Actually, production of the C7 has ended completely. The last week of August was the last week of production.
^That's false ^
September 10th quote from a large US dealer...shortly before the strike.
"We have a few being built the week of 9/30"
Currently 2 weeks behind schedule due to the strike...last C7 has yet to leave the building!

^That's false ^
September 10th quote from a large US dealer...shortly before the strike.
"We have a few being built the week of 9/30"
Currently 2 weeks behind schedule due to the strike...last C7 has yet to leave the building!

Really!?

Just did some digging. While I cannot find anything stating the exact end week, there are a few sources claiming production ended this month.

Doesn't really matter. A sad goodbye to a great car. GM really did an amazing job with the C7. Looks, performance, price, ease of ownership. Everything I would expect from a wonderful sports car. Love my car, even though I'm falling for the C8. There may be a sibling in the stable in a year or two.

Doesn't really matter. A sad goodbye to a great car. GM really did an amazing job with the C7. Looks, performance, price, ease of ownership. Everything I would expect from a wonderful sports car. Love my car, even though I'm falling for the C8. There may be a sibling in the stable in a year or two.
I'm not sad. As the last of the only American front engine classic sports car, especially being the generation they did everything that matters right, the C7 will stay popular and a classic forever... JMO...

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller and tyho
Felt like sharing:

One of my managers just informed me that he has looked in the GM production/ordering system to see who has orders in across Canada.

Last Saturday was the first day orders were being accepted from Canada.

Currently there are 7 orders from Canada in the system.

If you have an order for a 2020 Corvette and it is in Event 3000, congratulations, you will have one of the first 7 ever assembled for the Canadian market!

Hello, I'm new here. Led to this forum by a comment I saw on another one referencing this quote.

Anyway, my order is one of the 7 mentioned above I believe.

Car will be a SGM on black with Z51 and MRC.

Looking forward to the extra excitement of summer tires in winter.

And hearing from anyone else with a car in the first batch.

I can reccomend the "chat" function on the Chevrolet.ca site. Given the order # they will give a status update.

My order as moved up to the first planned week of production - Dec 2nd 2019, although probably now delayed somewhat by the strike.

I have a question. I have my name on a waiting list with one of the larger Canadian Corvette dealers. I have been tracking with him on status of pricing for the Canadian C8 along with when ordering can begin. I see references in this forum about some people that have orders in yet the dealer is telling me “no official pricing yet” and no orders being submitted yet.

So need to know, am I being handed a line or are the folks in this forum having dreams about having orders in already?

First round orders were submitted prior to finalisation of Canadian pricing back in early September. So pricing did not prevent order submission.

(Canadian pricing was pretty well finalised some time ago anyway, all but the dealer-installed options portion).

Dealers were given allocations and told how many they could order in the first round. My dealer ordered 10. These are all customer orders. Because of constraints and production line scheduling, the orders are then given a "tentative production week" - TPW. My car was one of the first from Canada to be given a TPW of early December (again prior to the strike).

Then the strike put a hold on the second round of ordering which was to have happened in early October. So that is the current hold-up.

If your dealer is open with you they will tell you their estimated allocation for the year, and where you stand in terms of your position on the list. The US dealers seem more willing to do this.

The fact that your dealer says "no orders submitted yet" means to me that they had zero initial allocation of cars. If their statement is true that is. Either way it's not a great sign.

Did you put a deposit down? When? Where are you on their list?

Last edited:
First round orders were submitted prior to finalisation of Canadian pricing back in early September. So pricing did not prevent order submission.

(Canadian pricing was pretty well finalised some time ago anyway, all but the dealer-installed options portion).

Dealers were given allocations and told how many they could order in the first round. My dealer ordered 10. These are all customer orders. Because of constraints and production line scheduling, the orders are then given a "tentative production week" - TPW. My car was one of the first from Canada to be given a TPW of early December (again prior to the strike).

Then the strike put a hold on the second round of ordering which was to have happened in early October. So that is the current hold-up.

If your dealer is open with you they will tell you their allocation for the year, how it's split up by round, and where you stand in terms of your position on the list. The US dealers seem more willing to do this.

IMO it's deceptive to take orders and deposits without having the allocation to satisfy them. So if they refuse to tell you, you might consider shopping around.

