Has anyone heard if GM Canada has released pricing for the 2019 Corvette. I really want to get an order placed. Very frustrating.

Hey Mac:

I'm in the same situation as you. Been waiting patiently since November when GMC announced that they were cutting short the 2018MY and would begin building 2019's at the end of January. Since then I've stayed in touch with my 3 local dealers, all of whom have promised to let me know when the order book and pricing become available. I've also emailed GM Canada's customer service desk twice and been ignored both times.

Last weekend I went to one of my local dealers and spoke to their GM. Told him that I had just come from test driving a 2018 Audi TT RS and if GM Canada could not provide pricing / ordering information within the next 2 weeks they would lose me as a potential buyer. He got on the phone to both his Area Sales Manager and what he claimed was a higher up contact at GM Canada. He left messages for both and later in the day he informed me that GM Canada advised him that the pricing should be available by the first week in February. At this point I would take that with a pound of salt. I'm fed up with GM Canada. They've proven to be one of the most disorganized, unprofessional companies that I've had the displeasure to deal with. Love the car but I've just about had enough. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

Best regards
Ross

Anybody want to be Jeff's friend? He is taking applications now. :rolleyes: Now I don't really know Jeff but he has extremely good taste in colour so can't be that bad of a choice for a friend.... or at least an acquaintance.. :p

Reactions: ddgermann
Jeff may have said this somewhere in his post, not sure, but if you're very serious about placing an order, then I would talk to the dealer about using 2018 pricing for you. When I was looking at buying a '19 my dealer was fully willing to use '18 pricing with some wording in the contract for minor adjustments (the devil is in the details at this point, so make sure you read it carefully).

Hello Guys,
I am from Sherbrooke, Qc and I have placed an order for a convertible Corvette Grand Sport 2 weeks ago.
My dealer, Thibault GM, was able to enter the order into GM's system. He has used the 2018 price for my contract.
As you know, Corvettes are not delivered into Canada from mid-December to mid-March.
I should get my car about mid April.
I am about sure that if you are ready to sign a contract now your dealer will used the 2018 prices.

Try it!

Alain

Hey Mac:

I'm in the same situation as you. Been waiting patiently since November when GMC announced that they were cutting short the 2018MY and would begin building 2019's at the end of January. Since then I've stayed in touch with my 3 local dealers, all of whom have promised to let me know when the order book and pricing become available. I've also emailed GM Canada's customer service desk twice and been ignored both times.

Last weekend I went to one of my local dealers and spoke to their GM. Told him that I had just come from test driving a 2018 Audi TT RS and if GM Canada could not provide pricing / ordering information within the next 2 weeks they would lose me as a potential buyer. He got on the phone to both his Area Sales Manager and what he claimed was a higher up contact at GM Canada. He left messages for both and later in the day he informed me that GM Canada advised him that the pricing should be available by the first week in February. At this point I would take that with a pound of salt. I'm fed up with GM Canada. They've proven to be one of the most disorganized, unprofessional companies that I've had the displeasure to deal with. Love the car but I've just about had enough. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

Best regards
Ross
Hi Ross, thanks for the reply, it is frustrating, I placed an order for a 2018 at the beginning of November and was given an order number. I thought that it was a done deal, then several weeks later (beginning of December) I was told that GM could not fill the order! At that point I assumed that I could simply order a 2019, they could order 2019's south of the border by mid December but not here in Canada, I have also gone into several dealerships where I was told the same thing, that they can't take an order until Canadian pricing is released! Nice touch by the way using the Audi TT RS to leverage them, unfortunately they seem to arrogant to care!

Hello Guys,
I am from Sherbrooke, Qc and I have placed an order for a convertible Corvette Grand Sport 2 weeks ago.
My dealer, Thibault GM, was able to enter the order into GM's system. He has used the 2018 price for my contract.
As you know, Corvettes are not delivered into Canada from mid-December to mid-March.
I should get my car about mid April.
I am about sure that if you are ready to sign a contract now your dealer will used the 2018 prices.

Try it!

Alain
Hi Alain, thank you for your response. I will push my dealer for the same deal. I would like to get my car by April/May also. Good luck with your order.
Mac

Hi Ross, thanks for the reply, it is frustrating, I placed an order for a 2018 at the beginning of November and was given an order number. I thought that it was a done deal, then several weeks later (beginning of December) I was told that GM could not fill the order! At that point I assumed that I could simply order a 2019, they could order 2019's south of the border by mid December but not here in Canada, I have also gone into several dealerships where I was told the same thing, that they can't take an order until Canadian pricing is released! Nice touch by the way using the Audi TT RS to leverage them, unfortunately they seem to arrogant to care!

Hey Mac:

Your situation should be a little different in that if your dealer actually placed your 2018MY order before the order book closed in late November, and had an allocation, it should have been accepted. Ask your dealer if he ever received an event code and, if so what was the number. My understanding is that if a customer order had an event code beyond 1102, 2000 means accepted by the factory, for a 2018 it would convert to a 2019 but would not go into the build system until sometime in March as US builds take priority during January and February. Perhaps your order never made it to 2000 and that's why it was cancelled. Guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

In my case I did not place an order before the 2018MY order book closed in the 3rd week of November and, as of last Thursday, the 2019MY order book was still not open in Canada. The Canadian configurator at the dealer level is available but without pricing and, as such, the dealers cannot enter an order for a 2019MY C7. I know that Bizbiz911 mentioned above that his dealer was able to enter an order using the 2018MY order book and I hope that's true. I'd be curious to know if his dealer can give him an actual event code other than 1000-1102. The 3 dealers in my area, and the largest Corvette dealer in the country, all say that they still cannot enter orders yet for 2019 C7's.

I'm hopeful that the order book will open this coming Thursday, typically the day that GM Canada releases new / updated information to their dealers, and we can all move forward from there. Best of luck.

By the way, the TT RS is an extremely well made vehicle with outstanding performance but, you're right, the GM dealers don't care at all. And, besides, I still want the C7.

Best regards
Ross

Hi
I am in similar situation. I have contacted 2 dealership and both insist I place the order according to 2018 Pricing.
Did you manage to get an agreement on Discount below MSRP?

I wonder what sort of discount Canadian dealers are offering on 2019.

I am a bit confused. A few times in here I understand people are being told that their dealer will honor 2018 pricing for 2019s. yet the dealer has no idea what the pricing is for the 2019....and similarly can only enter a 1200 code order which really means nothing as it doesn't guarantee allocation. Similarly, it is still sad to hear stories of people who didnt get last years and the dealer will not honor pricing...but that is not up to him especially when he doesn't know this years pricing as of yet. Any dealer that is stating that he will honour last years price is telling you that he is paying any difference between the two out of his cut...which would be an amazing dealer I guess.. Similarly, if an order was not honored by the end of the year, the ONLY reason was that the dealer never had that allocation. GM is very very particular on all allocations and, only those in 14/15 I believe were honoured 'by GM' at the previous years pricing for a specific reason and there was published documentation to address that.

Hello All,

Here is my full story. In fact, I ordered a 2018 Corvette mid july 2017 for a September delivery. This was done without knowing (from my dealer and me) that the Corvette factory will shut down for couple of months.
When we discovered the shut down, my dealer was quite pissed off for not been informed by GM before placing the order. My dealer was quite creative for me as he rented me at a very low price, a 2016 convertible Corvette, for 2 months.
Then knowing in November that the 2019 Corvette will be launched in January 2018, we decided to cancel the 2018 model and wait until GM reopen the order book for 2019. This happen in mid January. I sat down with the dealer on January 22nd and he placed an order for a 2019 model. You are right that he did not have the 2019 price at that time but we signed a new contract using the 2018 pricing. I have a preliminary order detail number from GM but not a confirmation on when the car will be manufactured. My dealer told me that we should have an update late February as GM does not produce Corvette for Canada market before about mid-March. Based on my dealer, I should get the car probably late April early May. Allocation should not be a problem as he sells about 14 new Corvette per year and I am the first one on his list.

Best regards,

Alain

I just placed an order for 2019 GS 3LT based on 2018 pricing as well. Di you guys manage to get any discount? I was only offered 5% off MSRP. Does that sound reasonable?

Not sure if anyone cares but was at the GM dealer in Red Deer yesterday on unrelated matter and they have nine 2018's including a couple GS's, a couple Z06's, and a Z06/07... Their marked down prices looked pretty decent and the salesman who caught me gawking said they don't want to carry them and will deal accordingly.

I just placed an order for 2019 GS 3LT based on 2018 pricing as well. Di you guys manage to get any discount? I was only offered 5% off MSRP. Does that sound reasonable?
If you aren't an employee or a GM supplier and were able to negotiate 5%, then you did extremely well. Congratulations, and did they give you an estimated delivery date?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.