Featured Thread
Rooms booked at Cochrane and Glacier Resort! :Hurray:
What do I win? Wait, o_O I'm one of the organizers.
Damn, we are in charge of the special giveaway!
Wait for it!!;)

Reactions: YFCvii
Awesome August 2018 Mountain Cruise. I am excited in my plans to join in.
Although it is not a request nor anticipation nor a thought of myself, the concept of rotating
annual Southern, Central and Northern Alberta & Mountain Cruises is much to be appreciated and applauded.
Thank you

Freda & Spence - Room is Booked Sat night Aug 18th at the Glacier Lodge

note: you will be requested for full payment for one night up-front on a credit card as a deposit.
I was told it was non-refundable so I didn't follow thru. I called back later in the day and my second attempt had the 72hr cancellation applied.
Mistake of the person on the initial call. I did the old-school phone-in and talk to someone in reservations versus the on-line method ...

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
Awesome August 2018 Mountain Cruise. I am excited in my plans to join in.
Although it is not a request nor anticipation nor a thought of myself, the concept of rotating
annual Southern, Central and Northern Alberta & Mountain Cruises is much to be appreciated and applauded.
Thank you

Freda & Spence - Room Booked Sat night Aug 18th at the Glacier Lodge

it was my idea to alternate. ( Paul's cruise ended in Cochrane in 2013 so kinda got the start idea from that )

You know it is 490 km for Calgarian's to get to Lake Louise via the David Thompson highway.... so thought maybe do something different.

I think it is the best...... going Rocky to Sask crossing each year repeated is a nice drive but change is good.

If Paul doesn't' get anywhere's with Banff for parking the Sat luch might be at Kooteney Lodge -- I still want to do a drive through Banff to show off our Vettes on Banff Ave so might venture through town ( and show the town what they are missing to be on display.... haha but hope we get something for parking together. )

and now that the top of the mountain is not open Sat night we might do the same idea where people can pick 2-3 places at the resort to eat.... one might be that Steakhouse ( it is at a 11 room hotel right next to the Mountaineer )

CORKS RESTAURANT + BAR
Located at Copper Horse Lodge, on mountain, just across from the gondola, Corks Restaurant + Bar has a casual ambience with warm tones and a cozy candlelight atmosphere.

Enjoy an experience of fresh, delicious, flavourful food, served in hearty portions, complimented by exceptional new world wines and great service from knowledgeable staff.

Peaks Grill
Peaks Grill is located at the base of the Gondola in the heart of the action at Kicking Horse Plaza. Known for legendary après with delicious homemade food and ice cold beer.

Double Black CafÉ
Double Black Café is located steps from the gondola. Join us for that first cup of coffee and a light breakfast. Stop in for a specialty coffee and choose from our selection of freshly-baked goods. Enjoy a wholesome lunch mid-day, then end the day with snacks and cold beer.

The Kicking Horse Saloon
Come to our classic western saloon or family restaurant. We offer tasty homestyle meals and a wonderful selection of microbrew beers, wines and spirits. Have fun playing board games or our famous Giant Jenga. Kids (under 19) are welcome in the saloon until 10 pm.

I have Cochrane booked but not yet Kicking Horse...... maybe book it tonight.

B

Last edited:
I was really hoping to catch this one guys. But I’m overseas in August... again.
On the bright side maybe I’ll get lucky and things will shift. Or get fired. :Biggrin:

Please do not wish for that, you make some money so that I can be the passenger of the year.

if we had your schedule we could work it with your employer to rearrange their calendar

Jeffy

Reactions: ddgermann
I was really hoping to catch this one guys. But I’m overseas in August... again.
On the bright side maybe I’ll get lucky and things will shift. Or get fired. :Biggrin:
Derek. I "liked" your post because you let us know of your foreseeable conflicting schedule.
Just so you know that I did not "like" your post because you can't join with us.