The fact that your dealer says "no orders submitted yet" means to me that they had zero initial allocation of cars. If their statement is true that is. Either way it's not a great sign.

Did you put a deposit down? When? Where are you on their list?

Yes deposit is down and I was told I was #68 on the list which I know is a long list but this dealer touts being the biggest corvette dealer in Ontario. Before he took my deposit I asked if there was any chance of me even getting a car for next year and he said his GM rep told him not to stop taking orders and that they would be able to fill them. I am calling them tomorrow to ask about their allocation. I don’t understand why he isn’t confirming pricing when Canadian pricing seems to be plastered all over.

I don't think Robert is talking about those guys. Got the impression it was a smaller dealer. Interested to know though.

As for pricing, the second GM release covering options was headed "preliminary" and not for customer use. So unless GM have confirmed, the dealer is technically correct. Not sure why the constant mentions of pricing though. What's the issue? It's not like Robert's order is happening any time soon.

As for being #68 on a list, I guess it depends on whose list as to whether Robert could get a car in 2020. Being that far down though I'd think it's doubtful. Maybe if it's one of the top 2?

Also, allocations for the full year have not been released yet, I don't believe. And dealers my be reluctant to talk. Being #68 Robert is not going to be in anyone's 1st half allocations,

If the dealer can reasonably expect, say 70 allocations in 2020, then Robert stands a chance. If that number is 30 then obviously not.

Last edited:
Well, they are car salesmen.

Robert said

........... the dealer is telling me “no official pricing yet” and no orders being submitted yet.

The smiling faces belong to a dealer that has submitted orders. Salesmen could bend the truth obviously, but I'm not sure why they would conceal that. Maybe Robert has been told "no further orders at this time", which would be true. Or maybe it's a different dealer.

Last edited:
And Robert would be much better off getting hooked by one of them, where there is at least a chance of getting an order filled in 2020, than some smaller dealer raking in orders without anything like enough allocation to fill them.

May I chime in here?

The only OFFICIAL pricing to be released to date are the prices of each trim level (1LT, 2LT, 3LT), the price of the Z51 Performance Package, Dual-Mode Performance Exhaust and the Front Lift system.

All other pricing released TO DEALERSHIPS (not directly to the public, though it has leaked) is to be used as a guide only and is not a final price. It is subject to change.

As of today, there have only been seven (7) 2020 Corvettes ordered with TPW across all of Canada. Any dealership saying they have submitted 10 may have done so, but only one, if any, were accepted into EVENT 3000.

Each dealership has a 1st Phase (first half) allocation. This was given to them back in late July. Any dealership saying they have 2nd Phase allocation is lying through their teeth.

As for being in position #68 and getting a 2020 - I'm not going to really say much. Everyone seems to be guesstimating that Canada will receive 2000, 2020 Corvettes. If this is true, then a high volume dealership getting 70+ is certainly plausible.

Nothing there contradicts what I said.

"As for pricing, the second GM release covering options was headed "preliminary" and not for customer use. So unless GM have confirmed, the dealer is technically correct."

And as for dealer allocations, even if not known, it won't stop them taking an order, will it?

A dealership would have been given an allocation for the first round in September (say 10), submitted orders for 10, but if some or most of those specs are subject to restraints they didn't get a TPW yet. Nothing mysterious about that.

I only know about my order.

My order # was given to me, and I separately confirmed a TPW with GM Canada using that order#. So, I have reason to believe that my car is one of the seven. After the strike has ended I'll be asking again for my new TPW.

Last edited:
"A dealership would have been given an allocation for the first round in September (say 10), submitted orders for 10, but if some or most of those specs are subject to restraints they didn't get a TPW yet. Nothing mysterious about that. "

This is what I'm contradicting.

Dealerships did not receive allocations in those numbers in September. The constraints are not what are holding back orders. Your dealership would have received allocation for 10 in July. Consider it a 'preliminary' allocation. Just a number saying how many they will get throughout the first half of the model year. If you have received a TPW, it's because you were first in line at your dealership and they were lucky enough to receive one of the first 7 official allocations to Canada.

If you are indeed one of the first 7, your dealership would already have received an updated TPW.

We have 1 order in through GM and 15 orders sitting in our system with an allocation of 13 from July. The original TPW was January 2. It has since moved to March 8. Of the orders in our system, less than half have specifications that are constrained.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.