Good evening everyone. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic Jeff, Fred and I are reviewing information and some options for cancellation date. Please stay tuned and we will be releasing the information in the next few days, Thank you.

Reactions: rockitman
2020 RMCC
COVID-19 Update

Hi everyone and happy March. Spring is getting closer and closer. Because of world events we want to address COVID-19 which is on everyone’s minds.

COVID-19 and the 2020 RMCC

We are experiencing a world pandemic unlike we have seen in most of our lifetimes. We have all seen the reports of what governments are doing worldwide and what local governments are doing to address containment and reduction of the virus.

How does this effect our cruise? Jeff, Fred and I have reviewed the available information and we do not know how the virus and conditions currently imposed will affect the cruise in July. We are concerned for everyone’s health, well-being and enjoyment. Because of the unknown here is how we are adjusting this year’s RMCC planning:

The Final Registration non-refundable date of March 31st, 2020 will be extended as follows;

• We are contacting all hotels to identify the latest cancellation date to not be charged any money because of the COVID-19 issue.
  • This will be the new cancellation date for the cruise and will be emailed to all registrants and posted on CCF.
  • We are working with the hotels to be able to cancel the cruise efficiently, if required. We will keep you up to date as this develops and is needed.
  • In the worst-case scenario and we must cancel this year’s cruise, all registrants will receive a full refund.
This will allow us and all registrants time to see how the COVID-19 pandemic develops and changes as we enter the summer season. The new final registration date will give time to see the effects and outcomes of the virus and allow each registrant consider options and update plans accordingly.

Any questions you may have, or clarification required please reach out to Fred, Jeff or myself. We will be happy to talk with you and receive any feedback you may have.

Fred, Jeff and I want to stay positive but logical. I found this quote from George S. Patton that I believe sums up how we are approaching this unknown.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

Reactions: rockitman
@thomigun we are definitely not wanting to raise alarms but only extending the non-refundable deadline. This allows everyone to feel comfortable with waiting till we are closer to the date. A lot can happen in 4 months.

2020 Rocky Mountain Cruise

June 2020 Update

Hello all. I trust everyone is healthy and safe during the time. We are just over a month away from the start of our cruise and some may be questioning “are we still doing it?” At this time we are still remaining cautiously optimistic as we have until July 7th to cancel our hotel reservations. We are currently checking with the hotels for their updates and monitoring the provincial governments reopening plans. Provincial travel is forecast to be opened during the Governments Phase 3. We sent out an anonymous Survey Monkey survey to check how everyone is feeling about the upcoming trip. These are the results so far from 18 respondents. We have had two cancellations and so that accounts for the very unlikely responses. Outside of those everyone else is optimistic. Written information varied from concern for how we will be treated to everyone should follow distancing guidelines and we will all be good. Thank you all for the responses!

1592795164225.png

We have seen the reports of animosity to travelers in BC with Alberta plates and we do not want to get caught up in this type of activity. As a large group of cars we will have “some” attention. We have heard from Prestige Hotel in Nelson, they are open and have had no reports of animosity in the town towards “out-of-towners”. Still waiting to get confirmation from Kelowna but Diana at 3 Valley Gap has confirmed they are open and eagerly awaiting our group.

On July 24 staging morning we will be meeting in the parking lot of the Chinese Wok, 22 Westside Drive, Cochrane. Everyone can go across the street and grab coffee and use the bathroom at the A&W.

So stay tuned and on July 1st Jeff and I will make the call based on the Government reports and hotel feedback we receive. If we do cancel everyone will receive a full registration refund and we will work towards 2021.

We do not want to end on a sad note and so here is an introduction to Danny & his wife Agnes Markinovonich. They reside in Swift Current Saskatchewan and I hope they will be driving their new C8 on our cruise!

From Danny: My first sports car was when I was 18 years old. It was a 1979 Trans Am fully loaded, which I ordered from the factory. I paid $10,600.00 including taxes. There were Corvettes on the lot but they were twice as much money. Time flew by, got married and life happened. We made a trip to Vegas in 2008. While in the city we stopped by a classic car dealer. They had a Vette on the lot and I took it for a test drive. It got me thinking about getting into sports cars again. I soon bought a 2007 Corvette, this was sold to purchase a 2012 Grand Sport 100th Centennial Edition. In 2014 the C7 came out and I was again hooked. I bought a 2014 and then upgraded to a 2016 black Z06 C7R. The car is 1 of only 650 made. When Chevrolet unveiled the new C8 I got that familiar urge to get one!

On May 29th I got notice that my C8 was built! We are keeping the C7 and so it’s going to be tough to decide which one to drive. Well, maybe in time, it will be tough to decide as I can’t wait to get behind the wheel of the new car! Here are some photos of what I ordered.
LhCQdXkW-zjUEeW4vCZrXOaN7sLE552_imrX0tGbTZEySPC2gL_P1vbHWUYvyvTaWtHEGmTZ5rui_1KUb2th8W_weJSwFGU3cqK-PAsIBmmC0Y87pCzcgrYtuX231yngwmaOhUk

uVd1DAsQ-OFWe4UGPKsHNjvmB5jYq0yEm7WVLPxvD_YHBugVitvuX6seHcFcJk2pN7oixBXAjpgElUFFeRwDPvgtxEih0IS2rHQHXZyKaGoDI0f_MZnQRIzBWzwnf2wbTFn2n1I

WQ6l4UQDK88t3B7--pTwVuhcFuLjDPWt3eEjH--euo0HDy5wU315Bj9YM2MZxRrZ1U9HDGDvj8gJygle7VKuzLUUsl5L9Dlxmdf7Sx2eSVid_iybUsuBLIbGjz1xDdC3QEHfWi8

Keep your fingers crossed and we hope to see everyone on July 24th, 2020!