Last edited:
Derek. I "liked" your post because you let us know of your foreseeable conflicting schedule.
Just so you know that I did not "like" your post because you can't join with us.

Spence I liked your post because you didn’t like my post because I would not be there... but liked my post because I informed of a schedule conflict.

Please do not like this post!!

:ROFL:

In Hong Kong now getting wined up for the flight to Vancouver.
Got to love Cathay Pacific business class.. awesome lounges.

D

Spence I liked your post because you didn’t like my post because I would not be there... but liked my post because I informed of a schedule conflict.

Please do not like this post!!

:ROFL:

In Hong Kong now getting wined up for the flight to Vancouver. 0606
Got to love Cathay Pacific business class.. awesome lounges.

D
Although I try, not much gets by you Derek ... with little hope for my Ray against your Z06, I had to give "er-whato_O" humour a go ... you win on this too :Biggrin:
It's Great to welcome you back to :canada:knowing today will be like never-ending for you with that flight to YVR ...

Last edited:
Although I try, not much gets by you Derek ... with little hope for my Ray against your Z06, I had to give "er-whato_O" humour a go ... you win on this too :Biggrin:
It's Great to welcome you back to :canada:knowing today will be like never-ending for you with that flight to YVR ...

Better than Business Class AC Derek.... We fly to Liberia.... Our luggage flies to Siberia.... Easy mistake to make I guess....:rofl:

And the laughing face above is compliments of sitting around the pool with a bourbon in my hand.... and a down fill parka on my back.... hahahahaha....

are these the dates for sure? wife has to book her holidays in July and august by the end of January. sounds like fun foresure
Dates won't change for this group once released and you have the active bookings :thumbs:
Fun we will have ... I always have fun when with a Corvette whether I like it or not ... ;):angelic:

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Banff has responded and the initial response is they can park usat the Fenlands overflow parking lot. This is NW of the railway station across the tracks. 10 - 15 minute walk to town. My first thought is not good and this won't do. I will try agan next week to talk to someone regarding other options now.
A question I have for people coming is : "Would you pay foo a spot from say 8 am to 1:30 pm? I'm going to call the High School as their lot is listed as being free parking. Will also check as Mikey said if we could park on the grass. This is just a blcok away from downtown and can be seen from the main drag, so great visual spot.

If this does not work out we have an alternate plan for lunch at the Kootenay Park Lodge down Highway 95. Stay tuned.

Hi everyone. Banff has responded and the initial response is they can park usat the Fenlands overflow parking lot. This is NW of the railway station across the tracks. 10 - 15 minute walk to town. My first thought is not good and this won't do. I will try agan next week to talk to someone regarding other options now.
A question I have for people coming is : "Would you pay foo a spot from say 8 am to 1:30 pm? I'm going to call the High School as their lot is listed as being free parking. Will also check as Mikey said if we could park on the grass. This is just a blcok away from downtown and can be seen from the main drag, so great visual spot.

If this does not work out we have an alternate plan for lunch at the Kootenay Park Lodge down Highway 95. Stay tuned.
If the school is close I would pay up to 20 bucks should cost 10. Jeff

Just my thoughts Paul and would encourage others opinions. If we can’t get “all together parking” in Banff townsite,why don’t we just drive Banff for a lap or 2 and carry on to KPL for lunch. It’s a pretty nice spot and not to busy from times I’ve gone by it. Sadly,I’ve never stopped there so I can’t say anything about it. Looks pretty good on the website.

Kootenay Park Lodge | Canadian Rockies Accommodation | Cabins | Banff

As well as an scenic alternative to the TCH,a short detour onto the Bow Valley Parkway just past Banff and to Castle Juntion where we hook onto 93.

Not trying to steal anyone’s idea or thunder,just offering something.
anything is fine with me. Jeff

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Thanks Mike, we will look at the Bow Valley to castle junction. Never been that way so game! I've received an email from the Kootenay Lodge regarding lunch and it looks good but not crossing off Banff, yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread