The 2020MY Corvette begins production in the first week of February. This we know.

The "allocation" each dealership has received is for the first half of production.

I've been noticing that the model year changeover for Corvettes tends to happen in December or January each year.

Therefore it's reasonable to speculate that all early-allocated Canadian orders ought to be built by the end of July, thus all orders should be accepted by the end of May.

What happens after that - who knows.

The 2020MY Corvette begins production in the first week of February. This we know.

The "allocation" each dealership has received is for the first half of production.

I've been noticing that the model year changeover for Corvettes tends to happen in December or January each year.

Therefore it's reasonable to speculate that all early-allocated Canadian orders ought to be built by the end of July, thus all orders should be accepted by the end of May.

What happens after that - who knows.

It’s a great assumption. The second “group” of allocations will be cut down from what GM Canada originally thought due to strike and that group will get built right into the final weeks of Sept 2020 and be delivered after that time ... so technically we could see some Canadians getting their 2020 C8’s in Oct / Nov 2020.... just in time depending where they are in Canada to put to bed for the winter unfortunately

Reactions: OttawaKev
It’s a great assumption. The second “group” of allocations will be cut down from what GM Canada originally thought due to strike and that group will get built right into the final weeks of Sept 2020 and be delivered after that time ... so technically we could see some Canadians getting their 2020 C8’s in Oct / Nov 2020.... just in time depending where they are in Canada to put to bed for the winter unfortunately

Yes and no.

tl;dr - I velieve that no one - even GM execs know how many Canada will get. With the popularity of the C8, it might not be very many at all...

By no means am I an expert, I've only made observations from 3 years of experience.

I do not believe there is a set number of how many 2020 Corvettes Canada will get. For every vehicle that has had a major update and release, we seemed to have gotten a set number at the beginning of the model year, but the latter half... I cannot believe that it will be any different for the Corvette.

I hate to say it, but GM Canada is insignificant compared to GM USA. Our market is less than 10% the size of the American market, thus we are a very low priority - the Americans needs must be met first. We basically get what is left. In essence, if the sales in the USA increased by 1%, dealer lots here will be empty, waiting for more. If sales dropped 1%, we don't have enough room for the influx of extra vehicles. I've seen this a few times.

Late Spring, 2017, truck sales were booming in the USA. By June, we had 5 measly Silverado on our lot, and it was the same for all dealerships within 1000km of here.

The release of the 2018 Traverse - a top player in its class and turned out to be extremely popular. We got a few to begin, but once they took off we couldn't get one for 3-4 months. We even had an EMPLOYEE order in the system that GM wouldn't accept because they were selling too well in the USA.

I like to be optimistic, saying that we will get plenty of 2020 Corvettes, but the realist in me is saying... not so likely.

We saw this with the C7 ZR1. A handful came to Canada when they were first released, and then that was it. Canada didn't get any more for a year and a half, and yet there was one rolling through the NCM every day, much to our frustration. To a business: Why would they sell them in Canada when they're selling just fine in the USA? We only got a handful more in the summer of 2019 because sales dropped a bit in the USA with the hype for the 2020 C8 Corvette building up.

• Wow
Reactions: OttawaKev
EJChevy we are 100% insignificant. Not just in car market but just about anything. We don’t have the population to be anything more than a pimple on any corporations ass. It makes it even more exciting for those lucky enough to get a C8 in Canada. 👍🏻

Only a handful in Canada so far with confirmed build dates. I was hoping another one would show up here. It's lonely being the only one :cool:

Hoping for this Thursday things will change

I agree. I'm not understanding the hate when I say I'm getting a car. I have an order #. The dealer shows my order # at 3000. Chevrolet.ca chat agrees three times that my order TPW is first week of Feb.

When I say this here all get is trolling. Instead of some nice inquiries.

I have screen shot of my dealers screen plus downloads of three Chevrolet.ca chats.

This is only your word. I have full access to everything that would support your claim, but none of them say that you have an order in Event 3000. Either, GM's system has a serious glitch that makes Cullen not appear in the system, or you are sharing false information.

If you're correct, I'm going to have to reach out to my friends at GM HQ and have this looked into.

Can you please share the screenshot from your dealer so I can send it to someone to have the glitch fixed?

We make every attempt to keep our forum healthy and non combatant. If anyone feels they are the subject of troll talk or any inflammatory or offensive comments, we encourage any members to report such a post and allow us to address it accordingly. That's what that little report tab at the bottom of each post is for.

Odd. I wonder why it's not showing up in the system. I guess I'll have to look into this further. 🤷‍♂️

No hard feelings. As I said, I don't like the spread of false information and there wasn't anything to back up your claim until now. With respect, I'll back off.

It is not a case of ignoring people with the push of a button. If you can't be civil to one another then further steps will be taken. If all you are doing is posting smart ass emojis then do it somewhere else.

Just stop.

I'm perfectly ok with admitting when I have made a mistake, and this appears to be one of those instances.

My intentions were not malice. I apologize if they appeared to come off as such. I was working for the greater good of the forum: to stop the spread of false information (as there are always so many rumours out there).

There were some B.A.D. decisions made (Based on Available Data), and I was unaware of the data that was missing.

The reason for the discrepancy between the allocation at Cullen and what I have seen in GM's system is now clear and makes sense to me.

It's time to accept this scenario for what it is, learn from it, and move on with the intention to not repeat it in the future.

giphy.gif

Alright everyone, let's bring this titanic of a thread (poor choice of similes) back on track. Looks like we do have some orders that have been accepted which is great news for the very lucky few. That's a good news story. Let's not jump to conclusions and keep our Production updates thread less Wild West and more Primrose Garden if we can.

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.