This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cruise 2019 Rocky Mountain Cruise

Paul M says I have too many surprises for the Mountain Cruise ( in a short weekend ) ....... I am up to 4 now. ( maybe only 2-3 will get used........ 2 are complete, 2 I am trying to custom build now )

So, if you wonder about these surprises, one hint.... they are all kinda related in a way and will create some real cool memories

I am hoping for no fires this year... hoping to outdo last years Mountain Cruise which had tons of laughter. I still remember us all sitting on the patio of the bar at Emerald Lake eating lunch. That was such a calm peaceful spot

This is the last Mountain Cruise I head up.... I hand it back over to Paul next year ( I will still probably co organize ) as he will be done with tons of planning of this Bowling Green Caravan.

Between Paul, Jeff and myself we put together some great ideas.... good to get input from these two.

Brian

Last edited:
List as of May 1st ( post if your not on this list and if you a yes or a maybe )

Now, many of the Alberta Corvettes Facebook page maybes will probably stay that way.

I am guessing 22-29 Corvettes and that one FORdVette

Last edited:
In and booked for both nights.

I’m all booked and traveling up with Thomas and some other people on Friday.

Update May 6th.... 9 rooms left for Saturday night at DTR. Don't have an update for rooms in Hinton, will check this week.

So, rooms still available but once they run out nothing really close - I just called and left a msg with Aurum Lodge to see if they have rooms, they only have 5 rooms there I guess... small place. They are close, nothing else close looks like.

Brian

Next closest is Nordegg at the old Lodge/hotel. Have't been there in a while but it is 1/2 drive east. aurum Lodge is an eco friendly lodge and is beautiful. This is a destination for people who want to get away and relax.

It is official my bride Lynn and I will be joining you all we will arrive Friday.
So looking forward to fun time!!

Update...... Now, the block of rooms in Hinton are saved till May 21st.... one month before. Best to book if your coming Friday night.

Now Saturday rooms guessing 5-9 rooms left... they said about 9 left a week ago.

OK, I have booked a room this Sunday night at David Thompson Resort ( I had a rough past weekend with putting down an aging cat.... I need a break .. need fresh mountain air ! )......I will be doing a test run looking for photo shoot locations and surprise stuff locations and so on.

Paul has seen all the surprises I am working on and he is amazed. I think 4/5 will come together..... one that not sure if I am doing will/should work but takes up space. LOL Paul will get this

Now, I might leave at 5am Sunday ( I will see how Ken ( Baby Rays ) day will be doing one less day ).... deciding...... I need to prepare some surprise camera and video stuff Saturday that I am working on.

I will be meeting with the lady at DTR Sunday night or Monday am and will see what they offer for food and the bonfire idea and so on.

I had some talks with one guy at Parks Canada Jasper and he gave me some idea's today.

I have the route 90% done.... tweaking of the route will happen this weekend

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: Dantanman
Update on my attendance
Not able to make it. I am instead going to a company tour of Copper Mountain Mine in Princeton that weekend.
My apologies all
A sort of voluntold thing.
Very closed access to this type of environment so at least I can say I been to a live open pit mine.
Cummins says make it so lol. (We rebuild the engines on these trucks. 60L-95 Liter High Horse Power motors) Big huge buggers the size of a flat deck tow truck. Thats just the motor.
Will post a pic later of a 60 Liter in the paint shop.

That's too bad Darrell. Looked forward to meeting you but it does sound like a kewl tour. Next time.

David Thompson Resort rooms were renovated last year........ they look great. Really enjoyed my stay!

UPDATE on rooms as of May 20th, 2019

Friday night..... 14 rooms available... NO MORE BLOCKED ROOMS AS OF TOMORROW

Saturday night 24 ( WOW ) rooms booked - 8 rooms available / left as of May 20th ( they are open now with someone now answering the phone ). ... no holds on Saturday night rooms.... best to book soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread