@LE BARON look forward to seeing you there! We have 63 cars booked right now from Western Canada and there are quite a few from central BC signed up with the Pacific Northwest Caravan. As with most caravans we want to make it more than a drive. We have side trips and are actually staying an extra day in Rapid city to allow everyone to tour the sites. the main few are Mount Rushmore, Sturgis and the Needles Highway. I'll pm you my contact info. @Baby Ray , @rockitman, plus many more that I'm not familiar with their CCF handles!

@Dantanman there is still room and time to join the party. If you haven't already visit corvettecaravan.com and also on facebook for the latter and the 2019 Western Canada Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green.
Would be a nice "MITM" for this year

Reactions: rockitman
JEFF, 15 wombs left ( 15 rooms left for the rest of us ) for Saturday night...... no holds on any rooms Saturday.

Saturday night is important to book now as if a bus tour needs to stay they could take all the rooms. She said the odd bus does stay there.

Brian

PS, bus in this picture....

img3.fdff5cc9.jpg

Last edited:
nice...... we will be down to 10 or less rooms for Saturday night....... keep the bookings happening.

I will continue to work on my surprises..... I have a few doozies working on that will make this Mountain Cruise amazing!!!

Brian

nice...... we will be down to 10 or less rooms for Saturday night....... keep the bookings happening.

I will continue to work on my surprises..... I have a few doozies working on that will make this Mountain Cruise amazing!!!

Brian
My buddy Dane left a message yesterday to book so probably 9 or less left! Update He and his partner Cory and his mistress 09 ZL1 are confirmed at DTR

Last edited:
Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
April 4th, 2019 UPDATE

2019 Rocky Mountain Cruise – Jasper
June 21st 6pm start to June 23, 2019

UPDATE on rooms as of April 4th, 2019

Friday night. 8 rooms booked 20-25 rooms available... 10 of those 20-25 are blocked till May 21st or us ( I know a bunch are driving in Sat am )

Saturday night 17 rooms booked - 12 rooms available ... no holds on Saturday night rooms.... best to book soon!!!

Saturday night is important to book. or you will have to bring a tent. :) I know people who are going but haven't booked yet... maybe they have a yellow tent as a back up plan ;)

General overview of the weekend
Our trip this year will start in Hinton, Alberta and travel towards Jasper. For travelers from the southern part of the province we have Friday hotel accommodations set up and supper social will be a Mr. Mikes Steakhouse starting at 6pm. Other restaurants are available as well.
Saturday morning our trip will include stops at Maligne Canyon and possibly Pyramid Lake( still in the works ). We will continue down the Icefields Parkway with stops along the way. Saturday evening will be spent at the David Thompson Resort. This is 35 minutes east of Saskatchewan Crossing along Highway 11. This is a beautiful location close to Abraham Lake and has many amenities so something for everyone.

Sunday is still in the works. Guessing the Calgary group might go back to Sask Crossing and south... that is still up in the air.

OH, you can branch off from the Cruise at anytime. Just let one of us know so we don't worry. If you want to do the Friday night and Saturday day/night part and do your own idea's Sunday .. sure. Hint, Emerald Lake is only 20 min west of Lake Louise.... it is an amazing place... so peaceful ... might be an idea for some for Sunday..... Most in this group last year said amazing even with the smoke.

When Booking your rooms please use:
Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise
This will assure you get the rates below.

To date we have the following people booked and coming for the cruise. Possible 20-25 so far! ( some names not in this list, still have to merge lists ) right now between CCF and AB Corvettes Facebook I have counted 23-25 Corvettes, one Ford and 22 maybes on the Facebook group. Guessing the odd might drop out - amount will fluctuate til closer to the event.
  1. @2009CGMZR1
  2. @RockyPM
  3. @Jeffer2013
  4. @thomigun
  5. @Rruuff Day
  6. @1FNRIDE
  7. @turbozig
  8. Janke's
  9. Gordon Ross
Travelling in on Saturday
  1. @Baby Ray
  2. Cunnigham's
  3. Labrecque's
  4. Ammann's
  5. Hunt's
  6. @SVWC
  7. @Dantanman
Maybe's
  1. @Darrellg1
  2. @Jr. Corvette
I have been working on this cruise for the past 1-2 months. Things are almost together - just the Saturday lunch to finalize, Paul and myself are in talks right now with one place and I have a back up place too.