Hi everyone. THE PROVINCE OF BC IS OPEN FOR TRAVELLERS FROM ALBERTA AND YUKON! This gives us the green light to make this cruise happen. Very exciting and so barring anything odd happening between now and July 24. Our sponsor Ultimate Auto Protection will be out on Friday morning at our start location With goodies for us. Even if you are not travelling with us ut are close by stop in and say hi before we hit the road.

@Jeffer2013 and I have made the decision, THE CRUISE IS A GO!!!
A few spots have come open so we are still accepting cars. We will be sending our registrants an email to the registered walking through more specific details of the trip. We will be visiting the White Post Auto Museum in Tappen, BC. The same location where Rust Valley Restorers is filmed. Rust Bros. is saying Mike is planned to away that weekend but you never know. We have also found a scenic road traveling from Kelowna to Salmon Arm, this way we can take a road most of us have never experienced through the valleys. We are recommending following physical distancing and masks where required for the trip so this looks to be a great trek for a summer break from the news!

A few changes to the Itinerary.
  1. the Cochrane Days Inn has reduced their rate for us by $50.00!
  2. We have changed our hotel in Kelowna. We are now staying at the Coast Capri Hotel. Better part of the city!
  3. We are not doing the winery tour.
  4. Trip between Kelowna and Tappen will be on local paved roads and we will not be on Highway 97A. Local corvette owners say its a beautiful drive. Oh and so does does @thomigun.
  5. The White Post Auto Mall and Antique shop in Tappen has graciously said they will open on Sunday for us to visit. This is close the Rust Bros. but info is Mike and crew will be out of town. Damn, i hope they change their mind!
  6. We will be stopping in Sicamous for an outdoor light lunch @ the OK Tire shop. the owner has graciously opened his doors, even though he's closed to host us. Jeef and I want to organize the cars into a giant OK in front of his shop to take some good photos to share with him.
  7. Dessert will be at the D Dutchman Dairy about a block away as well the the fruit stand for anyone wanting fresh BC items.
  8. There's a go cart track across the street, Just sayin'.
Heard from many of the registrants and we are definitely excited to head out. We will be practicing physical distancing and have sent out guidelines about using sanitizers, masks, gloves etc. The hotels range from leaving rooms vacant 1 to 2 days before entering and doing a thorough clean prior to the next guests to use the rooms. Hotels are running between 50 to 65% capacity to account for cleaning.

Feedback from our contacts in all cities we are stopping is positive. They are welcoming visitors back but just want people to abide by the requirements. The new normal.

If you haven't already seen the new post, 3 Valley Gap is offering people who want to come out and stay with us for the evening of July 26, just call and book saying you are joining the 2020 RMCC. They will give you 10% off your room rate and then just say you want to join the BBQ as well. For a charge there is options of Steak, Chicken or vegetarian choices.

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
A few changes to the Itinerary.
  1. the Cochrane Days Inn has reduced their rate for us by $50.00!
  2. We have changed our hotel in Kelowna. We are now staying at the Coast Capri Hotel. Better part of the city!
  3. We are not doing the winery tour.
  4. Trip between Kelowna and Tappen will be on local paved roads and we will not be on Highway 97A. Local corvette owners say its a beautiful drive. Oh and so does does @thomigun.
  5. The White Post Auto Mall and Antique shop in Tappen has graciously said they will open on Sunday for us to visit. This is close the Rust Bros. but info is Mike and crew will be out of town. Damn, i hope they change their mind!
  6. We will be stopping in Sicamous for an outdoor light lunch @ the OK Tire shop. the owner has graciously opened his doors, even though he's closed to host us. Jeef and I want to organize the cars into a giant OK in front of his shop to take some good photos to share with him.
  7. Dessert will be at the D Dutchman Dairy about a block away as well the the fruit stand for anyone wanting fresh BC items.
  8. There's a go cart track across the street, Just sayin'.
Heard from many of the registrants and we are definitely excited to head out. We will be practicing physical distancing and have sent out guidelines about using sanitizers, masks, gloves etc. The hotels range from leaving rooms vacant 1 to 2 days before entering and doing a thorough clean prior to the next guests to use the rooms. Hotels are running between 50 to 65% capacity to account for cleaning.

Feedback from our contacts in all cities we are stopping is positive. They are welcoming visitors back but just want people to abide by the requirements. The new normal.

If you haven't already seen the new post, 3 Valley Gap is offering people who want to come out and stay with us for the evening of July 26, just call and book saying you are joining the 2020 RMCC. They will give you 10% off your room rate and then just say you want to join the BBQ as well. For a charge there is options of Steak, Chicken or vegetarian choices.

Can’t wait! 2 more weeks!

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii and turbozig
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.