Featured Thread
Thanks for all the effort Brian,Paul and Jeff. This will be a great route. We’re in....

Jenny and Mike.

Subject to change as Abbotsford airshow is the week before. I’ve already got tickets,non refundable. I’ve got to figure a way to get an airshow,a cruise and a trip south within 12 days.

Last edited:
Subject to change as Abbotsford airshow is the week before. I’ve already got tickets,non refundable. I’ve got to figure a way to get an airshow,a cruise and a trip south within 12 days.

Oh no..... that sucks.

Hope you can do both.

I am back from Florida... trying to check up on posts here.

So, updates..... looks like parking is out in Banff.

Paul and I chatted today...... we will probably do a cruise through Banff ( and maybe a pee break too ) and come in the east side, maybe do tunnel mountain road and through main street Banff to show off the cars to everyone walking and out the west side, Might do 1A to the Radium turn off......

Mikey, you do these roads lots...... I will msg you to see about any scenic spots.... I have not done the 93 and 95 highways for 20+ years.....

Paul, Jeff and myself plan to do the route in early June to get ideas and find photo spots.

OH, I have to check... I booked a room and my credit card wasn't charged. Maybe they don't charge was so early...... I will let you know. My cat had a urinary infection the past two weeks and I have not had time to be in this forum for maybe 2 weeks now....... first time now.

Brian

Hey guys. Big thanks to Paul, Brian and Jeffer for putting together. Sounds like a bunch of fun again.
Question to the organizers.
Whats policy on some of us not able to get to the Cochrane launch and just meet in Golden and do the Emerald lake day with u all? I'm sure there's going to be a pile of cars to represent and with a little "Murphy's Law" injected will have to have the odd meet up place along the way, because of traffic and 10/100's.
Think I should be home cruisin'. Wintering in Mx right now and forget that we are still -25 and covered in snow.
Take care everyone.
Garth & Pam

Reactions: YFCvii
No issues with meeting in Golden Garth, but are staying in Mexico till then? Haha! Brian has done a big portion of the leg work on this one and as we get closer we will be sure to have meeting times and locations updated for the entire run. the more the merrier! Say Hi to Pam from Jo and I and get off the phone!

Thanks Paul. Good job Brian. Nope, Mx for another 10 days then back to Havasu, Az. Some crazy cars and shows there. One show right out my window, 800 pre '68. All from Az., Nevada and SoCal. Like a Barrett Jackson every week. Mx getting with the '90s, even gots the wifi, Hi to Jo.

The continental divide/BC border is about 15/20 kms from Hwy 1. Marble Canyon,the paint pots and Numa Falls are all before the KPL Brian. Anything after that I’ve driven past other than the Dolly Varden day use area. It’s yours to discover !! As I PMd somebody awhile back,not my trip to step in on. Northbound from Radium to Golden ? Not really much worth stopping for. Maybe a fruit stand or two. On the way out of Cochrane,I’d recommend the 1A to the 1X. From there back to the TCH with a stop at the Deadmans Flats husky. Filling up there will get you to Golden even with a detour through Banff. Gas in Radium in July/August will be 30 cents more.

Last edited:
Garth, you can do that.

Another idea is Garth leaving your area early in the am and meeting us for the Saturday lunch probably at Kootaney Resort around noon. Leave west on David Thompson and go back to 93 and over to our lunch location.

Mike, noted all these you posted and will check into them.... anyone can give us ideas for scenic stops.

Brian

Reactions: MikeysZ06
The continental divide/BC border is about 15/20 kms from Hwy 1. Marble Canyon,the paint pots and Numa Falls are all before the KPL Brian. Anything after that I’ve driven past other than the Dolly Varden day use area. It’s yours to discover !! As I PMd somebody awhile back,not my trip to step in on. Northbound from Radium to Golden ? Not really much worth stopping for. Maybe a fruit stand or two. On the way out of Cochrane,I’d recommend the 1A to the 1X. From there back to the TCH with a stop at the Deadmans Flats husky. Filling up there will get you to Golden even with a detour through Banff. Gas in Radium in July/August will be 30 cents more.

I’ll be going to Abbotsford and a stop in PoCo and then off to Kalispell from there for a week.
Thanks Mike ... you are our "mountain man" ... although your joining in is TBD ... my plan was just to follow a particular Blue Z06 to any of those "secret" oasis spots !

Last edited:
Thanks Mike ... you are our "mountain man" ... sorry you are not with us ... my plan was just to follow a particular Blue Z06 to any of those "secret" oasis spots !
This trip will be determined if J can come up pending her VAC availability. We’re both hoping as I don’t want to do any solo drive of this nature. This is too good not to be shared.

Hi everyone. Talking with the Kootenay Park Lodge for lunch. They are proposing a buffet lunch and will be closing the restaurant for our event. There is the inside and the patio. They say the total capacity is 55 people but I will be discussing the option of adding more if needed.

There are three options to choose from and we must make a desicion on which option we will go with. The restaurant is asking for a $250 deposit which I will cover to hold the date. Will see if we can get voting buttons for the choices. Take a look and see what you think!

The following options will be served buffet style. A cash bar will be made available to guests who wish to
enjoy our selection of local beer, B.C. VQA wines and cocktails.

• Option A ($18 per person)
 A selection of freshly prepared cold cut sandwiches and wraps
 The option of either; bagged potato chips and vegetables with dip OR cold deli salads
 A variety of squares, cookies and fruit
 Pop, water, juice, tea and coffee
  • Option B ($24 per person)
 Konig Meats sausages and 6 oz pure beef burgers served on lodge made bun with condiments and
accompaniments
 The option of either; bagged potato chips and vegetables with dip OR cold deli salads
  • Option C ($35 per person)
 Selection of local meats and cheeses
 Roasted herb chicken, vegetable lasagna, roast beef with au jus
 Smashed rosemary potatoes, steamed vegetables and garlic bread
 Mixed greens with local goat cheese, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and a balsamic dressing

I here you Mike and good comment. Also if anyone has allergies it’s something to let us know also by PM. We will work to assure everyone is taken care of.

Hey guys. Big thanks to Paul, Brian and Jeffer for putting together. Sounds like a bunch of fun again.
Question to the organizers.
Whats policy on some of us not able to get to the Cochrane launch and just meet in Golden and do the Emerald lake day with u all? I'm sure there's going to be a pile of cars to represent and with a little "Murphy's Law" injected will have to have the odd meet up place along the way, because of traffic and 10/100's.
Think I should be home cruisin'. Wintering in Mx right now and forget that we are still -25 and covered in snow.
Take care everyone.
Garth & Pam
Thanks Paul. I like option “A” myself. The less food in my gut behind the wheel makes for more comfy driving. As well,saves room for the big evening feast later.

AGREED jeff

OK, got a email from the rep I dealt with. She said the resort is looking busy this weekend. Said we should ALL book our rooms now!

Now, I don't think my credit card was charged yet. I will check. NOPE, not charged so please BOOK ASAP

She would not do a block of rooms for us, policy not to do that.

Says only 3 rooms are booked so far through our group. Are people planning to go or not because the meet in the middle event?

Book asap,,, link on the other thread.

Brian

You can now start booking! Saturday August 18th, 2018 for one night.

You will get 10% of the regular rates of $209 and $269 a night, valid till July 15th, 2018 - there are no rooms blocked, it is all first call, first to book.

You can book via phone #1-877-754-5486- they will need to provide the group name ‘Mountain Corvette Cruise’.

You can also book online by using the links below:

Glacier Mountaineer Lodge: https://glaciermountaineer.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1397&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307240&vr=3

Palliser Lodge: https://palliserlodge.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1398&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307246&vr=3

Jasper is already sold out for most of 2018......... If we were to plan a 2019 Mountain Cruise to Jasper we would probably have to book this year for next year.

The mountain resorts are popular. I picked this one as it was $160.00 less then Lake Louise Inn at the same time........ and it was a different drive to try.

Brian

:Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo:
So now that I have your attention.
Brian has had an email form the Glacier Mountain Resort at Kicking Horse. ROOMS ARE GOING FAST!!
If you are considering coming on this cruise please call to reserve or go online! They are accepting the bookings and not charging the credits cards right now. So win-win.
It is important that if your are considering this weekend cruise please reserve your room now before it is too late!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread