Let's not quibble about my sentence structure and possible incorrect use of GM's nomenclature. I'm sure GM will have a production plan laid out and that an order will first have to be unconstrained, and then fit into that production plan. There's also the possibility that dealers are themselves are given a priority for their orders. When the initial status 3000 results came out in the US, it certainly looked that way.

Anyway the good news.......

My order has shifted to a TPW of Feb 2 2020.

Originally Dec 2nd, so it looks like everything is pushed out 2 months.

Let's not quibble about my sentence structure and possible incorrect use of GM's nomenclature. I'm sure GM will have a production plan laid out and that an order will first have to be unconstrained, and then fit into that production plan. There's also the possibility that dealers are themselves are given a priority for their orders. When the initial status 3000 results came out in the US, it certainly looked that way.

Anyway the good news.......

My order has shifted to a TPW of Feb 2 2020.

Originally Dec 2nd, so it looks like everything is pushed out 2 months.

Agreed. Lets not quibble. With what both of us have said, there shouldn't be any confusion to lurkers who come in and read the forums.

I must say: congrats on getting into the first week of production! That's quite some luck.

That being said, if you ordered Z51, you likely won't see it until April or May anyway. That's what I've been telling our customers. Doesn't matter when it's built, unless you have the all-season tires on it.

I'm told that the old problem with some tires cracking in extreme cold has been fixed with the new spec tires, not that it ever applied to sunny Niagara anyway.
So should not affect delivery of my Z51.

Why don't you look into that and see if you can confirm it?

I can't believe it's a matter of the spec of tire, it's a problem with all high performance summer-only tires. Doesn't matter what brand or model, they all suffer the same in sub-freezing temps. It wasn't an issue in previous generation Corvettes because they didn't get "high performance" tires like the C7 or C8.

I just had a chat with Michelin. Below is the transcript.

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:15:26 AM): Hello, I'm Alysha How Can I help you?

null (10/22/2019, 11:15:56 AM): Hello. I'm wondering if I could get any information on storing the Pilot Sport 4S in cold weather.

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:16:42 AM): Tires should always be stored in a clean, cool, dry, indoor environment away from sources of heat and ozone such as hot pipes and electric generators. Be sure that surfaces on which tires are stored are clean and free from grease, gasoline or other substances which could deteriorate the rubber. If storage is for one month or more, eliminate the weight from the tires by raising the vehicle or by removing the tires from the vehicle. Failure to store tires in accordance with these instructions could result in damage to your tires or premature aging of the tires and sudden tire failure.

null (10/22/2019, 11:17:23 AM): What about sub-freezing temperatures? Are the tires safe to be on the vehicle with the vehicle moved?

Alysha T (10/22/2019, 11:18:44 AM): Michelin Ultra-High Performance (UHP) Sport Summer tires use tread compounds that are optimized for maximum dry and damp grip in temperate conditions. As the temperature of the compound nears freezing, the grip level of the tire begins to degrade. Michelin does not recommend using UHP Sport Summer tires when tire temperatures drop below 40°F (5°C) or on snow and ice. At tire temperatures below 20°F (-7°C) Michelin UHP Sport Summer tires may develop surface cracks in the upper sidewall and tread area if flexed. Do not use, roll, or drop MICHELIN UHP Sport Summer tires with temperatures below 20°F (-7°C). If the tires have been cooled to 20°F (-7°C) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40°F (5°C) before being installed or moving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. Never use a tire with freeze cracks, breaks, or damage to the sidewall or tread. If in any doubt please consult your local Michelin contact or call Michelin Consumer Care at 1-866-866-6605.

null (10/22/2019, 11:19:20 AM): Thank you!

Reactions: GM MUSL
Thanks for that.

I guess the follow-on question is whether or not that would prevent GM shipping Z51 cars to Ontario in March. After all we are not as cold as many northern US states. I will make further enquiries.

Thanks for that.

I guess the follow-on question is whether or not that would prevent GM shipping Z51 cars to Ontario in March. After all we are not as cold as many northern US states. I will make further enquiries.

It's all going to depend on the weather. One year, we saw them as early as mid-March, another year it wasn't until late April. They don't use a set date, it's played out by ear.

