Featured Thread
Hey Jeff. Anything but black. Partial to the Black Rose Metallic or Watkins Glen Gray. Kalahari interior, again not black. No offence but I'm anal about spotless and even though black is good looking, I always see swirls and water spots. Worn out many dust clothes and micro fiber.

Reactions: Jr. Corvette
Corvette Zone event page

If you are attending this Mountain Cruise, please join Corvette Zone and sign up as an participant/antendee

2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise
I RSVPd to this. According to the page,I’m the 3rd person to do so. Same issue as before though. I had to do it twice as the first time I got the same message,,,, Please enter a valid email.

Second time,same email,it worked.

Reactions: turbozig
I RSVPd to this. According to the page,I’m the 3rd person to do so. Same issue as before though. I had to do it twice as the first time I got the same message,,,, Please enter a valid email.

Second time,same email,it worked.

That whole site is not friendly to me.... I tried to RSVP to the Ponoka event and don't think it took.. I seen myself then I was gone.

B

Updated THE FIRST POST April 15th with some names from Alberta Corvettes Facebook page
Also, there are 10 maybes too on that page - I will be contacting people over the next while to see if they might go and if they have any questions. Looks like we could have 20-25 Corvettes again,

ProjectsBC - Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure

If you click on the 20 near the Golden area you will see the 95 between Radium and Golden has 4 areas that have been repaved and completed. Should make for nice smooth driving.

Also lots of upgrades have been completed between Golden and Field too

Last edited:
Yes, gas is expensive in BC...... but filling up in Alberta should give most a round trip on Alberta gas.

Now, seen the Sask crossing 91 is $2.11.9 ltr so fill up in lake Louise if need gas and heading north on Sunday.

Most should be able to go Cochrane to at least Lake Louise..... depending how you drive ;)

Brian

Hey Jeff. Anything but black. Partial to the Black Rose Metallic or Watkins Glen Gray. Kalahari interior, again not black. No offence but I'm anal about spotless and even though black is good looking, I always see swirls and water spots. Worn out many dust clothes and micro fiber.
Drayton Valley chev talk to Ryan he can make the deal. Leftover convertible

might change Sundays plans a bit..... below might be the new plans.

Sunday am

8am – Breakfast

9am – drive to Golden to gas up if you need/want gas ( 16 km )

9:30am – meeting location to start day 2 ( location TBD )

9:45am – Leave Golden to drive to Takakkaw Falls ( approx 100 km )

11am – Arrive Takakkaw Falls ( approx 45 min visit )

Approx 12 noon – head to Emerald Lake visit for maybe 1-2-3 hour(s)

( Parking to be planned – could be a lot off the area for hotel guests - shuttle required that they offer – TBD with them )

2-3 locations to have lunch - area has beautiful lake views / trails to walk around the lake.

Kicking Horse Lounge
Featuring a selection of superb regional micro-brewed beers as well as some of the world’s finest single malt Scotches, Cognacs and Ports, the bartender behind the original 1890’s Yukon Bar will take – and make – all drink requests. Note: the dining room menu is also served in the Kicking Horse Lounge.

Cilantro on the Lake
Casual but undeniably magical, Cilantro on the Lake is located by the bridge and offer imaginative bistro-style lunches and dinners. Featured selections include pasta, pizza and sandwiches. The food and the views are simply unbeatable in the Canadian Rockies.

Mount Burgess Dining Room
Mount Burgess dining room is renowned for its signature Rocky Mountain Cuisine and comfortable, warm atmosphere. Experience Chef Valerie Morrison’s seasonal menu – featuring free-range elk, bison and caribou along with seafood, pasta and a sophisticated array of desserts.

Afternooon TBD at a later date closer to event

EG possible stop at Natural Bridge close by
Natural Bridge is an impressive natural rock formation that spans the flow of the Kicking Horse River west of Field, where the slower-moving waters from the Field valley flats begin their descent through a canyon to be joined by the Amiskwi River.

The Natural Bridge lookout presents visitors with the opportunity to view the formation from a variety of different vantage points, with interpretive displays explaining the physical processes at work. The bridge can easily be reached by car just 3km (1.9 miles) from Field on Emerald Lake Road.

emeraldlake1.jpg

emeraldlake2.jpg

The shuttle holds 11 people ( maybe 4-5 trips )... will be working on the shuttle for us. it would be a 2-3 minute shuttle ride I think.... 11 minutes walking.

emeraldlake3.jpg

Amazing area.... Jeff and I had a quick visit here last spring during the test run drive we did... this is where I was trying to take my girlfriend last year when I branched off but hit tons of sealcoating.

Emerald-Lake-Lodge-Canadian-Rocky-Mountain-Resorts-Yoho-0322-Dean-Cebuliak-640x427.jpg

35244524_10155350414672007_2945107195680784384_n.jpg

35329974_10155350423337007_8834060649068756992_n.jpg

photo credit to solo outdoors

Last edited:
Today was the last day for the booking period. Both hotels are sold out as of now.

I guess now if you want to go you would need to book something in Golden.

You can always call the hotel to see if rooms are available. Ask for TJ and try get the 10% off the room rate for the Corvette event.

A test run of the cruise is happening next weekend. More info to follow in the coming weeks.

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread