from this info, it looks like GM took the amount of allocations that Canada gets and redistributed it to US dealers...Id be pissed if I were a Canadian dealership! For now, I will just continue to obsess over my build spec till they call my number...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.