I have 80-90% of the route planned as I spent the last Sept long weekend getting ideas. Now, this year I won't be posting the route and details to try confuse people less ( other reasons too ) . I will decide just before how I will let everyone know.

This is Paul's event, he started it in 2013 I think it was but he asked me to take it over last year to help him and this year ( we have planned it together for the past 4-5 years actually ) cause he has so much going on with the National Caravan being the big boss

The 2019 Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise will begin Friday June 21st in Hinton, AB. Host hotel Quality Inn & Suites,Hinton 780-865-5255 ( 24 hour cancellation allowed $209 rate / $227 all in ) and a group booking under Corvette Rocky Mountain Cruise . 782 Carmichael Ln, Hinton, AB T7V 0A6

UPDATE 20-25 rooms left for Friday night/ when you book they do not charge your credit card... 24 hour cancellation... better to book now and decide later.

You can stay at any Hotel / motel you want in Hinton... some are cheaper.

Friday night social 1-2 blocks from host hotel has been confirmed starting at 6-7pm area ( children allowed - we do get 1-2 teens attending at times ).

Saturday June 22nd at 9:30am we will leave the west side of Hinton, AB and head west into the park gates. Saturday lunch is in the process of being confirmed ( we have 2 locations picked, working on one right now ). Saturday after lunch we will fuel up in Jasper ( top off as gas stations limited on our afternoon route - Petro Can in Jasper does have 94 octane fuel ) and then be heading south on Hwy 93 with a few drives and stops off the hwy - ending up arriving Saturday around 6-7pm at David Thompson Resort ( DTR ) Location AB-11, Cline River, AB near Abraham Lake David Thompson Resort

NOTE: after we are south of Jasper we lose cellular service till the Saturday night resort, the owner at DTR said it is spotty but people do get cell service closer to the lake ... so tell family and friends that Saturday afternoon you might not be contactable so they don't worry... plan to remind people at drivers meeting and add to the agenda to notify friends

David Thompson Resort rooms have bar fridges and coffee makers .. all rooms have 2 queen beds

Breakfast included Sunday am in room rate.

David Thompson Resort 403-721-2103 ( two week cancellation , $189 room rate plus taxes ) which is about 30 minutes east of Sask Crossing location on Abraham Lake with dinner in the Restaurant after check in.

UPDATE - waiting for a call to get an update on rooms left.

IMPORTANT !!! Please book the Saturday night room ASAP... the owner said they get the odd tour bus booking that may stay overnight ( they have a picture with a large bus ) she said if they want rooms for that night they can't hold them for us anymore. David Thompson Resort 403-721-2103 The lady did say there was 15-20 rooms left as of two weeks ago - still act soon to book. They are closed now for the winter but a lady will return your voicemail within a day or two. The Aurum Lodge is near but not many rooms there.. think 5 rooms total

The actual route will be handed out Friday night / Saturday am as 80% is planned and some are pending to roads being open a week before event. Please book rooms ASAP for Saturday night, Friday nights rooms held till May 21st, 2019 / Saturday night rooms are open as of now, not held so book soon.

NOTE... You can leave early Sat am if you do not wish to overnight Friday night but Friday night rooms are needed for some from Red Deer and Calgary as too far of a drive Saturday am.

ALSO MUCH OF THE ROUTE HAS BEEN REPAVED LAST YEAR OR LAST FEW YEARS - I DID A TEST RUN LAST SEPTEMBER LONG WEEKEND / THE ONLY CONSTRUCTION IS THE HINTON PARK GATE TWINNED ROAD THAT WILL BE DONE IN MAY AND SASK CROSSING PARK GATE - NOT SURE OF COMPLETION DATE

A few surprises in the works.... need to attend the event to find out about them... or be in them ;) hint LOL

You are responsible to make your own room bookings for the weekend - act soon please

UPDATE: Breakfast included both mornings at host hotels

Re-read this area as I will update it as I think of more things and updates happen.

This also has been posted on Alberta Corvettes Facebook Page.... between the two groups CCF and AB C FB we should see maybe 25 Corvettes... time will tell

Someone called into book and used a different name and they set up a new group booking..... then there was two. I used CMC to be shorter and forgot to add rocky.

I asked them to combine both names into one and that wasn't done... just one deleted.

Everyone just ask till they find the group... the rate goes from $269 down to $209.

Yes, Hinton rooms are getting a bit pricey... Edson was cheaper but that one extra hour drive cuts into our time in the mountains.

You can book any motel/hotel in Hinton... some are cheaper but the parking wasn't as good.

The host hotel/resort is a block or so from the Friday night social event. I inquired with some hotels in east Hinton that were a bit cheaper but not much for food as they are kinda industrial east Hinton.

$209 is way cheaper then Jasper rates...OH, last September I checked on rooms.... most places had 1-3 room left for Friday or Saturday... Pocahontas by the Jasper Park Gate had only 2 rooms left for Saturday night last fall...... Jasper you need to almost book 2 years in advance....

Even Sask Crossing resort was almost full for this weekend last fall... I was like really.

Our rooms way cheaper then the Lake Louise, Banff or Jasper rates.... doing the best I can

Now, rooms are blocked for Friday night.... but not anymore for Saturday night....... book the Saturday night rooms fast.... she said if a tour bus needs a bunch of rooms they could take them. Maybe now there won't be enough with our bookings people have done.. should be ok. She held the rooms for about a month ( mid Feb when Paul posted to mid March ).... sorry the day I had the rooms finally set up I was flying to Las Vegas an hour later then had a crazy cold for 2 weeks after, had to get my business year end into the accountant and things have just been a zoo for the past 1-2 months.

So, please get to booking rooms ASAP.... Hinton has more options ..... Saturday night does not.

I will contact the 2 places to get an update on rooms over the coming days.

88 days and 7 hours away!!! ( as of March 24th )

I have 87 days to build my custom surprise and test it. Don't ask Rocky PM what it is ... he doesn't know.

Please post below if you think your going and not listed in the first post.

Brian

View attachment 23726

Here’s the current Details (To be added as plans finalized)
Friday, June 21, 2019 – For people travelling longer distances

Quality Inns & Suites, 782 Carmichael Lane, Hinton, AB T7V 0A6, Hinton. Phone: 780-865-5255...
Yes my wife Lynn and I are interested in this cruise, as we live in Airdrie we would probably leave Friday is there anyone
Calgary and our area that we could cruise to Hinton with. Maybe someone is setting a meeting place. Please advise if you
have any info. Is there still rooms available. Sorry for the questions as I am sure you have enough to do.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: YFCvii
Hi @Wayne07Z51, the post above from Brian says there is rooms available. I'm planning on driving up Friday as well and based in Red Deer. I'll work to get some information out as i know here are others traveling from our neck of the woods and I have a scenic way to get there!

Yes my wife Lynn and I are interested in this cruise, as we live in Airdrie we would probably leave Friday is there anyone
Calgary and our area that we could cruise to Hinton with. Maybe someone is setting a meeting place. Please advise if you
have any info. Is there still rooms available. Sorry for the questions as I am sure you have enough to do.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Wayne,

Thomas and I will be heading up from Calgary to Hinton on Friday as well. He had mentioned meeting up with some guys outside of Calgary. We should start a group on here so guys in Calgary can discuss a meet up point and time.

Reactions: YFCvii and thomigun
Hey Wayne,

Thomas and I will be heading up from Calgary to Hinton on Friday as well. He had mentioned meeting up with some guys outside of Calgary. We should start a group on here so guys in Calgary can discuss a meet up point and time.

