It seems to me that a whole bunch of C7's showed up at my friendly local dealer around Christmas last year.

I've done research on the tire issue. The official line as I think you posted is "nothing below 20 deg F". The interesting (or puzzling), thing is that Michelin's Canadian website has links to both their warranty and their owners manual and nowhere is the "cracking in cold temps" issue mentioned. If it's a potential warranty claim you'd have thought they would have some CYA verbiage. But no, completely silent on it.

Anyway nothing for me to do except wait and see.

This is a transcript from a conversation I had with a Michelin rep on their website:

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:15:26 AM): Hello, I'm Alysha How Can I help you?

null (10/22/2019, 11:15:56 AM): Hello. I'm wondering if I could get any information on storing the Pilot Sport 4S in cold weather.

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:16:42 AM): Tires should always be stored in a clean, cool, dry, indoor environment away from sources of heat and ozone such as hot pipes and electric generators. Be sure that surfaces on which tires are stored are clean and free from grease, gasoline or other substances which could deteriorate the rubber. If storage is for one month or more, eliminate the weight from the tires by raising the vehicle or by removing the tires from the vehicle. Failure to store tires in accordance with these instructions could result in damage to your tires or premature aging of the tires and sudden tire failure.

null (10/22/2019, 11:17:23 AM): What about sub-freezing temperatures? Are the tires safe to be on the vehicle with the vehicle moved?

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:18:44 AM): Michelin Ultra-High Performance (UHP) Sport Summer tires use tread compounds that are optimized for maximum dry and damp grip in temperate conditions. As the temperature of the compound nears freezing, the grip level of the tire begins to degrade. Michelin does not recommend using UHP Sport Summer tires when tire temperatures drop below 40°F (5°C) or on snow and ice. At tire temperatures below 20°F (-7°C) Michelin UHP Sport Summer tires may develop surface cracks in the upper sidewall and tread area if flexed. Do not use, roll, or drop MICHELIN UHP Sport Summer tires with temperatures below 20°F (-7°C). If the tires have been cooled to 20°F (-7°C) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40°F (5°C) before being installed or moving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. Never use a tire with freeze cracks, breaks, or damage to the sidewall or tread. If in any doubt please consult your local Michelin contact or call Michelin Consumer Care at 1-866-866-6605.

null (10/22/2019, 11:19:20 AM): Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I don't know who came up with the idea that ordering will open on November 14th. GM hasn't said anything about this to anyone. They keep us in the dark until it happens. It sounds like speculation to me.

What? C8 speculation? :rofl: Like we haven't lived with that for nearly three years now... Kudos to GM marketing for keeping the hype and speculation peaking this long. And here we thought it might die down a bit after the July reveal... Keep up the banter guys. I'm enjoying this thread. :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: EJChevy
Well I spoke to my dealer (sales rep) the other day about my C8 convertible order. Apparently its been in the GM WorkBench system for some time now. He just didn't forward it to me. I now have it, complete with my order number and I'm still supposed to be one of the first convertibles... whenever that will be.

Do not use, roll, or drop MICHELIN UHP Sport Summer tires with temperatures below 20°F (-7°C). If the tires have been cooled to 20°F (-7°C) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40°F (5°C) before being installed or moving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. Never use a tire with freeze cracks, breaks, or damage to the sidewall or tread. If in any doubt please consult your local Michelin contact or call Michelin Consumer Care at 1-866-866-6605.

yes, thanks for posting this again. I remain baffled as to why there is zero mention of this in their warranty or owners manual.

https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-super-sport.html
warranty
Owners manual

Somehow I would think that all this tyre information should be over in the "tire" thread.
Can't quite figure out how it affects the constraints on the 2020 C8 Canadian production.

It won't have an effect the constraints at all, but it will affect delivery dates for Canadain orders.

Reactions: OttawaKev
It won't have an effect the constraints at all, but it will affect delivery dates for Canadain orders.
Kind of my point EJ. The tyres have nothing to do with the thread.
Plus it has already been pretty well hashed out in the"tire" thread already.
Must be hibernation getting to me already. LOL One month down.
Lucky you! You don't have that problem.

Sorry folks I started this thread as I thought it was a C8 specific question....I just spoke to a fellow at GM who works for their Media and he sounds just as frustrated with the way the Canadian C8 customers are being treated.

I would think a company that had a strike and ALL their vehicles have been backed up would provide better customer information especially for customers that are getting ready to or have already plunked down money on a new vehicle, from a Chevrolet to a Cadillac.

I have been sitting on the sidelines since August and put down $ on the C8 and I find out more information on here on CCF than what GM 1-800-263-3777 which comes up as the CONCIERGE TEAM to help perspective C8 owners.

GM Head Office needs to get into the game here and be more forthcoming with information and updates for customers.

As speaking for myself, I'm about to spend about 100K on a vehicle and you cant tell me squat. Yet lots or all of the information is out there for folks in the states, and more info on here in CCF, than the GM Concierge Line.

Sorry but just my frustration coming out.....anyone have Elon Musks # hahahahah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-150436(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-150436(1).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 15
THAT"S GREAT NEWS!!!! (Fingers Crossed)

Is there a way that dealerships will get notified if they have a vehicle that can be built off this date?

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin they will know next Thursday 12th if they get allocated and the number allocated to event 3000. There could be none - many. At this point who knows. The good thing is they seem to be into April now for TPWs so that eliminates any Z51 summer tire issues for shipping to Canada by the time it crosses the border weather wise ....

• Happy
Reactions: OttawaKev
NOSOUP....Well I am excited I hope that maybe Canadian allotment can go up more than 7 so more of us can get to do our builds we have been waiting for I wish we could get all of them filled :) As for the tires I have a fellow Corvette C8 buyer hopefully he gets his # called as well who will be getting at Non-Z51 and he and I will swap out tires as he will be tracking his.

Cheers,

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.