Featured Thread
i thought we couldn't park in banff. lunch is going to be elsewhere
I understand that too and this place was being considered. Now that I see this, it just might end up being my Sunday stop on the way back to Calgary though.
I think Banff just wouldn't take the group of Corvettes in a "special location" so another lunch stop might be now in place ... but I am surely keeping this menu in mind for Sunday ... (thanks Mike)

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I understand that too and this place was being considered. Now that I see this, it just might end up being my Sunday stop on the way back to Calgary though.
I think Banff just wouldn't take the group of Corvettes in a "special location" so another lunch stop might be now in place ... but I am surely keeping this menu in mind for Sunday ... (thanks Mike)
]yes, i guess on the way back could be an idea.

It’s an ok place. Not as good as it was 10 years ago but still not to bad. The menu has been completely re-worked.

i thought we couldn't park in banff. lunch is going to be elsewhere

We couldn't get parking in Banff so lunch will be at Kootenay Park Lodge....

on the way back we can decide...... Paul likes Canmore but maybe we can think on Banff....

It is just too much of a headache Saturday am people finding parking and us being on schedule.

We can always decide Sat night if we want lunch in Lake Louise Sunday or maybe Banff.

Brian

IS OUR MOUNTAIN CRUISING GETTING ANY CLOSER ???
LET'S ASK THIS LITTLE OWL ....

28378782_2042369322650253_1090438042812833744_n.jpg

Just a thought since u are asking for ideas. Myself and 1 or 2 others will be leaving the Drayton Valley, Rocky Mtn. House area on Saturday and catching up with the group in Golden. Via 11 west of Rocky to 93. Anyone wishing a room in Rocky to tag along would be welcome. Might even be a barbecue in Buck Lake on the way by, (Fri night??) Just throwing it out there as coming from the North and catching everyone in Cochrane / Canmore may be difficult if coming from afar. May even have to change my handle to "Wide '17" at that point.

Just a thought since u are asking for ideas. Myself and 1 or 2 others will be leaving the Drayton Valley, Rocky Mtn. House area on Saturday and catching up with the group in Golden. Via 11 west of Rocky to 93. Anyone wishing a room in Rocky to tag along would be welcome. Might even be a barbecue in Buck Lake on the way by, (Fri night??) Just throwing it out there as coming from the North and catching everyone in Cochrane / Canmore may be difficult if coming from afar. May even have to change my handle to "Wide '17" at that point.

Did you buy mine ?

or that one manual on 121 street and 102 ave

Or what. Jeff

as coming from the North and catching everyone in Cochrane / Canmore may be difficult if coming from afar. May even have to change my handle to "Wide '17" at that point.

Cochrane is straight down 22....... simple. Closer for you then me!

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/rock...3510e80!2m2!1d-114.4678603!2d51.1909883?dcr=0

All the Mountain cruises have been down the David Thompson.... thought time to switch it up with a new route......

Looks like maybe only 10-20 Corvettes this time.. guess we will see.

Jeff, Paul and myself did book a room for June 9th to do a test run of the route and learn maybe some spots to stop along the way. Half the route I haven't done for 20-30 years..... be good to do it before.

Congrats on 17wide or Wide17.... guess we will see Aug 18th what it is!

B

Hey Jeff. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but have several looking for the right '17 Gran Sport. If I don't find the right one the old wide '05 will make another trip.
Absolutely right Brian, closer for me than u but I don't have the schedule to be over nighting in Cochrane but can zip it down 11 and 93 on Sat and catch u guys in Golden. Thought if there were some north of Edmonton with same scheduling restraints, we could do it together. 93 Radium and 95 are fun runs, done many times but not lots of choices for stops. Got a buddy in Parsons building record setting jet river boats in a new facility there that would give u a tour of shop and jet turbine boats. Keep your hand over your wallet as he'll try and sell u one.

93 Radium and 95 are fun runs, done many times but not lots of choices for stops. .

It is kinda a mellow ( open ) drive from Radium to Golden but we will be going back from Golden Sun am on #1 so don't want to do it both ways..... see how it goes.

Like I said before..... the route it tentative...... we will try it early June and decide.....

Brian

Hey Jeff. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but have several looking for the right '17 Gran Sport. If I don't find the right one the old wide '05 will make another trip.
Absolutely right Brian, closer for me than u but I don't have the schedule to be over nighting in Cochrane but can zip it down 11 and 93 on Sat and catch u guys in Golden. Thought if there were some north of Edmonton with same scheduling restraints, we could do it together. 93 Radium and 95 are fun runs, done many times but not lots of choices for stops. Got a buddy in Parsons building record setting jet river boats in a new facility there that would give u a tour of shop and jet turbine boats. Keep your hand over your wallet as he'll try and sell u one.

what colour should we be looking for. Jeff

Looks like maybe 3 new people wanna go and some maybes.

About 5-10 cars/people from last year can't make this years event.

Good to keep it fresh with some new Corvette people.

Book your rooms.

Now, if the hotel sells out some could always stay in Golden 10 min away.

There is Copper Horse Lodge and Winston Lodge and Spa a block or two away too.

Copper Horse Lodge | Kicking Horse Resort Accommodation | Fine Dining | Golden BC

Home | Winston Lodge: Welcome to Winston Lodge at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort

This is possibly one place we may eat Saturday evening

Copper Horse Steakhouse | Kicking Horse Resort Fine Dining | Golden BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread