So I won't be able to cruise with you but if all goes according to plan I will have moved to the Kelowna ish region by that timeframe so maybe sleeping in a dumpster nearby. If I'm there I'll come out to meet you guys.

Nik check out the arrow lakes..within 1.5 hrs of of the bigger centers..Great place to live :canada:

Thank you @RockyPM (Paul) for making CCF the "go to" stop
for the organization of this Corvette Event. I did find this CCF resource captured
the largest audience during my organizing of the 65 Corvettes for the successful
Cold Lake Air Show & Cruise in 2018. It was brutal trying to keep multiple
media sources current with up to date information. That along with keeping
it transparent from the other demands in work and personal life.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyPM
Thanks @SN-III (Spence). Lives are busy so having one avenue to track works. we have a close Corvette community, once something is posted it makes its way around to other sites by people sharing and discussing. Are you coming?

2020 Rocky Mountain Cruise
February 2020 Update

Hello everyone! Thank you for the early show of support for the cruise! We currently have 22 registered cars for the event. This does include Fred, Jeff and I so this means we still have 6 spots open for people to register.

Planning is still ongoing and as the cruise gets closer, we will keep you up to date monthly. On July 24, cruise day we will have a printed information package for all cars. As previously noted, the starting location is the Cochrane A&W. The parking lot is small so we have talked to the Chinese buffet across the street and will be using their parking lot for staging as we start. You can get your coffee and Bacon n Egger plus use the facilities before we head out on the adventure.

You have probably heard of Rust Valley Restorers, the tv show about Mike Hall, eccentric entrepreneur and hippie and his crew restoring and building cars in Tappen, just west of Sicamous. We have been in contact with the shop and are seeing if we can visit them on July 26th, the day we visit the winery. It is a Sunday and they are closed but we have let them know the size and uniqueness of our group and the following they have with car enthusiasts like us. When we find out more details, we will let the registrants know and possibly adjust our plans. This includes allowing a change from touring the winery to visiting Rust Bros. The email we received said “we will talk with Mike and the producer to see if we can make this work”. Would you want to be on an episode of Rust Valley Restorers? Now that would be cool!

More Details on the BBQ Supper! Our supper at 3 Valley Gap has a bit more detail now that I have asked questions based on your responses to the BBQ. We have the option of strip loin steak, chicken breast or Spaghetti with Marinara sauce for those that do not want meat. Each of these selections includes the buffet with the beans, salads etc. the cost includes the meal, GST and tip as well as $5.00 to pay for our lunch meal at Sicamous earlier this day. I will be sending out a request to confirm if you want the steak, chicken or spaghetti.

Thank you to Canadain Corvette Forums for the name tag lanyards and supporting this cruise! More to come from Ultimate Auto Protection.

That’s all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their time this winter and if you’re like Fred, Jeff and I you are getting itchy for spring to get here.

Reactions: YFCvii and JamesP
Hi Bob and Gina, all cars are welcome. We have another fellow thinking on bringing a C2 and actually did the trip with us to Bowling Green Kentucky last year. We travel at about 10 km over the speed limit but also we do not leave anyone behind. We always make sure it is enjoyable for all. the first day is the longest to get to Nelson, BC. Since you are in Port Moody, maybe meeting us in Nelson would work better for you? The following days are shorter with more stops. With power steering in your car I think you would both have a lot of fun with the cruise! also it would be an honor to have you and your C1 on our cruise. Anything else you would like to ask please do, and if a phone call is easier do not hesitate to call me! I've PM'd you.

Reactions: thomigun
Well I do believe we now cover C2 to C7 Corvettes in the cruise group! As of today we have 20 of 25 spots spoken for meaning we still have some room for people to decide on coming with us. Hurry up Spring!!.

First version of the logo in the wild. Working out a decent size and will have them to stick on the inside of the window.

Attachments

• IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 44
Good Day all. Finally put together the who's who list of registrants. See who you know. We only have 5 spots remaining.
Organizers
J&R Wardlow
F Janke
P&J Maciejowski
Registered
1C. Allen13B Bartholomew & G Thorstenson
2D&D Ammann14Z Kirchner & C Walling
3B&G Amyotte15J Peterson & L Swanson
4P&C Andres16T Payne & L Lutz
5Hidden17G Ross & C Gray
6M&B Baik18K Turner & H Ng
7J&R Bougiridis19G&L Christensen
8Hidden20J&B Messner
9D&B Dittmer21P Warren
10T&J Petersen22D&A Markovinovich
11G&D Muyres23
12L&D Stronach24

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 3 spots remaining for the 2020 RMCC!

If anyone knows of people on the fence thinking about coming with us AND they own a C2 please let them know the cruise needs them.

We have our first C8 registered for the cruise!!

This means we have C1, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 & C8 represented. Photos are going to be awesome!!

We have 3 spots remaining for the 2020 RMCC!

If anyone knows of people on the fence thinking about coming with us AND they own a C2 please let them know the cruise needs them.

We have our first C8 registered for the cruise!!

This means we have C1, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 & C8 represented. Photos are going to be awesome!!
we have a C8 coming? cool

2020 Rocky Mountain Corvette Cruise.
July 24 – July 27, 2019
2020 RMCC Route

Please note:
  • SEE THE EVENTS PAGE FOR UPDATE AND REGISTRATION DOWNLOAD!
  • Events Page Link - 2020 Rocky Mountain Corvette Cruise
  • We are 68% Booked!
  • Download the information package from .
  • REGISTRATION IS OPEN
  • Fill out registration and email the completed package back along with E-Transfer for reservation.
  • This package must be complete and will be registered in order of ail receipt.
  • Once you receive E-Transfer confirmation you are registered. Prestige Hotels (Nelson and Kelowna) will not accept bookings until I send out 2020 RMCC Codes to Registrants.
  • Cancellation will be allowed up to the closing date of hotel bookings, March 31, 2020. There will be no refund for the 3 Valley gap registration after this closing date unless you find someone to take your spot for all three nights.
  • You are responsible to book the hotels in Nelson and Kelowna.
  • This is your cruise, if you do not wish to travel with the group or want to stop a bit longer, please do. The route will show where to rejoin the group.
  • Two-way radios are mandatory. Rentals will be available for those who do not have them for a cost.
ITINERARY
View attachment 34214
July 24 – Day 1
  • Meet @ A&W 23 Westside Drive in Cochrane. Please have full gas tank.
  • 8:00 am. Leave take Highway 1A or highway 1 based on Construction.
  • Quick stop in Banff before taking the Bow Valley Parkway to Highway 93 to Radium Hot Springs.
  • Stop @ Kootenay Lodge for break if required.
  • Bag lunch to be eaten somewhere along route south of Radium. Location TBD.
  • Stop in Creston for fuel before driving to Nelson for the night. Arrive 5:30 to 6:00 pm.
  • Stay at the Prestige Inn or Resort, Nelson. (Once you receive notice your reservation with Paul is accepted, a code will allow you to reserve this hotel) Estimated cost before taxes $110 to 205.
  • Fuel up for next day.
View attachment 34215
July 25 – Day 2
  • 8:00 am. Leave Nelson
  • Drive north to Kaslo. We are traveling along the west side of Kootenay Lake, in the sun.
  • Stop to tour Kaslo and surrounding area. SS Moyie Paddle Wheeler.
  • View attachment 34216
  • Drive to New Denver and Nakusp along Highways 31A and 6.
  • Lunch in Nakusp.
  • Cross Arrowhead Lake on Needles Ferry.
  • View attachment 34217
  • Arrive in Kelowna between 4:30 and 5:00pm.
  • Stay at the Prestige Beach House Hotel. (Once you receive Paul’s notice your reservation is accepted, a code will allow you to reserve this hotel) Estimated cost before taxes $235.
  • Fuel up for next day.
View attachment 34218
July 26 – Day 3
  • 9:00 am. Depart Kelowna
  • Visit Winery (to be confirmed) Tour, Wine Tasting, coffee?
  • View attachment 34219.
  • Drive Westside Road to north of Vernon.
  • Continue on Highway 97A to Enderby. Stop if needed because of coffee from previous stop!
  • Head north and take Highway 97B to Sicamous.
  • Lunch @ Joe Schmuck’s Roadhouse.
  • Fuel up if you cannot make it to Revelstoke.
  • Drive to 3 Valley Gap Hotel and Ghost Town. (This is the hotel that I have arranged for a group reservation and must be booked through me. This provides us a reduced rate and once confirmed registration provides you with codes for Prestige Hotels) Estimated cost before taxes $115.
  • View attachment 34220
  • BBQ Steak supper in Ghost town. (approx. $27) Time TBD. Want a bit earlier to allow for following;
  • Portions of the Ghost town will be opened for our group to place cars in the town and do some cool photography.
July 27 – Day 4
  • 9:00 am. Leave 3 Valley Gap
  • Stop in Revelstoke. Fuel up if needed.
  • Drive to Emerald Lake. Stop to view, hopefully in the sun. (Last RMCC was socked in with smoke)
  • Lunch @ Emerald Lake
  • Drive to Banff, stop if you like.
  • Head home.
This itinerary may be adjusted by time of cruise based on road conditions.

More to come!
Is there still an opening for this event 2 persons and 1 beautiful Corvette
Wayne B.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.