In the mailbox today ... I am not advocating nor endorsing these but Canadian Tire has them on sale 30May19 thru to 05Jun19

I use the ($400) Motorola 2-way which is not for everyone ... as I use it for Marine, Auto and for when Costco Shopping with the wife 🤣

C1D51A59-20DA-4CD8-9E9B-2C6BDA9B1B4C.jpeg

Mine for 100 bucks do not go one half mile, if you buy don’t blame me they are junk, use them for setting wind flags at 200 yards and they are not clear at 200 yards and mine were good for 48kms. What a joke

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Ya, if some get two radios great. I wanna try something this year as there will be 25-30 cars looks like.

Make sure you get the ones that have a sub channel option.

We will be trying Zello or another app two way you download to your phone too.

B

Yes Jeff, they should NOT be allowed to advertise more then 1-2 km if that.

I purchased the Motorola 454's. A bit pricey but bought as an investment. Looking forward to trying out on this trip. I'm sure they will get a workout on the Bowling Green Caravan.

Reactions: YFCvii
BREAKING NEWS !! Ok - it is smoky in edmonton - I just called a petro can in Jasper and someone said sunny and no smoke / high level is east of the mountains 🏔 so we can hope for sunny smoke free Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise weekend June 21-23 !!!

BREAKING NEWS !! Ok - it is smoky in edmonton - I just called a petro can in Jasper and someone said sunny and no smoke / high level is east of the mountains 🏔 so we can hope for sunny smoke free Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise weekend June 21-23 !!!

got my order in already,

Perhaps everyone could respond to Brian, it only takes a minute and then our hosts can plan and if we make our hosts happy 😃 we get better food

Thanks folks.

I have 15 emails to read on food requests and Ziggy and Marno both text me with their requests . will be going through the emails this weekend. Been busy this week....

Oh, smoke advisory now for Jasper but I see lots of rain in the next weeks forecast... have to hope it will get better.

B

Update as of Today May 31st

Friday June 21st 3 rooms left at Quality Inn host hotel ( your welcome to book any where in Hinton if you so wish - or this one sells out ) Not sure on other locations availability.

Saturday June 22nd 5 rooms left at David Thompson Resort ( no place to stay nearby .... book ASAP if your going ! )

ALSO, just asked a friend who lives in the Mountains how the smoke is.. she said a bit but not bad. another guy said it is not bad and suppose to get better this weekend

Hoping for it to be not bad......need BC to stay fire free! ... please..

B

Last edited:
OK, I just went through the emails.

updated ... around 80% voted so far.
Roast Beef 10 votes
Ribs 16 votes
Menu 11 votes

about 10 never replied yet.

Now, I did say a 1/4 rack of ribs is small and said maybe to have an optional 1/4 addition... she said good idea.

Now, the options are still in the works... not sure if there is enough votes for a roast... will see what she says.

B

Last edited:
REVISED Calgary/Airdrie and Area Launch on June 21st, 2019 10am
to the 2019 Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise
Launching Friday June 21st at 10am in Airdrie at
STARBUCKS Parking Lot (arrive by 9:45am)
#101 – 114 Sierra Springs Drive SE Airdrie

We will Cruise to Red Deer East Highway Mile A&W

and meet with Red Deer Corvettes around 11:30am.

Please advise who will be meeting us there and who is meeting us in Red Deer. Should something

be arranged to meet people from Edmonton leaving on the Friday along the way?

IMG_3584.PNG

IMG_3635.PNG

Everyone going on the cruise..... please download this app. ONLINE WALKIE TALKIE PRO

it will be a way to communicate will everyone even if your miles away. The reviews are ok... they have been improving it.

Paul and I tried it from Red Deer to Edmonton last year and it was decent ( the $300-400 ones don't have this range ) ..... if you switch from Global to Local there is no one on it from Canada

There is another one that starts with a "Z" yellow Ken T told me about but you have to add each person. Na, too much work. Need spelling of everyone's handle and so on.... na

We will be trying this one when we have cell service...... and two way radios when no cell service.

Download to have

3G in Hinton kinda sucks to LTE.... feels slow even though it is high speed.

B

Last edited:
Food Saturday night.... Both options will be served ( each option was a 50/50 split - kinda an even 1/3rd split with menu option ) - AVAILABLE TO US ..... the Roast Beef option and the 1/4 rack of ribs and those wanting a 1/2 rack can add an extra 1/4 rack if they wish. Menu too if you picked menu in the survey

Food Saturday night.... Both options will be served ( each option was a 50/50 split - kinda an even 1/3rd split with menu option ) - AVAILABLE TO US ..... the Roast Beef option and the 1/4 rack of ribs and those wanting a 1/2 rack can add an extra 1/4 rack if they wish. Menu too if you picked menu in the survey
so we can have what we want lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread