Stever

I'm New Here
Oct 3, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Corvette Z51
Province
ON
Hi everyone, I recently purchased my first Corvette C7 and have noticed is has some transmission issues I think. Spoke to my dealer about it and he is telling me it maybe a torque converter. From what I have read online and in other forums is that this is a common problem from years 2014 to 2016 C7‘s with 8 speed automatic transmissions. Has anyone had similar problems and if so is there a solution? I have read some posts on forums where owners have changed the torque converter and it didn’t change anything and found it to be a waste of money. Just wanted to reach out and see if I could get some advice from other owners who have had this problem and see what they did to resolve.
Thanks, Stever

Hi everyone, I recently purchased my first Corvette C7 and have noticed is has some transmission issues I think. Spoke to my dealer about it and he is telling me it maybe a torque converter. From what I have read online and in other forums is that this is a common problem from years 2014 to 2016 C7‘s with 8 speed automatic transmissions. Has anyone had similar problems and if so is there a solution? I have read some posts on forums where owners have changed the torque converter and it didn’t change anything and found it to be a waste of money. Just wanted to reach out and see if I could get some advice from other owners who have had this problem and see what they did to resolve.
Thanks, Stever
There is a ton of discussion here on the C7 auto tranny woes... I have a C7 M7 so can't comment but here's a link to one of the many threads here and likely some A8 owners will chime in.https://canadiancorvetteforums.com/threads/a8-automatic-issues-wide-spread-or-not.44868/#post-234865

Last edited:
Thanks Nik for responding and the link to the forum article, I will check it out and let everyone know how this ends up for me and my C7.

@Stever

There are a series of TSB bulletins on C7 tranny slippage and how to fix it with a simple oil change. Only the last latest TSB bulletin is correct, and all previous ones are wrong, recommending wrong fluid.

The oil and service is about $1000. Oil is over $700 alone.
This is not a typo. We did it And I have the bill.

In 99% of C7s it fixes the problem perfectly Or prevents it from starting.

What presents itself as a torque converter problem is actually a bad tranny fluid spec. A royal GM screwup.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.