I was just told this from my dealership.

"They have stopped shipping to Canada for the winter. We may be able to order in January and see it for spring."

Kevin

Not sure whether any of that makes sense. Actually it sounds like pure BS.

Firstly, the early cars are being built in February and would not be expected to ship to Canada until late Feb/early March depending on any "holds" of early production cars. Whether they will hold shipping then is a matter of opinion at the moment. Some say it will depend on the weather at the time, others have told me that the tire problems are a thing of the past.

Secondly, what's any of that got to do with ordering now? Ordering for the second round is expected to open on Nov 14th, with cars ordered then not being built until April in all probability.

If your dealer is saying that, it means either:

They don't have any allocation

or

They don't have a clue either.

Is this a large Corvette dealer? Do you have a known position on their list? Do you have a deposit down?

Last edited:
" We may be able to order in January and see it for spring."

Kevin

I should have commented on this even more obvious indication that whoever was saying this was completely clueless about the C8 situation.

Ordering in January might get you a car for the spring of 2021. That's if they have any allocation at all, which I doubt.

Find the biggest Corvette dealer in Ottawa and try again.

Last edited:
Not sure whether any of that makes sense. Actually it sounds like pure BS.

Firstly, the early cars are being built in February and would not be expected to ship to Canada until late Feb/early March depending on any "holds" of early production cars. Whether they will hold shipping then is a matter of opinion at the moment. Some say it will depend on the weather at the time, others have told me that the tire problems are a thing of the past.

Secondly, what's any of that got to do with ordering now? Ordering for the second round is expected to open on Nov 14th, with cars ordered then not being built until April in all probability.

If your dealer is saying that, it means either:

They don't have any allocation

or

They don't have a clue either.

Is this a large Corvette dealer? Do you have a known position on their list? Do you have a deposit down?
The Canadian GM order site does not even have option pricing on check off boxes...I sat in the chair and it listed all the options you could choose yet there was no costing beside them.

The Canadian GM order site does not even have option pricing on check off boxes...I sat in the chair and it listed all the options you could choose yet there was no costing beside them.

The pricing is out there. Look at the thread on this forum on the subject. For whatever reason GM Canada has not finalised it. Probably not a priority since there were so few Canadian allocations in the first round.

Got nothing to do with the issue of ordering. Canadian Corvette dealers with allocation were able to submit orders in the first round in early September.

Mine was one of them.

Just because your dealer has a computer and access to GM's system, doesn't mean they can get an order actioned.

Yes you can see some pricing as this shows but nothing when you get down to specifics from the order system I was looking at and even when we called the Oshawa Concierge # they had no information in their end either as others had posted I think it was EJ there were only 7 that were processed.

Attachments

• 2020 Corvette Pricing Guide.pdf
    721.8 KB · Views: 11
Just to update. Cullen told me the same thing. That pricing isn’t even official in their order system. Said I could enter an order if I wanted to but it wouldn’t mean much and I would have to re-enter once all the official pricing was formalized in the system.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Just to update. Cullen told me the same thing. That pricing isn’t even official in their order system. Said I could enter an order if I wanted to but it wouldn’t mean much and I would have to re-enter once all the official pricing was formalized in the system.

Well you are #68 on their list meaning that they won't be able to enter an order for many months yet. So in a sense they are right. But it's nothing to do with pricing. You and Kev seem obsessed with this.

Let me try again. For you and Kevin.

Dealers are told how many cars they can order. It's called allocation. Cullen ordered 10 in September. The next round is on the 14th Nov. Maybe another 10 for them, I don't know.

You get the picture? At #68 maybe you order would be processed sometime in the summer for delivery later in the year. That part is pure speculation. I still think you are better off with a large dealer like Cullen though.

And for Kevin. If a dealer has no allocation, then I'd think their order would only be processed in a year or 2 when all the early demand has been satisfied by dealers with allocation.

Cullen ordered 10 in Sept
Cullen > known to stretch truth
giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
I should have commented on this even more obvious indication that whoever was saying this was completely clueless about the C8 situation.

Ordering in January might get you a car for the spring of 2021. That's if they have any allocation at all, which I doubt.

Find the biggest Corvette dealer in Ottawa and try again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.