Hey Cody, what time are you guys thinking of leaving Calgary or Airdrie? i will be going that day as well but might as well link up and travel together. Have to plan for escape form work.

I haven't mentioned much about Sunday am.

Possibly leave the David Thompson Resort ( not too early, for some Sat will be a long day - maybe around 9:30-10:30 am ..... TBD ) and head west to do another photo shoot ( different from the Saturday one - one is one of the surprises ) at Abraham Lake ( only 5-10 min away ) and then after that head a bit west for some surprises. This is optional to everyone and what is planned will be mentioned Saturday afternoon or evening ( could be 1-4 hours long and you can do as much as you want )

I think everyone or most will be excited with what I am working on.

Paul M does know what I am working on - 3 surprises ( he has sworn to silence so don't ask him haha ) and he is excited about the idea's - one I am still customizing now.

Brian

I haven't mentioned much about Sunday am.

Possibly leave the David Thompson Resort ( not too early, for some Sat will be a long day - maybe around 9:30-10:30 am ..... TBD ) and head west to do another photo shoot ( different from the Saturday one - one is one of the surprises ) at Abraham Lake ( only 5-10 min away ) and then after that head a bit west for some surprises. This is optional to everyone and what is planned will be mentioned Saturday afternoon or evening ( could be 1-4 hours long and you can do as much as you want )

I think everyone or most will be excited with what I am working on.

Paul M does know what I am working on - 3 surprises ( he has sworn to silence so don't ask him haha ) and he is excited about the idea's - one I am still customizing now.

Yes West is good 😁. My
buddy is bringing his high end drone, should be able to get some great footage to share.

No drone footage allowed in the parks. I tried a 80-90gr Tello that is under the TC regulations and Parks Canada still said no last year. Guess they don't have rules that start at 250g

I have a monster DJI 900 mm UAV that handles the high winds in mountains but not sure if I am bringing it.

I flew my drone in 2013 or 2014 on the Mountain cruise at Sask crossing when the rules were not in place.

DTR is out of the park but near a heli pad... maybe it can be used in places but not suppose to fly near roadways either.

Major wind gusts can happen around Abraham Lake..... I know this.. I could not control mine and it crashed into the side of a mountain a few years back ( rebuilt it and it flies again )... we don't need any Corvettes getting damaged... and I was flying in a legal spot even with the rules.

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: Dantanman
I will make sure he is aware which I believe he already is (we are surrounded by 5 parks). I have seen cheap ones flying over car shows (mostly banned now) and I just cringed. I don't think he would ever endanger his precious ZR1 or anyone elses car but thanks for the heads up .

I will make sure he is aware which I believe he already is (we are surrounded by 5 parks). I have seen cheap ones flying over car shows (mostly banned now) and I just cringed. I don't think he would ever endanger his precious ZR1 or anyone elses car but thanks for the heads up .

Paul M and I seen a guy flying a tiny one at a Camrose show using his cell phone to control.... I hate those flying by my ZR1 or anyone's show cars ...... I have been flying drones since 2011/12 area and seen lots of things happen - Hate to have someones Corvette get scratched cause the wind picked up.

When I flew there was a 20 km hr wind at Abraham Lake and within 1-2 minutes when I was over the lake it went from 20 to 50-70 ( my pants were blowing crazy ) ... I couldn't fly towards me... my brother and I climbed half a mountain and found it in 3-4 pieces .. I had a beacon on it.

I am on all the Mavic Pro Facebook pages and even though those are amazing I see many pictures of them in pieces from crashing

B

Awesome Post @MikeysZ06! Wonder of we can use that sign around the province whereever we start a cruise or event? Just need someone with a hitch on thier car. Haha
Merle,my boss says we charge $150.00 per day for one of those. If you guys were ever to do anything down here,I could get one at a discount I’m sure ! Don’t think he’d let me take one to your mountain cruise starting point. :Nono1:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread