Cullen > known to stretch truth

Well maybe. But what is so unlikely about ordering 10 in September?

In another thread here we are led to believe by an unrelated party that their annual sales for 2019 were in the 90 range. So is it totally implausible that their initial allocation was 10? I'm not so naive as to think that a salesman always tells the truth.

But.

What does it profit Cullen to tell me 10? or 5? or 15? Nothing. Meaningless to me.

Seems like someone has a hate on.

OK that's good. So what prevents him ordering your car on Nov 14th?
Well its my buddy who owns the dealership and 12 others here in Ottawa not just GM.

So I am well taken care of with him so I will just follow his lead as well as from the information I get from the sales person he has put there to take care of me, as he contacts me on a weekly basis, even if its just to say "Hey how are things"

I have never bought from him before and he was nice enough to place me at the top of his list because he is a solid friend and I know there was a list he did ask me to put some $ down towards it to show I was serious which I had no issues with as it was not all that much.

As I had mentioned I am #1 in his allotment of 3 and from what I have also read here dealers have allotments and their allotments will be released on a month by month basis and it depends on when your number as a dealer comes up.

I actually would not want anything before April or May due to the winter/spring weather.

Cheers,

Kevin

Well you are #68 on their list meaning that they won't be able to enter an order for many months yet. So in a sense they are right. But it's nothing to do with pricing. You and Kev seem obsessed with this.

Let me try again. For you and Kevin.

Dealers are told how many cars they can order. It's called allocation. Cullen ordered 10 in September. The next round is on the 14th Nov. Maybe another 10 for them, I don't know.

You get the picture? At #68 maybe you order would be processed sometime in the summer for delivery later in the year. That part is pure speculation. I still think you are better off with a large dealer like Cullen though.

And for Kevin. If a dealer has no allocation, then I'd think their order would only be processed in a year or 2 when all the early demand has been satisfied by dealers with allocation.

Yes I get it and I am not obsessed. Someone asked what Cullen said so I am just repeating what I was told to me.

Reactions: OttawaKev
^

impossible Cullen had consensus for TEN Sept orders...that's an absolute fact

This.

There are a total of 7 2020 Corvettes in Event 3000 across all of Canada. Each one is from different dealerships, meaning there are 7 dealerships with 1 order accepted by GM. Cullen might have 1 order in place.

Well maybe. But what is so unlikely about ordering 10 in September?

In another thread here we are led to believe by an unrelated party that their annual sales for 2019 were in the 90 range. So is it totally implausible that their initial allocation was 10? I'm not so naive as to think that a salesman always tells the truth.

But.

What does it profit Cullen to tell me 10? or 5? or 15? Nothing. Meaningless to me.

Seems like someone has a hate on.

I would happen to be that unrelated party. We are in a position to have delivered 90, 2019 Corvettes. We received an allocation of 13, 2020 Corvettes for the first 6 months of the model year. We have 1 allocation ordered for the month of September. This came from the 13 for the first 6 months. That means we have 12 left for the first 6 months and an unknown quantity for the other 6 months.

Not sure whether any of that makes sense. Actually it sounds like pure BS.

Firstly, the early cars are being built in February and would not be expected to ship to Canada until late Feb/early March depending on any "holds" of early production cars. Whether they will hold shipping then is a matter of opinion at the moment. Some say it will depend on the weather at the time, others have told me that the tire problems are a thing of the past.

Secondly, what's any of that got to do with ordering now? Ordering for the second round is expected to open on Nov 14th, with cars ordered then not being built until April in all probability.

If your dealer is saying that, it means either:

They don't have any allocation

or

They don't have a clue either.

Is this a large Corvette dealer? Do you have a known position on their list? Do you have a deposit down?

Since 2015, GM has not been shipping Corvette from mid-November to late April as summer tires - yes, even the new ones - freeze solid when temps drop below freezing, which causes permanent damage should the vehicle be moved when it is this cold. All Corvettes built for the Northern States and Canada are held at Bowling Green, KY until the weather warms up in April. This is very likely going to continue for the C8 as GM doesn't want to spend money replacing tires through a situation that is easily avoided.

I don't know who came up with the idea that ordering will open on November 14th. GM hasn't said anything about this to anyone. They keep us in the dark until it happens. It sounds like speculation to me.

This.

There are a total of 7 2020 Corvettes in Event 3000 across all of Canada. Each one is from different dealerships, meaning there are 7 dealerships with 1 order accepted by GM. Cullen might have 1 order in place.

In other words and as already stated by others, I won’t be getting a 2020 Corvette...in 2020 :).

In other words and as already stated by others, I won’t be getting a 2020 Corvette...in 2020 :).

Based on what the pro's here are saying, it looks more likely that it would be a 2021 model. Especially since 2 months were lost to the strike. The factory is going to 2 shifts, so when they get up to speed they're going to be cranking them out, so you never know.

Not much you can do. Being with a large volume dealer is an advantage.

Since 2015, GM has not been shipping Corvette from mid-November to late April as summer tires - yes, even the new ones - freeze solid when temps drop below freezing, which causes permanent damage should the vehicle be moved when it is this cold. All Corvettes built for the Northern States and Canada are held at Bowling Green, KY until the weather warms up in April. This is very likely going to continue for the C8 as GM doesn't want to spend money replacing tires through a situation that is easily avoided.

It seems to me that a whole bunch of C7's showed up at my friendly local dealer around Christmas last year.

I've done research on the tire issue. The official line as I think you posted is "nothing below 20 deg F". The interesting (or puzzling), thing is that Michelin's Canadian website has links to both their warranty and their owners manual and nowhere is the "cracking in cold temps" issue mentioned. If it's a potential warranty claim you'd have thought they would have some CYA verbiage. But no, completely silent on it.

Anyway nothing for me to do except wait and see.

Service Bulletin #13-03-10-001D: Information on Tire Cold Weather Cracking

"The rubber used in these tires loses flexibility and may develop surface cracks in the tire tread/shoulder area at colder temperatures. ...

Important: While the cracking will not result in air loss, it is damaging tot he tire. Tires that have been used in cold climates and exhibit tread cracks should be discarded."

"The Corvette is equipped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP Runflat tires or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZP tires. These tires are ultra high performance, track capable summer tires.

"Avoid driving, moving, or test-driving Corvettes equipped with ... tires below -7C as operating at these temperatures can cause damage to the tires."

• Scared
winter shipping > problem solved :)
Screenshot (141).png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.