Mom and I think we are going to join. Anyone driving to Hinton from the Red Deer/Calgary are interested in “car pooling”?

There is a few from Calgary getting together to drive.....

Soon maybe I will start a Calgary to Hinton thread for the drive info and a Edmonton to Hinton thread too....

I sent you a PM too with hotel info..... and moved the info up too in the first post of the thread.

Brian

Everyone going.... can you PLEASE Send me via PM your email address and cell phone and full name if I don't know you. I have started a MS Word doc with most people listed as going or maybes.

I need to speak to everyone on Saturday night dinner. I have pictures of the Menu.. that will go to you in the email... a BCC one

Right now we have 48 people ( and Dennis and Bonnie might be added if they can make it work ) and the restaurant hold 60 people. She said we can have it for ourselves. I will explain more in email the questions I have. The owner wants dinner to be enjoyable and we have some idea's to discuss.

I do have a printout list of everyone that made reservations and said they were with the Corvette event.

I will be emailing the route text to everyone 1-3 days before the event. You can print it and have it just in case your running late Saturday am if your leaving then.

OH, I left at 6am this past Sunday so did the long day to save one night. I was ok when I arrived at DTR. It can be done.

Brian

Last edited:
There is a few from Calgary getting together to drive.....

Soon maybe I will start a Calgary to Hinton thread for the drive info and a Edmonton to Hinton thread too....

I sent you a PM too with hotel info..... and moved the info up too in the first post of the thread.

Brian
yes, this would be good. Cody and us are leaving from Calgary together. i am sure there are more as well.

yes, this would be good. Cody and us are leaving from Calgary together. i am sure there are more as well.

@thomigun

I would say maybe start a thread in this Alberta section named 2019 Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise - CALGARY DEPARTURE to RED DEER to HINTON and do your planning on when your gonna leave and from where.

copy and paste into a thread you manage

2019 Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise - CALGARY DEPARTURE to RED DEER to HINTON

Brian

OH, there are tons of photo stop locations in the Jasper area .... I have tons of idea's I made notes of with km noted between stops.

There won't be too many as they take time..... but some.... and then the surprises too...

Brian

Reactions: YFCvii
must look away as I can't go :( (try to)

Maybe in 2 years we can do Jasper again.... I think I found a reasonably priced place 5 min south of Jasper....... maybe you can do that one.

I will say I was really impressed with stuff I found and noticed this past weekend in Jasper. I found photo shoot locations for maybe 2-3 tears of Jasper area mountain cruises.

Paul has idea's for 2020 already... and I have idea's for 2021.. just idea's... nothing confirmed yet..... and maybe I will have a 2019 ZR1 by 2021 haha

B

Last edited:
Just checked.... there was a fire that started just west of Edson on Sunday - I must have went by the area just prior.

Looks like it is being held...... hope so.

Brian

WILDFIRE SITUATION | May 21, 2019

Edson Forest Area:

EWF-033 (pictured at 2:53 p.m. on May 20) began just on the south side of Highway 16 south of Marlboro and quickly jumped across the highway, prompting an evacuation of some homes in the area yesterday.

Residents are no longer on Evacuation Alert Notice. Livestock and pets can be returned to the area. Please visit the Alberta Emergency Alerts Website.

The fire is now Being Held at an estimated 65 hectares.

The wildfire is burning but is not expected to grow any larger, given current weather conditions and resources fighting the fire. Crews and equipment are working on hotspots. The fire has been 100% dozer-guarded in order to contain the fire within its perimeter.
Since March 1, 2019 there have been 38 wildfires in the Edson F

Last edited:
As long as it is not a "Smokey Mountain Cruise" it will be great.
20180818_141830.jpg

Everyone going.... can you PLEASE Send me via PM your email address and cell phone and full name if I don't know you. I have started a MS Word doc with most people listed as going or maybes.

I need to speak to everyone on Saturday night dinner. I have pictures of the Menu.. that will go to you in the email... a BCC one

Right now we have 48 people ( and Dennis and Bonnie might be added if they can make it work ) and the restaurant hold 60 people. She said we can have it for ourselves. I will explain more in email the questions I have. The owner wants dinner to be enjoyable and we have some idea's to discuss.

I do have a printout list of everyone that made reservations and said they were with the Corvette event.

I will be emailing the route text to everyone 1-3 days before the event. You can print it and have it just in case your running late Saturday am if your leaving then.

OH, I left at 6am this past Sunday so did the long day to save one night. I was ok when I arrived at DTR. It can be done.

Brian
OK, we're booked. See you Sat morning.

Reactions: rockitman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread